The Student Room Group

Oxford 2012 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Odiem23
Oh right..well in that case I hope the kitchenette near me is decent :| lol You know we're not allowed to fry stuff apparently :|..Yeah the gym seems cool. One of the main reasons I applied to Balliol was that on the university website it said that the gym at Balliol was free. Then I found out last week that we have to pay for membership...lool :smile:

I don't know about Balliol, but at Catz we're not supposed to either and everyone does. The fire alarm goes off at random times anyway, it doesn't appear to make a difference. I just hope they've fixed the fault that made the doors lock when the alarm was sounding...
Can't believe I only just found this thread!

Anyway, hi again all! :wavey:
How are we all?
Reply 582
I HAVE MY READING LISTS!!!!!! :eek: :party:
Reply 583
Original post by Banoffeepie16
Can't believe I only just found this thread!

Anyway, hi again all! :wavey:
How are we all?

Hi :smile: I only found it a few days ago too! Which college / subject are you?
Reply 584
Original post by Julialala

Yay :biggrin:
Reply 585
Original post by lilyFL
Oh Christmas will probs come really quickly :redface:

Yeah, he seems to be like that in everything - but in a good way!

:redface: yes that was bad. Although to counter that, the first stone angels one was great! And I remember quite recent ones like the vampires and those weird eye space ships episodes being pretty bad! I don't know who produced/ wrote those ones though.

Stone Angels???!!! :O You mean the Weeping Angels? That was Steven Moffat's Blink. It hard Carrie Mulligan in it who is awesome - have you seen An Education?
Hello from germany!!! :hi: Miss you guys :awesome:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 587
Original post by candide
Stone Angels???!!! :O You mean the Weeping Angels? That was Steven Moffat's Blink. It hard Carrie Mulligan in it who is awesome - have you seen An Education?

:eek: aah I got that wrong, that's what I meant. That was his too?? Okay he really is amazing then, and yes that's such a great film!
Original post by Odiem23
Yeah apparently its the same rule at other university halls too..I was thinking that my diet would be so restricted :| and lool oh dear...

Nobody takes any notice, I think my friends would rather be deaned than diddled out of their morning bacon :wink: And you'll probabaly eat a lot in hall anyway, it's a social thing as much as anything.

Lucky you - what's it like?
Original post by Odiem23
Oh right..well in that case I hope the kitchenette near me is decent :| lol You know we're not allowed to fry stuff apparently :|..Yeah the gym seems cool. One of the main reasons I applied to Balliol was that on the university website it said that the gym at Balliol was free. Then I found out last week that we have to pay for membership...lool :smile:

haha, I am a bit of gym freak, so I don't mind paying :smile:
Reply 591
Original post by KingMessi
Lucky you - what's it like?

Not too bad, although some of the books are hard to find or just bloody expensive. But I'll finally have something useful to read. :smile: I do wish I was doing English somewhat, the reading would make so much more sense, ha.
Original post by such_a_lady
Hello from germany!!! :hi: Miss you guys :awesome:

Magdalen are playing on UC and the first person I thought of was you :tongue:
Not too bad, although some of the books are hard to find or just bloody expensive. But I'll finally have something useful to read. :smile: I do wish I was doing English somewhat, the reading would make so much more sense, ha.

Likewise. I was looking on Amazon for a book on Tennyson...£32. :sigh: :lolwut: How long is it?

You don't wish you were doing English; the reading list is evil. :tongue:
Likewise. I was looking on Amazon for a book on Tennyson...£32. :sigh: :lolwut: How long is it?

Gotta love maths, I just have to do the questions in several pdf files :colone:

Well... I say just...

Saving money! (Which will just go on alcohol I suppose.)
Original post by manic_fuzz
Magdalen are playing on UC and the first person I thought of was you :tongue:

:hugs: I missed it :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 596
Original post by lilyFL
:eek: aah I got that wrong, that's what I meant. That was his too?? Okay he really is amazing then, and yes that's such a great film!

I think it was based on a true story too. :O I watched Never Let Me Go the other night and Carrie Mulligan was excellent in that too (lightyears better than Keira Nightley anyway lol). That's a good book too, even if it does sorta put you on a downer... :L

I have 35 textbooks on mine. And every textbook costs like upwards of thirty quid. :frown:

(though I guess the library will have all of them)
Reply 597
Original post by Reminisce
Gotta love maths, I just have to do the questions in several pdf files :colone:

Well... I say just...

Saving money! (Which will just go on alcohol I suppose.)

Hello!

Are these the questions from here: http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/practice-problems ? Just curious!

I have got to go through A Concise Intro to Pure Maths and do one problem sheet of weirdish questions.
Reply 598
Original post by flying_ifan
I have another theory. Remember that near the end he asks Molly for a "favour"? I think he might have calculated that jumping from that height he would have got badly injured but not died, and the favour from molly might have been to switch his body for another in the morgue and let him escape.

I'm sure there's more to it though...

Yeah, Molly's definitely got to have switched him out at some point and, if you're right, hopefully dosed him up on painkillers because that fall would've hurt... a lot!
Reply 599
Original post by candide
I think it was based on a true story too. :O I watched Never Let Me Go the other night and Carrie Mulligan was excellent in that too (lightyears better than Keira Nightley anyway lol). That's a good book too, even if it does sorta put you on a downer... :L

Scary weeping angels based on a true story?? :s-smilie: she's good in everything, even only as a small part like in My Boy Jack :smile: LOVE never let me go, I got a lot of inspiration for my main OU piece from it. And I'm not surprised they didn't show that film in the big cinemas (at least they didn't here) because everyone left it so depressed! I wanted to scream at the characters to RUN AWAY :O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending