The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2013

Hello everyone! I am applying for pharmacy this autumn ,who else plans to ? I am sure of Nottingham and Reading.....D rest r a mystery to me :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

I'm hoping to depending on AS grades
Next year... Depends on my AS grades, isnt pharmacy going down though?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by CosmicVengeance
Next year... Depends on my AS grades, isnt pharmacy going down though?

What do you mean by going down ??
Original post by Bluebutterfly
What do you mean by going down ??

Like theres so many people particularly South Asians like me who all thought "Pharmacy is good money and its not too hard to get into" so im a bit doubtful that maybe i might not become a pharmacist as all jobs are taken due to excess pharmacists ?

Original post by CosmicVengeance
Like theres so many people particularly South Asians like me who all thought "Pharmacy is good money and its not too hard to get into" so im a bit doubtful that maybe i might not become a pharmacist as all jobs are taken due to excess pharmacists ?

I'm a bit doubtful that I will get a place too because it is very competitive and the entry requirements increase each year.
Reply 6
There are more unis offering pharmacy dis yr...Birmingham and Durham . In places like the US and Canada ,pharmacy is still hot cake tho. I just hope I am predicted sensible grades cuz i really want to go to Nottingham
Original post by Bluebutterfly
I'm a bit doubtful that I will get a place too because it is very competitive and the entry requirements increase each year.

Im going to apply for the foundation Course too...

Reply 8
Original post by neldee95
Hello everyone! I am applying for pharmacy this autumn ,who else plans to ? I am sure of Nottingham and Reading.....D rest r a mystery to me :s-smilie:

I plan to apply for pharmacy at Nottingham this year! But if my results are bad I will just cry
Reply 9
Keep this thread going please, it's really interesting!
I am guessing u guys can also apply for the new pharmacy schools opening in university of durham, lincoln and birmingham.
Original post by greenlantern
I am guessing u guys can also apply for the new pharmacy schools opening in university of durham, lincoln and birmingham.

Can you link me the sites please ?

Reply 12
Hello! I also want to apply to Pharmacy in UK, I'm from an EU country. I'm thinking about Robert Gordon Uni:biggrin: I've received my prospectus and it all looks really nice.

Also, this will be my second choice because my first choice is medicine in my country, but I'm not sure how that will go.

I've heard that jobs are kind of hard to get and that it is hard to find even a pre-reg spot :-?
Reply 13
Original post by Anz
I plan to apply for pharmacy at Nottingham this year! But if my results are bad I will just cry

Same here!! Hopefully my School would predict sensible grades for me.
What subjects are people in the thread studying at A level?

Bio, Chem and psych. You?
I'm doing CHEM, Bio and Maths..predicted all A's. Have you guys done any work experience?
Reply 16

Chemistry, Biology and either Theology/Philosophy or Maths (or maybe both)

Should be predicted A*AA :smile: x
Reply 17
Original post by narmu_kwonjiyong
I'm doing CHEM, Bio and Maths..predicted all A's. Have you guys done any work experience?

I am studying chemistry,biology and psychology. I did AS Maths. I worked in a catholic charity hospital in africa for 4 weeks last summer. 1 week in the lab,1 week with the nurses and 2 weeks in the Pharmacy. I helped package drugs for HIV patients. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hopefully I would be predicted AAB...B is biology,I hate it :mad:
Reply 18
I am studying chemistry,biology and psychology. I did AS Maths. I worked in a catholic charity hospital in africa for 4 weeks last summer. 1 week in the lab,1 week with the nurses and 2 weeks in the Pharmacy. I helped package drugs for HIV patients. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hopefully I would be predicted AAB...B is biology,I hate it :mad:

your work experience sounds so much better than mine, only did a week at lloyds pharmacy :P and random but i do the same subjects as you expect for the maths, what boards were you on for chemistry, biology and psychology ? :smile:
If anyone wants advice on interviews, etc, let me know. I'm a 2012 applicant as you should see by my signature. I applied to UEA, Nottingham, Bath, Reading and Hertfordshire!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending