The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

First crush?

Reply 7981
Original post by Colonel.
First crush?

My brother used to love her when he was about 11. That programme is still on I was surprised to learn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7982
Original post by spiral87
Very briefly, it was the girl from The Journey Of Allen Strange. Then it was Sarah Michelle Gellar. Then Jennifer Love Hewitt.

I knew a fair lads who liked Sarah Michelle Gellar back when Buffy used to be on.

I feel a bit old now saying it was Marti Pellow I was only 4 at the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam
I feel a bit old now saying it was Marti Pellow I was only 4 at the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I saw him at the theatre in January, as he plays the Narrator in Blood Brothers, and does a really good job of it as well :yep:
Original post by Colonel.
First crush?

How old does she look these days anyway?
Reply 7985
Thinking maybe a 4 year olds crush didn't count I've decided to share two men I had massive crushes on at 12/13.
uploadfromtaptalk1355785172543.jpg
Went to see Titanic at the pics 3 times because of him.

uploadfromtaptalk1355785254201.jpg
Jason McAteer, former Liverpool and Ireland player. Had a cheesey shampoo ad. Actually doesn't come far from mine and I saw him in a pub once, he touched my arm and said "excuse me love" to get past me. 13 year old me would've been made up, however 21 year old me wasn't botherd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7986
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I saw him at the theatre in January, as he plays the Narrator in Blood Brothers, and does a really good job of it as well :yep:

Heard he's a good actor. Did you enjoy Blood Brothers? I've seen it a few times, good play but a tear jerker!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7987
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
How old does she look these days anyway?

uploadfromtaptalk1355786181889.jpg

She looks younger than her age I think (born 1976).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam
Heard he's a good actor. Did you enjoy Blood Brothers? I've seen it a few times, good play but a tear jerker!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I really loved it! Plenty of its sad, funny and happy moments :yep:. I hadn't even heard of it before I got given a free theatre ticket from a volunteering thing I was doing and just randomly picked that play off a list. Good choice eh :biggrin:
Reply 7989
OK all you single folk, help me out here.

There's this girl at Uni. I'm in a one of her lectures, we've never spoken but we always smile at each other whenever we see each other around campus. I think she is drop dead gorgeous and would love to get to know her but I imagine she is just being friendly. However, 'cos I'm a bit of an idiot, when I was really drunk I added her on Facebook (stuff like this always happens when I've had a few) and she accepted.

I fear she now thinks ''what a freak, he's never even spoken to me and he's adding me on Facebook''. I should have spoken to her in person, got to know her and what not but now I'm stuck - have her thinking I'm some weirdo that found her profile with no intention of ever speaking to her or strike up a conversation on chat - how on earth do you do that with someone you don't know?! But I fear I have left it too late considering this happened on Thursday. I played this all wrong.
Reply 7990
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Yeah, I really loved it! Plenty of its sad, funny and happy moments :yep:. I hadn't even heard of it before I got given a free theatre ticket from a volunteering thing I was doing and just randomly picked that play off a list. Good choice eh :biggrin:

Every time I've seen it I always cry at the end and when she has to decide which one to give away. :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ashamed to admit I think my first crush was Britney Spears :lol:
Reply 7992
Original post by SciFiRory
ashamed to admit I think my first crush was Britney Spears :lol:

That's not bad. I was told I looked like her a few times back in the day when I was blonde :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7993
Original post by gemmam
That's not bad. I was told I looked like her a few times back in the day when I was blonde :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

me too now days and also barbie, and Taylor swift, but I don't think I look anything like any of them lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by gemmam

Posted from TSR Mobile

:teehee: the funny thing is that I can't stand her now, I think I also had a thing when I was like 9 for Misty off the Pokemon anime :rofl: always had a weakness for redheads :colondollar:
Reply 7995
Original post by Elle333
me too now days and also barbie, and Taylor swift, but I don't think I look anything like any of them lol

I don't think I look anything like Britney, think it cause we were both blonde and had brown eyes really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7996
Original post by SciFiRory
:teehee: the funny thing is that I can't stand her now, I think I also had a thing when I was like 9 for Misty off the Pokemon anime :rofl: always had a weakness for redheads :colondollar:

I knew a girl who liked Brock, no joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7997
Original post by gemmam
I don't think I look anything like Britney, think it cause we were both blonde and had brown eyes really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I think I get told I look like them just because I'm blonde lol, and I have Barbies hair apparently, people in school and even some of my teachers call me barbie. lol

Original post by gemmam
I knew a girl who liked Brock, no joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

she had no eyes? :tongue:

Pokemon literally made my childhood worthwhile lol

also, there is something immensely satisfying about being over 18 and being able to just laugh in my head at the age warnings on age restricted shows I watch on BBC iPlayer and 4oD
Original post by Dorito
OK all you single folk, help me out here.

There's this girl at Uni. I'm in a one of her lectures, we've never spoken but we always smile at each other whenever we see each other around campus. I think she is drop dead gorgeous and would love to get to know her but I imagine she is just being friendly. However, 'cos I'm a bit of an idiot, when I was really drunk I added her on Facebook (stuff like this always happens when I've had a few) and she accepted.

I fear she now thinks ''what a freak, he's never even spoken to me and he's adding me on Facebook''. I should have spoken to her in person, got to know her and what not but now I'm stuck - have her thinking I'm some weirdo that found her profile with no intention of ever speaking to her or strike up a conversation on chat - how on earth do you do that with someone you don't know?! But I fear I have left it too late considering this happened on Thursday. I played this all wrong.

You've left it too late. Strike up conversation with her ASAP, whether it be Facebook or in person. If Facebook, it's tougher, but still a manageable situation.

Latest