The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

'Beethoven - 14. Streichquartett, Sechster Satz' :adore:
Original post by PurpleEyes
And I you :smile: Gaslight are one of the best bands around at the moment. They make me feel all angsty and better about myself at the same time haha :colondollar:

Ahh, yes. Sit back, listen to The '59 Sound and go on one hell of a 40-odd minute journey. I liked it when I first listened to it but their new album is growing on me more and more.
You sound worryingly vicious. :smile:

Hell no, I'm a lovely person :tongue: It was just about a lass I gave a decent amount of emotion and energy and time to and received none in return, so I'd rather avoid posting anything she might construe to be about her.
Original post by spiral87
It was just about a lass I gave a decent amount of emotion and energy and time to and received none in return.

That was your own fault, learn to play the field otherwise you will end up alone after wasting time with all the wrong women.
Original post by TheMagicRat
Ahh, yes. Sit back, listen to The '59 Sound and go on one hell of a 40-odd minute journey. I liked it when I first listened to it but their new album is growing on me more and more.

45 makes me smile - Brian's voice though! It's one of the most beautiful things I ever heard :^_^:

What other bands are you into? :smile:
Hell no, I'm a lovely person :tongue: It was just about a lass I gave a decent amount of emotion and energy and time to and received none in return, so I'd rather avoid posting anything she might construe to be about her.

Ohhh :s-smilie: yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

Pah, women. Just awful, aren't they? :rolleyes:
Original post by tehFrance
That was your own fault, learn to play the field otherwise you will end up alone after wasting time with all the wrong women.

Educate me in your ways, wise one.

Ohhh :s-smilie: yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

Pah, women. Just awful, aren't they? :rolleyes:

I've not encountered any decent ones tbf.
45 makes me smile - Brian's voice though! It's one of the most beautiful things I ever heard :^_^:

What other bands are you into? :smile:

I think 'Too Much Blood' is my favourite song off the new album at the moment.

Erm... Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, Sigur Ros, Depeche Mode, Iron Maiden, Seth Lakeman, The Clash, Cat Stevens, Dire Straits. Obviously there are more artists I'm into but I think that's a good cross section of the different kinds of things I like.

You?
Educate me in your ways, wise one.

Pre-drink with friends

Club

Pull various random women

Go home with one (or two if they are up for a threesome)

????

Profit

Although I also try and pull while I am shopping, at a café, anywhere. Confidence is needed.

Pre-drink with friends

Club

Pull various random women

Go home with one (or two if they are up for a threesome)

????

Profit

Although I also try and pull while I am shopping, at a café, anywhere. Confidence is needed.

You lost me at #2.
You lost me at #2.

Oh I thought I would of lost you at #0....
Oh I thought I would of lost you at #0....

You underestimate me...I found some fellow weirdos and now have some mates that are just like me. Sad to say, but it seems that looking awesome is your best chance of finding someone. That's the only way you're gonna pull someone in clubs, unless you want to carry around one of those electronic signs you see in doctors' surgeries where you can write your own messages.
(edited 11 years ago)

Erm... Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, Sigur Ros, Depeche Mode, Iron Maiden, Seth Lakeman, The Clash, Cat Stevens, Dire Straits. Obviously there are more artists I'm into but I think that's a good cross section of the different kinds of things I like.

You?

Ooooohhh Johnny Cash! :adore: The world will never have another man like him. And Dire Straits have a few crackers :smile:

The Airborne Toxic Event (obviously), Editors, Maximo Park, some Raveonettes & the Kills stuff, and I'm also weirdly a fan of a German band called Wir Sind Helden... And he might be a bit of a douche, but I also really like Jack White's new album :colondollar:

You?

I accidentally stumbled across this the other day and liked it. They sound a bit ropey when trying to harmonise, but their voices individually are quite amazing. It's sad that all three of them are now gone.

Ooooohhh Johnny Cash! :adore: The world will never have another man like him. And Dire Straits have a few crackers :smile:

The Airborne Toxic Event (obviously), Editors, Maximo Park, some Raveonettes & the Kills stuff, and I'm also weirdly a fan of a German band called Wir Sind Helden... And he might be a bit of a douche, but I also really like Jack White's new album :colondollar:

I've heard a few Airborne Toxic Event songs and I like them. I like Editors though I wasn't keen on their last album. Not heard Jack White's new album. I'm not sure how popular an opinion this is but I'll say it anyway. I prefer The Raconteurs to The White Stripes.

I accidentally stumbled across this the other day and liked it. They sound a bit ropey when trying to harmonise, but their voices individually are quite amazing. It's sad that all three of them are now gone.

PRSOM

When you listed the things you liked the other day you mentioned country. I was wondering what kind. With a couple of exceptions modern mainstream country doesn't do much for me but I love the old stuff like this:

You underestimate me...I found some fellow weirdos and now have some mates that are just like me. Sad to say, but it seems that looking awesome is your best chance of finding someone. That's the only way you're gonna pull someone in clubs, unless you want to carry around one of those electronic signs you see in doctors' surgeries where you can write your own messages.

As a female, people trying to 'pull' you in clubs is in itself a huge turn-off when all you want to do is have a nice dance with your friends. However, the trick is to start throwing some awesome shapes nearish the girl you like. This will gain her attention :smile: then dance nearer & offer her a drink. Just don't go trying to grab some ass or anything, it's not normally appreciated.

That made me really sad :frown:
As a female, people trying to 'pull' you in clubs is in itself a huge turn-off when all you want to do is have a nice dance with your friends. However, the trick is to start throwing some awesome shapes nearish the girl you like. This will gain her attention :smile: then dance nearer & offer her a drink. Just don't go trying to grab some ass or anything, it's not normally appreciated.

Well, that's me done for. I don't think I've ever thrown a decent shape, let alone an awesome one.
When you listed the things you liked the other day you mentioned country. I was wondering what kind. With a couple of exceptions modern mainstream country doesn't do much for me but I love the old stuff like this:

I've never heard of that guy, but yeah, it's not bad at all. I listen to very very little country, but this is what I might listen to...First one is my favourite by far:

I don't 'do' clubbing unfortunately. I prefer to meet girls in a more traditional way, through friends of friends, or through some common interest. I met the last lass at a gig and I'm sure if I keep going to gigs and pluck up the courage to approach randoms without seeming creepy, I'll meet someone eventually.

That made me really sad :frown:

:hugs:
Well, that's me done for. I don't think I've ever thrown a decent shape, let alone an awesome one.

N'aw, bet you have! Doesn't really matter what you look like anyway - dancing happily away like a complete fool is better than that leery grinding some men insist on :ahhhhh:

ATE are practically my life. Seen 'em live twice, met, jumped on and nearly got thrown out but it was sooo worth it :biggrin: and tbh I'm not such a fan of the Stripes. Some people kept saying Meg and Jack were brother and sister, others said they were doin' it - it freaked me out and I never got into them :s-smilie:

Latest