The Student Room Group

Results Day: Check Track before collecting results?

Scroll to see replies

I know I haven't made it into my firm and I am now unwilling to go to my insurance since I have fallen in love with my firm :s-smilie:
I am planning to redo the two exams that ballsed everything up for me since I think he rest went amazing. (which I am very disappointed by because two diabolical exams turned up :mad: ... well for me because they just asked the things I couldn't do) and then do a whole A-level in one year, my college has said I am allowed to return to do this if I achieve ABC and I am 100% certain I have at least achieved that. :smile: So I will not check track because I know it will say and I am only going in to go in to collect my results to try and boost my confidence for next year with a few 90ums exams.
Original post by kirino1
OMG I'm exactly like you. Ive cried for some reason every year and everyone knows I'm an emotional wreck. At least if I check track at home then I can cry in private and go to school acting like nothings wrong. What course and what uni??

hahaha yeah! Philosophy and Psychology at Durham :smile: You??
my school has enabled us to check our actual A-level results online (UMS and all, I think) at 7am on the 16th, which means I'll be aware of my position before Track even updates. it's sort of reassuring but equally as nerve-wracking: nonetheless, I'll definitely be checking my status on both counts as soon as I'm able, or getting a parent to do it for me since I'll no doubt be debilitated by anxiety hahaha
Reply 83
i'm going to get my dad to check it online on track first before i go into school to collect my results. i feel sick now thinking about results, i won't be able to log on, will be too nervous cause i need all A's so i'm beyond stressing :frown:
I'm not going to check between 6 and 8 (it works usually if you have the link saved), because I'll scream if I get in and wake everyone :tongue: I can check from 8am onwards on Track but by that point I need to have set off for my college opening at half past 8, so I'll get results first :tongue:
Reply 85
so nervous about results day,gonna check on track first as takes around an hour for me to get to my college,cant travel that distance not knowing.prob wont even be able to check though,might get my mum to do it! x
Does the university let UCAS know whether they accept you or not, even if you've missed your offer and then Track is changed or does UCAS automatically put unsuccessful if your grades are different to your offer and then you have to call your uni up and see if theyre flexible?
Reply 87
Original post by Neelambri
Does the university let UCAS know whether they accept you or not, even if you've missed your offer and then Track is changed or does UCAS automatically put unsuccessful if your grades are different to your offer and then you have to call your uni up and see if theyre flexible?

i think the university has to send a decision to ucas in order for them to post the decision on track, if they do not send a decision, track will not update. i think :P
Reply 88

Universities receive A level results earlier (the weekend before results day I think) then the admission tutors will go through each application and make decisions on those who may have missed their offers. They then communicate their decisions to UCAS so you could well end up with an unconditional even though you may not have necessarily met the requirements.

As above - but there's also a good chance that track wont show any change if you missed your grades - unis deal with "definites" first (so the people who've completely met their offer or who've missed by miles) - people who've missed by a bit get handled last - quite often they'll want you to ring them, maybe to offer a different course or if you're close to the grade boundary and getting a remark.
Original post by myyrh
Universities receive A level results earlier (the weekend before results day I think) then the admission tutors will go through each application and make decisions on those who may have missed their offers. They then communicate their decisions to UCAS so you could well end up with an unconditional even though you may not have necessarily met the requirements.

Will Track only update on the 16th August or could i find out beforehand if the university reaches its decision on the weekend?
Original post by PQ
As above - but there's also a good chance that track wont show any change if you missed your grades - unis deal with "definites" first (so the people who've completely met their offer or who've missed by miles) - people who've missed by a bit get handled last - quite often they'll want you to ring them, maybe to offer a different course or if you're close to the grade boundary and getting a remark.

ah okay that makes sense thank you!
Original post by Kidneyjean
My school refuses to open any earlier than 10.30am to let us get our results, and they aren't organised enough to set up the online results thing. There is no way I'm waiting until 10.30.

Wow I'm surprised your school doesn't open up earlier. My college opens up at 8am to collect A-Level results.. strange.
Reply 93
I'm 80% sure I got AAB and I'm taking a gap year anyway but for some reason I'm terrified of missing my offer... it's AAA but even if I got it I wouldn't take it... so why am I nervous? aaahhhhhh
100000000000000000% Track first :biggrin:
Will Track only update on the 16th August or could i find out beforehand if the university reaches its decision on the weekend?

Track will be frozen tomorrow night - after then no changes will show on it until results day morning (UCAS say around 8am).
Reply 96
Original post by TheCookieduck
hahaha yeah! Philosophy and Psychology at Durham :smile: You??

Econ at UCL ... I know ive missed their offer but am hoping for atleast AAB so i can find somewhere in clearing.
Reply 97
Good luck everyone, can't believe it's been two years since that was me. For those of you checking Track first, watch out- I remember getting very stressed when it kept crashing.
Original post by kirino1
Econ at UCL ... I know ive missed their offer but am hoping for atleast AAB so i can find somewhere in clearing.

aww well good luck! But you don't know your results until you know them, so fingers crossed you did get in :smile: no idea what to expect for mine, I need three As so we'll see how it goes :/
Reply 99
I can't believe it's so close already, I can still remember how I felt walking out of my last exam over a month ago! :eek:
Will definitely be checking Track, I won't be able to resist. Plus, it makes opening the results even less stressful.
Good luck everyone! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending