Glasgow uni 2013 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JuliSie
Just firmed my offer for neuroscience as well! :biggrin:

Yey, more neuroscientists :biggrin:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Just firmed for primary teaching :smile: staying in unite halls at kelvin court haha
Original post by cris_cristina
Yey, more neuroscientists :biggrin:

Yaaayyy!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
my name is Kate and I applied for English Literature and Comparative Lit.. Have conditional offer (results in the end of june).
sooo maaany people ! :O :biggrin:
Guys, is there any facebook group for firmers/freshers? If there is not, we should make one, shouldnt we?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 785
Original post by chloedejonge
Guys, is there any facebook group for firmers/freshers? If there is not, we should make one, shouldnt we?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think there is one so yeah that'd be a good idea! :smile: though there aren't many very active Glasgow threads for many people to find out about the fb page annoyingly :/
Reply 786
Hi, just accepted Glasgow for nursing although I have to go to summer school for chem and bio as my qualifications are out of date!! Anyone else going to summer school or doing nursing?
Reply 787
Hi those coming from England, what did you think about the 3 subject idea in the first year? Of course nothing's easy but do you think it'll be beneficial to us having done A Levels?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 788
Original post by katie94th
Hi,
my name is Kate and I applied for English Literature and Comparative Lit.. Have conditional offer (results in the end of june).
sooo maaany people ! :O :biggrin:

Hi, nice to meet someone else who's going to do comp lit. :biggrin: hope you meet your offer!
(edited 11 years ago)
I JUST FIRMED GLASGOW :biggrin: so excited!
Reply 790
Original post by TK95
Hi those coming from England, what did you think about the 3 subject idea in the first year? Of course nothing's easy but do you think it'll be beneficial to us having done A Levels?

I dont get what you mean, What do you mean about the 3 subject idea exactly? about taking 3 subjects compared to highers for scottish students? Um for the courses that don't require advanced highers may put you at a advantage since you've basically done the equivalent of advanced highers (a2) but for courses e.g. Medicne etc... that require advanced highers within their course requirements then it should be a pretty even ballpark

Original post by kaaaaayleigh
I JUST FIRMED GLASGOW :biggrin: so excited!

Nice one! What course you doing? :smile:
Original post by Castiel'

Psychology! :smile: What about you?
Reply 792

Awesome! Medicine :smile: you decided on accommodation?
Awesome! Medicine :smile: you decided on accommodation?

Nice! Conditional or unconditional? I'm not sure yet. I'd like QM because of a medical condition, it would be better for me to have an en-suite, but it's so expensive! What about you?
Reply 794

So nice! Me too :smile: I graduated from IB in Poland in 2011, then had a short affair with studying law... But I didnt know what I really want to do and became a cabin crew being based in Italy ... Now got unconditional offer for Psychology:wink: so excited !
I read your previous posts about age.. By the time we start the academic year I will be 21 :smile:
Reply 795
Nice! Conditional or unconditional? I'm not sure yet. I'd like QM because of a medical condition, it would be better for me to have an en-suite, but it's so expensive! What about you?

Conditional? you? and ah okay yeah QM is quite pricey :/ but its definitely the best out of all them (comfort and room quality wise). I've applied for QM hoping I get it but at the same time I'd be almost as happy in Cairncross or Murano just because of the thought I'd be saving nearly a grand instead :P
Reply 796
I dont get what you mean, What do you mean about the 3 subject idea exactly? about taking 3 subjects compared to highers for scottish students? Um for the courses that don't require advanced highers may put you at a advantage since you've basically done the equivalent of advanced highers (a2) but for courses e.g. Medicne etc... that require advanced highers within their course requirements then it should be a pretty even ballpark

Yh I'm doing maths so I need to do maths plus another 2 subjects in first year. And then it narrows down into 2nd and 3rd year.

Reply 797
Original post by TK95
Yh I'm doing maths so I need to do maths plus another 2 subjects in first year. And then it narrows down into 2nd and 3rd year.

Oh right I didnt know about that :tongue: what are the other subjects you're choosing to do in your 1st year then? and yeah you're right in a way people with A levels can just pick the other subjects they do so its basically just an extended A level but a subject is dropped after every year
Conditional? you? and ah okay yeah QM is quite pricey :/ but its definitely the best out of all them (comfort and room quality wise). I've applied for QM hoping I get it but at the same time I'd be almost as happy in Cairncross or Murano just because of the thought I'd be saving nearly a grand instead :P

Me too :smile: What's your condition? It is, I'm hoping for QM but I think I'd be fine with Murano too. I have to wait a couple of days before applying though because I've only just firmed it. I just want to get it over with!
Reply 799
Oh right I didnt know about that :tongue: what are the other subjects you're choosing to do in your 1st year then? and yeah you're right in a way people with A levels can just pick the other subjects they do so its basically just an extended A level but a subject is dropped after every year

Not completely sure tbh but it'll probably be a little different to what I'm doing atm in A levels which is maths, economics and French. Economics is a possibility I suppose and although I'm fine with French, the thought of doing it at university scares me lol!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending