The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 07/08/2012

Two and a half weeks to go guys...

Been waiting for someone to start this thread so here it is. If its a bit early then sorry

How's everyone feeling about results day, what subjects are you waiting for, what results would you be happy with?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im doing a-levels gettin our results on 16th August. How you feeling?
Reply 2
I'm pretty anxious to be honest. I sat higher English, Maths, History, Physics and RMPS and really I'm hoping for five A's, though I'd be perfectly happy with one B. worst case scenario I THINK could be two B's. I wasn't particularly confident about English in the first place but the history exam didn't go well for me on top of that, even though I was sorta confident for it. Anyway, it's a scary two and a half weeks.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Why the neg?
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm quite good about it, I did Higher Maths,Computing,Biology,Chemistry and Int.2 English and I'm hoping for AAAAb but I'd be ok with AAAAc since I'll be doing Higher English next year anyway. I feel confident in my Highers but If I get below a C in English I'll be crushed because I won't be able to be a teacher anymore...

I really just want it to be over with!
I was feeling confident back in May but now I'm in panic mode. I'm hoping for at least B's but I've this horrible feeling it's going to be C's. :sigh: I sat the Int 2 philosophy and Higher media studies exams (was taking more classes at the start of the year, but because of certain problems had to drop French & Spanish).

I'm just glad my HNC offer is unconditional. :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
As the day gets closer I seem to be getting more confident, which is kind of strange and the complete opposite of last year. I sat H English, H German, H Media, H Psychology and H Info. Systems and I'm hoping for either AAAA and B in Info or AAA and B for Info and German
Reply 6
I was hoping for AAA11112 but the closer it gets to the result day I think I might get something like AAB11222
Reply 7
Really haven't thought about results day at all this year. Need A1A1A2 at AH maths, phys, chem for firm, and AAA for back up uni, so fingers crossed!
Eight 1s. Please. :frown:
I sat Higher Business Management, Fashion & Textiles Technology, History and Photography.

Hoping for BABB but probably got CBCC.
I was really confident for history but the exam went really badly, totally wasn't what I was expecting from it and business management was just such a draining, boring exam which meant about half way through I kept having to fight off the urge to give up.

Need BB for my firm and B for my insurance choice.
(edited 11 years ago)
I sat English, Maths, Human Biology, Chemistry and Computing (all higher)
I am really hoping for AAAAB, but at the very least I will accept AABBB, no C's would be fantastic but I think I might have a C for English, it's definitely not my strong point.
Ooh this is exciting. Good luck everyone :danceboy:
Well I got eight 1's last year so I'm not overly nervous about results coming through, don't expect to have 5 A's but a pass in everything would be nice :P
Reply 13
A tad worried... I've had sleeping pills from mid July as I have some sleeping problems - I keep going through all scenarios. Did Higher in English,Maths,Physics,Computing and History quite confident in computing and history for A's, english I would like an A, physics might scrap an A -mucked up multiple choice- and maths I just want a B:frown:
Reply 14
Did Computing Maths English Modies and Physics. Tbh Maths and Physics went horrible so hoping for ABBC maybe. Would be thrilled with ABB though for uni
Reply 15
I sat higher English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Geography and German. Part of me is wishing the exam results just never come so I can continue wishfully thinking that I've got AAAAAA!! realistically though I'd be happy with AAAABB (B in German and physics) :smile: good luck everyone!
(edited 11 years ago)
I sat Advanced Higher Spanish, English, History and Higher French, Modern Studies, Religious Moral and Philosophical Studies as well as Int 2 Maths (Maths is not my strong point :sigh:).

I'm hoping for ABB in my Advanced Highers, AAA in my Highers and B/C for Maths. However, I seriously doubt that'll happen :lol: Maybe, BCC, ABB and C if I'm lucky. :colondollar:

As long as I get B in either Higher Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies or Modern Studies I'll be happy - my offer at Edinburgh Uni is a B for Modern European Languages (yet to decide on the specific languages :redface:) :fluffy:

In any case, good luck guys and I wish everyone the best! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Quick-use
I sat Advanced Higher Spanish, English, History and Higher French, Modern Studies, Religious Moral and Philosophical Studies as well as Int 2 Maths (Maths is not my strong point :sigh:).

I'm hoping for ABB in my Advanced Highers, AAA in my Highers and B/C for Maths. However, I seriously doubt that'll happen :lol: Maybe, BCC, ABB and C if I'm lucky. :colondollar:

As long as I get B in either Higher Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies or Modern Studies I'll be happy - my offer at Edinburgh Uni is a B for Modern European Languages (yet to decide on the specific languages :redface:) :fluffy:

In any case, good luck guys and I wish everyone the best! :smile:

7 subjects :eek:, how did you manage? I struggled with 5. lol
Original post by nerd434
I'm awaiting my Standard Grade/Intermediate 2 results. I sat two exams last year so thankfully this isn't a completely new experience to me. Surprisingly, I'm not feeling too nervous about it.

I'd be over the moon if I achieved AA111111 but realistically, I think I've achieved A1111B22. I'd still be happy with those grades nevertheless.

Good luck to everyone else. I hope you achieve the grades you require!

What on earth are those Bs and 2s in? You always seem really smart on here :smile: This is a completely new experience to me, except I sat all my exams a year earlier so it was a bit like getting thrown in at the deep end.

Original post by Kerrias
what subjects are you waiting for, what results would you be happy with?

Standard grades in Art and Design, Chemistry, English, Graphic Communication, Maths, Modern Studies, Physics and Spanish.

I'm hoping for eight 1s tbh, I want to study medicine or dentistry but as I said before I'm only fourteen and I just left third year where I sat all my exams! So it's been a new learning experience having to study so much and being under so much pressure. But I think I've done well. The only concern I have is that I might have got a 2 for modern studies, which would kill me since I got 72/72 in the prelim :frown: However, if I do I should always get a good appeal.

I don't mind getting a 2 for Art or Graphics, but if I get one for anything else, or I get less than seven 1s and a 2 I'll be disappointed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending