The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

I seriously hate Leicester Tigers. Ironic given I study in Leicester.
lnjames
The good ones don't make it obvious. You can only call them cheaters if you see them cheat. :p:

It's often obvious to the supporters, but unseen to the ref (something I know only too well!)
QwentyJ
I seriously hate Leicester Tigers. Ironic given I study in Leicester.

Good to see there's someone else who really hates them. I blame Austin Healey.
lnjames
:mad: I knew you worked for Sky Sports!

Did they say that? I thought he was awesome! Has been for the whole season.

Kearney will get shown up tomorrow.

Murphy's the man.
sickened for bath. I cant stand the tigers for some reason. Ever since they were sponsored by roadstone I just imagine 15 builders with yellow hard hats running around the pitch...
pinkpenguin
Did they say that? I thought he was awesome! Has been for the whole season.

Club performance doesn't carry over to international performance, etc. :p:

And everyone stop being mean about my Tigers! :mad:
Im itching for the munster game! Anyone else?

I predict a 17-10 munster win.

and a

13-12 Leinster win.
lnjames
Club performance doesn't carry over to international performance, etc. :p:

And everyone stop being mean about my Tigers! :mad:

Ah but does Lions = Ireland international?

I think I've said before that he was continually snubbed for Ireland by O'Sullivan for Girve the Swerve. He'd come on in the last 10 and not have time to impress.

Same with Kidney, although you could argue that Kearney has earned his shirt (possibly not atm though. We shall see today)

It's Murphy's control of the game that makes him special, not his one off moments of magic. Popping up in the outside centre channel makes him dangerous, there is no better person under the high ball and he has learnt how to kick out of hand like a 10! That and his silky little offloads.

Making him captain at Leicester because of injuries has really motivated him to get involved. He looks like he's trying his best to get on the plane and I think he deserves it.

Previous international form shouldn't come into it. Those on form in the last couple of months should travel. Even if that's at the expense of Kearney.

That's also why I think Lewsey should travel. Maybe even over Jamie Roberts who looked thoroughly one-dimensional again yesterday.

Worst distribution skills out of all the possible 12's, not a great kicker, allowed Jauzion (I think...) to waltz through his gap. Not sure about him, if I'm honest.

And I was on the Tiger's side yesterday, by the way!

Today is all about Munster. So goddam excited. If last week's Munster show up, we will bow them away. I expect a big performance from Keith Earls after last week and hopefully RO'G can silence his critics. Why in god's name O'Leary is starting, I don't know. Stringer has been so hard done by this year...

Leinster should be interesting too. I'm gonna spend the whole game urging O'Driscoll to not run too much (hamstrings) and not go into contact at all (any other possible injury/hamstrings).

I can just see a tour-ending injury... :sad:
NoHands
13-12 Leinster win.

:rolleyes: Wishful thinking... The Hairy Quims won't choke this time, I swear!
lnjames
:rolleyes: Wishful thinking... The Hairy Quims won't choke this time, I swear!

i certainly messed up the munster score. you never know..
Haha, true. And while Munster have had a great game and deserved a big win, there's something that's been annoying me in the breakdown. Countless Munster players have been attempting to steal the ball after the tackle, which is fine. But I though referees were meant to be cracking down on players that were off balance (i.e. leaning so far forward that they wouldn't be able to balance if they weren't using their hands).
The Hairsprays were embarrassed out there today.
Wayne Barnes doesn't penalise anyone for anything though. Forward passes and off-the-ball tackles from both sides went unnoticed. He really doesn't put his stamp on the game and Munster capitalised.

Munster were exceptional. Bar a few missed tackles, O'Gara was great. Earls and Warwick were awesome too. Even O'Leary, who I really don't like, had a good game despite that infernal step every time he picks the ball up! :mad:

Ryan Jones played himself off the tour. Useless. Sonny Parker had a very good game in the centres for the Hairsprays and Adam Jones was very strong in the scrum.

I really really want Leinster to win. Munster vs. Leinster at Croke then a Munster vs. Leicester final would be immense. Plus, Harlequins can beat anyone, whereas Munster would fancy their chances against the Ladyboys.

Still getting nervous that Turner-Hall is going to be running straight at O'Driscoll! :eek3:
Did anyone notice how miserable Gatland looked? Probably thinking how none of his boyos were going to tour with the Lions anymore. Or it could have just been his "We hate the Irish" face. :laugh:
lnjames
Did anyone notice how miserable Gatland looked? Probably thinking how none of his boyos were going to tour with the Lions anymore. Or it could have just been his "We hate the Irish" face. :laugh:

My bloody concern is that the main 3 Lion's coaches are Gatland, Howley and Edwards! The Wales set up! What the hell, McGeechan?! If Ryan Jones ends up on that plane... :rant:

http://www.lionsrugby.com/7218.php

That's quite interesting. At the bottom is Dewi Morris, Stuart Barnes and Will Greenwood's Lion's XV.

3 different scrum halfs. Jamie Roberts on the wing for 2 of them.
Quins winning in the physical battle. Turner-Hall is such a beast! :eek:
well, at least im on target for the leinster game...
Well, the worst side won that game without a doubt. Turner-Hall for England though! :awesome:
Some very very bad refereeing and linesmaning. That last pass to tiesi was forwards by a good meter and the linesman was right beside it....
Rubbish from the refs!

I love the way Contepomi got yellow carded for that 'late challenge'. Obviously he is Superman - he can manipulate himself in mid air to get in the way of someone else!

WTF was Brian O'Driscoll doing on the pitch for the full 80!? He hurt his shoulder and I spent the rest of the game hiding behind a cushion. Nearly got knocked out and Turner-Hall was trying to run over him at every moment! Munster are going to go out of their way to end his tour...

Kearney sucks. Murphy for the Lions. Congratulations - you can kick the ball up in the air. Woop woop...

Danny Care is useless. The amount of times he ignored the ball at the back of the ruck... the Leinster back row was dominant! Elsom was great.

Loved Nick Evans's obvious blood injury though...:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest