The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

harry5069
How about Jason White, he would probably get into most of the international teams at the moment.

Probably not RIGHT now, as he's b*ggered his cruciate ligament for 6-9 months...
Reply 581
alasdair_R
Probably not RIGHT now, as he's b*ggered his cruciate ligament for 6-9 months...

Well yeah, I don't think there's ANYBODY that could play rugby in his state at the moment, was just thinking through the Scotland team and he was the only person that came to mind.

I'll change my last comment then, a fit Jason White would make it into nearly any international team in the world.
alasdair_R
Oh dear - not a single mention of Scotland in that article...

Which is actually a wee bit unfair. Chris Patterson is probably in the running for full-back...

Latham is the best 15 without a doubt, with Muiliana following on after him.
Reply 583
harry5069
Did you stay right to the end Ethereal, or were you one of the many that left early? Is it any better with the new stand in, an even better experience?

Stayed til the end. Was sat right at the front of the upper tier in the south stand. Was ****ing awesome! No idea if it has made it a better experience, it's the first time I've been.
yawn
Good - at least they are not invincible. Thanks for the info. :smile:

But bear in mind that NZ had already wrapped up the Tri Nations by then, so they didn't have much to play for. And they only lost by one point. And their last loss before that was in August 2005. And they seem to be getting better and better... :eek:
Reply 585
god yeah, the Abs are awsome! Usually when you're watching a team get hammered it gets dull after a while, but they just play with such charisma it never gets boring. The Haka in the changing room thingy was a bit rubbish though. And they go to such chavvy clubs when they go out. (Soz, local reference. I'm just sick of sitting in lectures hearing some chavs excitedly discussing how they think they saw a rugby player in such and such club. They probs wouldn't know them from Adam, let alone appreciate the significance that seeing these people holds for true rugby fans. They just wanna get laid...) Soz, I'm not bitter at all. Noooo...... :p:
omlette
god yeah, the Abs are awsome! Usually when you're watching a team get hammered it gets dull after a while, but they just play with such charisma it never gets boring. The Haka in the changing room thingy was a bit rubbish though. And they go to such chavvy clubs when they go out. (Soz, local reference. I'm just sick of sitting in lectures hearing some chavs excitedly discussing how they think they saw a rugby player in such and such club. They probs wouldn't know them from Adam, let alone appreciate the significance that seeing these people holds for true rugby fans. They just wanna get laid...) Soz, I'm not bitter at all. Noooo...... :p:

Charisma is the word I'd use too.

And as for the second part, I know some people who were planning their night out on Saturday based on where they expected to find rugby players as well!
dragon_1706
Charisma is the word I'd use too.

And as for the second part, I know some people who were planning their night out on Saturday based on where they expected to find rugby players as well!

Where's that then?
Reply 588
Err, in cardiff it's usually tiger tiger, but i heard reports that the non-playing ABs were in walkabout on thursday.
omlette
Err, in cardiff it's usually tiger tiger, but i heard reports that the non-playing ABs were in walkabout on thursday.

That's certainly where my friends were heading!
Good riddence
Reply 592
I love this ...

Prop's Testimony to a Back

Son, in this world there are scrums. And in those scrums you need props. Are you willing to do it? As a prop, I have more responsibility than you can ever fathom.

You use words like "drunk" and "out of shape"; those words are the very backbone of a life I spent drinking and partying in, and you use them as a punchline.

You weep for your wings and centers, and curse the prop forward. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of knowing that the front row, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins these games you play.

Truth? You can't handle the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about in your selection meetings, you want me in that scrum; you need me in that scrum.

I neither have the time nor inclination to explain myself to a back who scores on the very blanket of ball retention that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just bought me a beer and went on your way.

Otherwise, I suggest you crawl into that scrum and get dirty. Either way, I don't give a damn who you think is responsible.
Reply 593
Haha, great post :biggrin:

And hooray to Robinson leaving, it's about time. But now who to replace?
Reply 594
ooh, who indeedy? All I have to say is England: keep your paws of our Deano!!!!

Unfortunately for us, Dean Richards is certainly a possibility. And unfortunately for silens, glaws' Dean Ryan is in the frame too. Shame Martin Johnson's out of the game, I think he'd'a been a good'un.
omlette

Unfortunately for us, Dean Richards is certainly a possibility. And unfortunately for silens, glaws' Dean Ryan is in the frame too. Shame Martin Johnson's out of the game, I think he'd'a been a good'un.

Who, in their right minds, would take the job?
I'm starting to play rugby again next week, I haven't played for a couple of years(since I was 13/14) and so haven't done kicking/etc before, not that fit either as haven't played organised sport since last year, any advice? :/
Reply 597
Man With No Name
Who, in their right minds, would take the job?

Any true Englishman?
omlette

Has he done any coaching, or do people just assume he'd be good because he was such a good player? Just strikes me that the two don't necessarily go together.
Reply 599
As has been repeatedly said - England need a manager, not a coach.

Quick Reply

Latest