The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow uni 2013 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys! Don't suppose anyone else is doing Civil Engineering in September? Just got my results today and so far don't know anyone who's going to Glasgow!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 981
Hey there,

I'm called Nathan, and I will be studying History at Glasgow and I can't wait :smile: I feel jealous of all you guys who live close enough to Glasgow to be able to commute, I'm moving from the south of France. So yeah. I'm here to meet the locals and people I will hopefully be spending the next 4 years with :smile:
Reply 982
I'll be off to Glasgow in september.

Doing theatre, film&TV and going to be staying at Murano Street Student Village (large flats) any one else doing the course or in Murano? Would be great to talk to people about either of these two! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 983
Original post by Miss Molly
Here everyone! Not long to go now- I'm studying the English Lit and Music MA course and was wondering if anyone else was? In addition I'm staying in Cairncross Halls. I hope someone reading this is staying there to! :smile:

I'm studying English Literature and Philosophy and I'm staying in Cairncross!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shearerlol
I couldn't see much of it in the dark! Computing Science + Psychology right now, wbu?

Haha! And I'm studying French :biggrin: looking forward to starting uni soon :biggrin:
Ah that's fantastic! Fingers crossed that I meet you then:smile: where are you from if you don't mind me asking?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I'm Sophie, I'll be studying English Literature. I just got an offer of accommodation from Kelvinhaugh Street, I thought that was just for students in later years and Postgraduates. Is anyone else staying there?
Reply 987
Original post by Rickygw
I'll be off to Glasgow in september.

Doing theatre, film&TV and going to be staying at Murano Street Student Village (large flats) any one else doing the course or in Murano? Would be great to talk to people about either of these two! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm studying law but will be in Murano!
Reply 988
Original post by nicolagrantgrant
Has anyone else noticed they have increased the entry requirments for Psychology for 2014 entry!:O You now need AAAA in your first sitting ....

Law is the same, it was AAAAB now it is AAAAA - for an unconditional anyway. I think both subjects are have climbed league tables (if that means anything) because law is 5th on the one I saw... One place behind Oxford
Reply 989
Original post by JamessLad
I'm studying law but will be in Murano!

Good to know, Murano is huge! So even if two people go, you may never see each other :P But hey, I'm sure wherever we are it'll be a blast!
Original post by JamessLad
Law is the same, it was AAAAB now it is AAAAA - for an unconditional anyway. I think both subjects are have climbed league tables (if that means anything) because law is 5th on the one I saw... One place behind Oxford

Are you doing law? My sister is doing law at Glasgow, you will love it! Yeah, Glasgow is fifth for Psychology on the league tables now! x
Reply 991
Original post by BethSwift17
Does anyone know?? -- I'll probably get BBC (Geog, English Lit, Maths) but Glasgow is my firm and offered me ABB. My question is, is there any chance in Hell i'll get in? I'm guessing Glasgow is not lenient at all...

I was just wondering if you did get in? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm studying English Lit and living in QM :smile: Is there anyone else doing the same?
Reply 993
Original post by Sixbrow
Hey there,

I'm called Nathan, and I will be studying History at Glasgow and I can't wait :smile: I feel jealous of all you guys who live close enough to Glasgow to be able to commute, I'm moving from the south of France. So yeah. I'm here to meet the locals and people I will hopefully be spending the next 4 years with :smile:

Hey Nathan! Nice to meet you. It's cool to see other nationalities coming to Glasgow! ^.^
What accommodation will you be staying at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 994
Original post by Sixbrow
Hey there,

Hi there, I am a fellow historian from Greece :P What do you think about the course? I quite like it, though it bugs me a bit that we are starting with Scottish history, I think I would prefer something a little more general for an introduction.
Reply 995
Original post by rachaelxjane
I'm studying English Lit and living in QM :smile: Is there anyone else doing the same?

I'm also studying English lit :biggrin:
Original post by Loz_ox
I'm also studying English lit :biggrin:

Awesome :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 997
Original post by Phoenicia
Hi there, I am a fellow historian from Greece :P What do you think about the course? I quite like it, though it bugs me a bit that we are starting with Scottish history, I think I would prefer something a little more general for an introduction.

I think what will happen is that while doing Scottish history you'll cover a range of the basic skills needed to study any time period. Therefore, the fact that it is Scottish history is irrelevant.
Reply 998
Original post by shannonphoebe
Hey guys! Don't suppose anyone else is doing Civil Engineering in September? Just got my results today and so far don't know anyone who's going to Glasgow!

I don't know anyone doing that course either. I'm going to Glasgow though, and I'm lucky enough to know a few people going haha Are you going into halls?
Same situation as most, I don't know anyone going to Glasgow and I'm studying Chemical Physics! Anyone else either doing something similar or the same course? Be nice to recognise some faces before I go. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending