The Student Room Group

options for sitting highers?

hi,

I would appreciate if you peeps could give me some advice regarding sitting highers. I am looking to participate in an evening programme. The problem I have is due to various commitments I am unable to attend the days they are running the course.

I would like to register with a college to sit the nabs and external exam, but upon speaking to my local college they would allow me to register for the final exam and not the nabs. To take part in the nabs they would require me to sign up for a course.

In addition to this I am looking to complete four highers in total over two years as I am aware the exam is going to be changed in 2014. The roadblock I hit at this point is that my local college will only allow me to sign up for one higher per year.

Also if I was to access the course(s) at another college through distance learning how would I go about sitting the nabs and final exam? Do any of you have experience of doing this and am I going to be in the same situation trying to see if my local colleges would allow me to register?.

thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by sunshineweather
hi,

I would appreciate if you peeps could give me some advice regarding sitting highers. I am looking to participate in an evening programme. The problem I have is due to various commitments I am unable to attend the days they are running the course.

I would like to register with a college to sit the nabs and external exam, but upon speaking to my local college they would allow me to register for the final exam and not the nabs. To take part in the nabs they would require me to sign up for a course.

In addition to this I am looking to complete four highers in total over two years as I am aware the exam is going to be changed in 2014. The roadblock I hit at this point is that my local college will only allow me to sign up for one higher per year.

Also if I was to access the course(s) at another college through distance learning how would I go about sitting the nabs and final exam? Do any of you have experience of doing this and am I going to be in the same situation trying to see if my local colleges would allow me to register?.

thanks.

I'm doing a distance learning Higher this year through my college, although I am still at school. How we do it is that we're all given a student account on the college system which can be accessed outside of the college and each week the course content we need to read and learn that week is uploaded/made obvious. Then once a month we go in from 9-12 on a saturday for a workshop to go over the work we've done and to see if anyone has any problems :smile:
thanks for the response it would be exactly what I am looking for. What college is this and do you have any suggestions for suitable centres in the Glasgow Edinburgh area?
Reply 3
Original post by sunshineweather
thanks for the response it would be exactly what I am looking for. What college is this and do you have any suggestions for suitable centres in the Glasgow Edinburgh area?

this is a college in Inverness unfortunately, however I think Telford College in Edinburgh might offer something similar? I know someone who studied Higher Politics with them through distance learning last year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending