The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

silens_fatuus
Can it not just stay up?
It's an active thread.

'Course it's active, anything with two Glaws supporters in it has to be pretty lively (C'mon Glaws)

Btw, I reckon Barf wuz robbed; if that try had been allowed we would be top of the Premiership by now with a game in hand. A game (at home v Newcastle) that we really, really should win.
Ourkid
Is this a countries only RU soc? Any London Irish fans out there? Beat wasps today 16-13 :biggrin:

Anybody see Leguizamon's blunder? I missed the game today as I spent all of it rushing up and down the A406, but heard it was one of blunders of the year.

Ourkid

I got sent this by a friend of mine. Leguizamon's try
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1914XF8afo
silens_fatuus
I got sent this by a friend of mine. Leguizamon's try
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1914XF8afo

Oh, now that's quality. He must have spent hours practicing that:biggrin:
kingsholmmad
'Course it's active, anything with two Glaws supporters in it has to be pretty lively (C'mon Glaws)

Btw, I reckon Barf wuz robbed; if that try had been allowed we would be top of the Premiership by now with a game in hand. A game (at home v Newcastle) that we really, really should win.

Haha fingers crossed for Saturday, I booked the evenings off work and Sun morning so I can celebrate :biggrin:

I didn't see any of the Barf came but probably! "Same old Leicester, Always Cheating :p:
silens_fatuus
I didn't see any of the Barf came but probably! "Same old Leicester, Always Cheating :p:

Yup, same old, same old.
Sale are sinking in the league. I havent seen them in ages. I dont really have a team but as there ground is like a 30 minute drive it should be them. I prefer international rugby.

Its the EDF cup semifinals this weekend isnt it.

Is that like the FA Cup in Rugby, im confused. AS i thought that was the challenge cup, or is it the same thing. Argh!! So confusuing.

Not been on this page in ages. I always lose the link.
Reply 1106
Leeds are looking like going back up though :biggrin:

I was at Welford Road last weekend to watch the Tigers v Bath 1996 cup match re-run for Leon Lloyd's benefit year! All the oldboys were there. Quality!
Katy200
Sale are sinking in the league. I havent seen them in ages. I dont really have a team but as there ground is like a 30 minute drive it should be them. I prefer international rugby.

Is that like the FA Cup in Rugby, im confused. AS i thought that was the challenge cup, or is it the same thing. Argh!! So confusuing.

Not been on this page in ages. I always lose the link.

The EDF Cup is an Anglo-Welsh competition - the semi-finals are Sale v Leicester and Ospreys v Cardiff Blues. I'd been hoping to go, as both matches are being played in Cardiff, but unfortunately I can't now. :frown:
Anyone else get really annoyed at the fact that Northampton are in the HC-SF? I know they're not going to go any further but still annoys me.
silens_fatuus
Anyone else get really annoyed at the fact that Northampton are in the HC-SF? I know they're not going to go any further but still annoys me.

I wouldn't say I'm specifically annoyed about Northampton, but I didn't like the way the groups weren't seeded, as it made a bit of a joke of the 1/4 final places for the highest runners up.
dragon_1706
I wouldn't say I'm specifically annoyed about Northampton, but I didn't like the way the groups weren't seeded, as it made a bit of a joke of the 1/4 final places for the highest runners up.

I'm specifically annoyed that it isn't Gloucester but, since we didn't turn up for our first two group games, I can't really complain.

Is that like the FA Cup in Rugby, im confused.

As for the EDF, I wish they'd bin it. If we've got to have another cup competition, I'd rather we had something like the FA Cup where teams from the lower divisions get to play Premiership teams
kingsholmmad
As for the EDF, I wish they'd bin it. If we've got to have another cup competition, I'd rather we had something like the FA Cup where teams from the lower divisions get to play Premiership teams

Would the Premiership teams be interested in that though?
silens_fatuus

I'm not - if they weren't, I wouldn't be getting to go to San Sebastian for it! :biggrin:
Reply 1113
James Hook is awesome, and I hate calling anything that isnt Jonny Wilkinson awesome.
Another brilliant game by Hook. Had to laugh at Jeremy "I am important because I say so" Guscott saying that the English semi would show the Welsh what rugby is all about. Had to swallow his words when Leicester and Sale played a dire first half and an ordinary second half to be followed by a breathless, fascinating second semi between the Ospreys and the Blues.
Consie
James Hook is awesome, and I hate calling anything that isnt Jonny Wilkinson awesome.

Jonny had a 'mare yesterday. Missed quite a lot of kicks and tackles!
Reply 1116
hey, i might admit other people are good, but i wouldnt dare bad mouth our lord Wilkinson. Get on your knees and repent before you are smited for impiety!
Nope :p:
Was also turned inside out by our wee fly-half Lamb :smile:
silens_fatuus
Jonny had a 'mare yesterday. Missed quite a lot of kicks and tackles!

And speaking as a Shedhead, aren't you glad that he did? But why, oh why must we keep scoring three tries and miss out on the bonus point? Still, we're top with less BPs than anyone but Oirish and more familiarity with the offside law than Less-stir. I think Tigers' plan is to start every match about a yard offside so the ref sort of auto-adjusts to not noticing which means they can get away with it for the rest of the match. I mean it's worked for them for years. I'm so glad that I support a team of decent, honest, upstanding gentlemen whose interest is more in taking part than in winning:wink:
Oh yes. I did!
What did you think of the ridiculous announcement of respect for the kickers? Every other kicker gets "Eh-haw"ed why shouldn't Wilko?
Just starting to de-frost from the A game up at Hartpury.

We just seem to get to 3 and then stop. Maybe someone should tell them that its 4 for a BP?

Quick Reply

Latest