The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2013 Graduate Program Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cjsfish
Woke up to a fresh rejection from Glencore. Feels good man.

How long did it take for them to get back to you?
Original post by PrincePauper
Saw it now, dont stress, still too early. See this as practice for when the others start opening!

When did you apply and complete your tests by the way?

Ah yeah, I made the immature mistake of getting wound up from my intern apps but definitely not this year - it's a tough process and going to remain positive through out!

I applied on the 6th, completed tests on the 7th, rejected today.
Reply 62
Original post by WallStreetWolf
How long did it take for them to get back to you?

I applied a few days ago.

Prince - Read the job spec pdf they've put up. Seems like it's a couple years to FO.
Original post by cjsfish

Prince - Read the job spec pdf they've put up. Seems like it's a couple years to FO.

Okay thanks. All the best with the next few apps.
Reply 64
Original post by bluenose53
God dammit, UBS rejection post tests. Knew that logic one was iffy. Back to the practice board.

These are usually good preparation for the tests: http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html

They are free and usually longer/tougher than what most companies use.
Reply 65
Saw it now, dont stress, still too early. See this as practice for when the others start opening!

When did you apply and complete your tests by the way?

Ciao.
Is your BarCap application still live?
Original post by effofex
Ciao.
Is your BarCap application still live?

Yo, si sto ancora aspettando. Non so che cazzo vogliono fare con me lol
Original post by cjsfish

Thanks had a good read
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 68
Thanks had a good read, applying for the prestige I guess

One of the lamest things I have ever read on here, you are applying to Glencore for the 'prestige' - Christ grow a pair and gets some passion, you will never get your foot in the door at somewhere like Glencore if you don't give a **** about commodities and hard work and only want to work there for the 'prestige'. Absolute time waster.
Reply 69
Thanks had a good read, applying for the prestige I guess

"Unfortunately, we have had a very high conversion rate from our summer internship class through to graduate positions in 2013 and therefore may have no full-time graduate roles available. "

I never received this email..., che diavolo?
Original post by SW1X
One of the lamest things I have ever read on here, you are applying to Glencore for the 'prestige' - Christ grow a pair and gets some passion, you will never get your foot in the door at somewhere like Glencore if you don't give a **** about commodities and hard work and only want to work there for the 'prestige'. Absolute time waster.

You are correct. Let me just go and withdraw all my applications. Thank you Sir for making me see the light and the error of my ways.

JSA here I come
Original post by effofex
"Unfortunately, we have had a very high conversion rate from our summer internship class through to graduate positions in 2013 and therefore may have no full-time graduate roles available. "

I never received this email..., che diavolo?

E' la risposta a una email chiedendo se la mia applicazione verra' chiusa
Reply 72
Lazard M&A first round , any idea about the case study?
thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ManagerMP
Do you have relevant experience (e.g. SA) for the grad spots you are applying for?

Summer at a hedge fund, 1 week in an equities division at a bank. Experience enough for an interview or two, I would hope. But not enough to jump straight in to an active role without any training, if that's what you mean!
Original post by SW1X

If you believe Freud then everything we do either fulfills the desire for sex or the desire to feel important. Working somewhere "prestigious" is conceivably a means to both of these things, and in that sense it's a perfectly natural form of motivation.

That's not to say it's mutually exclusive to hard work.
Original post by JW
If you believe Freud then everything we do either fulfills the desire for sex or the desire to feel important. Working somewhere "prestigious" is conceivably a means to both of these things, and in that sense it's a perfectly natural form of motivation.

That's not to say it's mutually exclusive to hard work.

No, he is correct. It takes hard work and passion to submit an application. I need to rejoice to the fact that a humble human being like is able to even view the Glencore website on my good for nothing laptop. I need to achieve complete zen. Only when I am one with the markets I shall be successful and mastered the art job seeking.

Kumbaya my friend

As if... passion is not enough these days... I would have been a football player otherwise...
Reply 76
Original post by Tochka
Lazard M&A first round , any idea about the case study?
thanks

There was something about it on WSO.
Reply 77
Original post by cruel3a
There was something about it on WSO.

Thanks I cheked WSO already, what's menrioned there is for the second roud group exercise and presentation...can't find any source for the case study..any idea ? Thanks a lot.
Reply 78
Hi guys

Would really appreciate some advice.

I am an A&F student at the LSE, finished my second year and should be coming out with a first. The only problem is that I have an accounting background (have done two internships at big 4 firms). I have a Big 4 FT offer in audit and will be applying to other Big 4 firms for corp fin/transaction services later on.

Is there any chance of getting an interview at a BB? I know it is very competitive right now as many interns are converting. Is there anything I can do to improve my chances or is it too late?

Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by Krebs
Hi guys

Would really appreciate some advice.

I am an A&F student at the LSE, finished my second year and should be coming out with a first. The only problem is that I have an accounting background (have done two internships at big 4 firms). I have a Big 4 FT offer in audit and will be applying to other Big 4 firms for corp fin/transaction services later on.

Is there any chance of getting an interview at a BB? I know it is very competitive right now as many interns are converting. Is there anything I can do to improve my chances or is it too late?

Thanks

If you are on course for a first and explain your motivations well then you may be able to get some interviews for the full-time level. Bear in mind that dealflow this year is expected to be lower than 2010/2011 so there may not be as many spots available and thus more will be filled by converted interns. I assume you will be applying to IBD positions.

For the bulge-brackets that allow it for final year students, you may want to consider applying for internship positions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending