The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4800
Hi there

Just wanted to ask a quick question to the offer holders (congratulations by the way)

I got 10 A*s and 2 As in my GCSEs and I just finished my AS exams and would get my results soon (fingers crossed). I just want to know if I have a chance of getting into barts and london if my AS grades are like: AABB or AAAB.

Thanks
Reply 4801
Original post by Rammiejimjams
Yeah, I emailed them this is what they replied...

We will re send the email with the pre enrolment verification form in due course.

We apologise for the concern that this technical problem may have caused to you.

Regard,
Admissions Team

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drhaj
Hi there

Just wanted to ask a quick question to the offer holders (congratulations by the way)

I got 10 A*s and 2 As in my GCSEs and I just finished my AS exams and would get my results soon (fingers crossed). I just want to know if I have a chance of getting into barts and london if my AS grades are like: AABB or AAAB.

Thanks

GCSE grades are irrelevant providing you meet the miniumum requirements which you do. If you do some research into the Barts admissions proceedure, you would realise they look at UKCAT scored and predicted/achieved UCAS tariff. Information on the standard of these neccesary are found on the OP. AFAIK AS grades are pretty irrelevant as long as your predictions aren't totally unrealistic as would be the cas ein any med school.
Reply 4803
Original post by AspiringGenius
GCSE grades are irrelevant providing you meet the miniumum requirements which you do. If you do some research into the Barts admissions proceedure, you would realise they look at UKCAT scored and predicted/achieved UCAS tariff. Information on the standard of these neccesary are found on the OP. AFAIK AS grades are pretty irrelevant as long as your predictions aren't totally unrealistic as would be the cas ein any med school.

Oh okays thank you :smile:
Hey guys! Has anyone tried to pay for the crb yet? (you can only do this after showing your ID at the drop-in session) It's asking for a student ID number but we don't have one yet and the application reference number isn't working either...xxx
FYI someones got back to me on the FB page saying they had the same issue so seems like a common problem
Reply 4806
Heyy...im kinda confused. This is what barts said in one of the emails they sent me.
"You will have already presented in person your selected ID documents to a member of the Student Recruitment and Admissions Office.* You are now required to complete your online DBS application form.* You will receive a separate email with a username and password to access the link and complete your application form."

but I haven't actually attended a drop in session yet or presented any ID documents???

Also, they said in one of their emails that you can only complete the DBS form and make the payment after becoming unconditional firm, but people seem to have already done it?
Reply 4807
Original post by Fahimul
I think they send out a bulk email so they didn't have to email everyone individually.

And some people may have already done the DBS as they may have an unconditional offer (e.g. people who had gap years) .

ohh ok. Thanks :smile:
hey guys, i want to take a gap year and was wondering do i have to register with UCAS again?

Can you please help me, im really confused.
Hi guys
I'm going on holiday next week :smile:
When is the deadline for the crb stuff just in case I need to do it all before
Hey all - congratulations to everyone with offers, and I hope that those without offers don't give up on a career in medicine!! Just a quick question from a potential 2015 applicant - are Barts big on extra curricular activities like sport and musical instruments? I don't play an instrument, and I only play casual sport...nothing for the county or anything like that so am a bit wary of applying to certain universities. For example, Edinburgh and Bristol are probably already written off for me! :smile:
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Hey all - congratulations to everyone with offers, and I hope that those without offers don't give up on a career in medicine!! Just a quick question from a potential 2015 applicant - are Barts big on extra curricular activities like sport and musical instruments? I don't play an instrument, and I only play casual sport...nothing for the county or anything like that so am a bit wary of applying to certain universities. For example, Edinburgh and Bristol are probably already written off for me! :smile:

I don't play an instrument/play sport for a county and I've got an offer this year, so it can't be essential.
Original post by sweetcheeks2809
I don't play an instrument/play sport for a county and I've got an offer this year, so it can't be essential.

Ok, thank you - that's quite reassuring and congrats on your offer!! How much extra curricular stuff did you have, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 4813

Hey. I don't do much sport and I got an offer. I played netball in college and a bit casually in my first year of uni, then gym occasionally that's about it. And I don't play any musical instrument
Original post by awkwardd
Hey. I don't do much sport and I got an offer. I played netball in college and a bit casually in my first year of uni, then gym occasionally that's about it. And I don't play any musical instrument

Ok, thank you! Will hopefully take something up when I start college :smile:
Ok, thank you - that's quite reassuring and congrats on your offer!! How much extra curricular stuff did you have, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

I figure skate for a hobby, and talked about socializing with friends in my free time.
Things I did at my school that i mentioned was helping year 7s with maths & assisting a math teacher with a particular class. I was a prefect. All the sorta things that are probably available at your school/college.
Out of school, I'm a first aider with St Johns & volunteer at a summer childrens play scheme, Then i did quite a bit of work experience too. :-)
Reply 4816
Original post by cheesypuff
hey guys, i want to take a gap year and was wondering do i have to register with UCAS again?

Can you please help me, im really confused.

yes, you can only apply through ucas
Original post by sweetcheeks2809
I figure skate for a hobby, and talked about socializing with friends in my free time.
Things I did at my school that i mentioned was helping year 7s with maths & assisting a math teacher with a particular class. I was a prefect. All the sorta things that are probably available at your school/college.
Out of school, I'm a first aider with St Johns & volunteer at a summer childrens play scheme, Then i did quite a bit of work experience too. :-)

Cool - sounds like a reasonable amount but not a massive list like some I've seen on here - that's pretty reassuring! When I start college I'm going to try and get on the student council if they have one, and try and get involved with organising events etc. I currently volunteer at my local library, and next month will start volunteering at a care home...I also hope to get some shadowing with a GP if I eventually get anyone to listen to me, and it's quite likely I'll get 2 or 3 weeks in various departments of different hospitals. I also play badminton for a hobby, and go to lots of gigs of my favourite band - yes I'm a bit of a crazy fan :colondollar: (although I'm not sure I could get away with mentioning the gigs on my PS :tongue: ).

I can't really think of anything else that I could do...I looked into doing first aid volunteering with the Red Cross but there's nothing advertised for near me which is pretty annoying. Just hoping that what I can get will be enough! :s-smilie:
Reply 4818
Hey all. On the pre enrolment verication form do we have to list all our GCSE subjects and grades?
Original post by tabz18
Hey all. On the pre enrolment verication form do we have to list all our GCSE subjects and grades?

Yes and also bring your certificates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending