The Student Room Group

Oxford 2012 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medbh4805
What have they done :zomg:

I bet you the Facebook Timeline outrage will be nothing compared to the backlash against this :yep:
Original post by such_a_lady
I bet you the Facebook Timeline outrage will be nothing compared to the backlash against this :yep:

indeed, i don't know wtf i'm doing now, it's so different :zomg:

Give it a week and you'll all be used to it, like with Timeline :p:
Original post by Zoedotdot

I'm still not used to timeline :no:
I'm still not used to timeline :no:

I got timeline accidentally in December so when everyone started moaning about it a couple of weeks ago I was like 'errrrrr, there's nothing wrong with it'. Maybe give it six months and you'll be used to it :p:

I was one of the annoying people who signed up for Timeline as soon as it came out :tongue: I really like Timeline :tongue: Change is good!
I was one of the annoying people who signed up for Timeline as soon as it came out :tongue: I really like Timeline :tongue: Change is good!

I like it too :ninja: I really didn't at first, but it actually looks so much nicer than the old way. TSR looks weird now but I use it so much that I think I'll get used to it within a couple of days!
I got timeline accidentally in December so when everyone started moaning about it a couple of weeks ago I was like 'errrrrr, there's nothing wrong with it'. Maybe give it six months and you'll be used to it :p:

I got timeline accidentally very shortly after it came out...
What have they done :zomg:

I quite like this layout, although to be fair I've never really got accustomed to the old one! :biggrin:

Weird job market where you need shelf-stacking experience in order to stack shelves... :s-smilie: that said, a lot of people who get on as Christmas temps find it easier to get more work at the same place, or so I've heard. Good luck, people, anyway...
Reply 789
I think new!TSR looks shiny and awesome! All new gadgets and odd business like that! Change *is* good. :wink:

(And yeah I liked timeline from the start too...)
Reply 790

No, no. Timeline is different but fine. This is actually a complete mess.
Original post by BJack
No, no. Timeline is different but fine. This is actually a complete mess.

I was around when they updated to the previous format and everyone hated that too. That's not to say that I like everything that they've done this time - of course, it looks weird and I'm like 'argh, there's so much white take it away'. But all I was saying was that everyone will get used to it after a while because we always do!
Reply 792
Original post by KingMessi
Glad to hear it (kind of :s-smilie: ) - I just find job hunting an utter nightmare. I have no retail experience, which at this age is fatal, so can't get a job in a shop, nor can I get bar work. It's so frustrating. I'm just going to bombard shops until one of them gives in as I can't go all Christmas without earning anything, especially as my maintenance loan doesn't cover even my accommodation costs.

Will the OOB not help you out a little?

http://www.ox.ac.uk/feesandfunding/ugcurrent/oob/oob2012/
Original post by Julialala
Will the OOB not help you out a little?

http://www.ox.ac.uk/feesandfunding/ugcurrent/oob/oob2012/

I would assume if his loan doesn't cover accommodation, he's probably on the minimum and doesn't qualify for an OOB, but I may be wrong.
Reply 794
I was around when they updated to the previous format and everyone hated that too. That's not to say that I like everything that they've done this time - of course, it looks weird and I'm like 'argh, there's so much white take it away'. But all I was saying was that everyone will get used to it after a while because we always do!

But this actually gives me a headache. :s-smilie:
Original post by BJack

Hey, I'm not defending it and had no part in designing it! I only popped in to check up on how the freshers were getting on and made an offhand comment that people would get used to it because they always do in my experience.

I see you've already raised your concerns in the feedback thread, so that's the best thing to do for now and hopefully they'll make it less headachy :smile:
Reply 796
I would assume if his loan doesn't cover accommodation, he's probably on the minimum and doesn't qualify for an OOB, but I may be wrong.

Probably not, but it might give something to lighten his load a little. Fingers crossed!
I personally love the new design! When anything changes it always takes people a while to get used to it.
Original post by BJack

Same. It's far far too bright :ahhhhh:
Original post by Speedy03
I think new!TSR looks shiny and awesome! All new gadgets and odd business like that! Change *is* good. :wink:

(And yeah I liked timeline from the start too...)

nooooo! Change is bad!!! :fuhrer:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending