The Student Room Group

Oxford 2012 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnimalSpirit
Currently sitting in the airport waiting for my flight to depart. Can't believe that after so many months of preparation, waiting, relief, and yet more waiting, the dream of going to Oxford is finally unfolding! Can't wait to meet all my new college buddies :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

See you soon!

And no-one panic about packing. I was advised that my plan to take 'a bag' was stupid, so now I have brought loads.

(Why have I brought like 50 books?)
Reply 1381
Just set off from home and I'm currently cramped in the back of my car with an enormous bag of bed linen, a pretty big case that I'll never be able to repack, a clothes airer and a box full of electricals. Trying to make my own way home in December is going to be fun! :P Oh, and I've also got a bag full of chocolate... But I don't think that'll last very long! :biggrin:
How could I miss participating in this great thread?! :smile:
Anyway, baggage packed (although when reading the thread I got shocked: We need a duvet? I don't have one with me...), everything ready... Let's head to the airport! :biggrin:
Ahhh, I am already so curious
Original post by Lukizatrus
How could I miss participating in this great thread?! :smile:
Anyway, baggage packed (although when reading the thread I got shocked: We need a duvet? I don't have one with me...), everything ready... Let's head to the airport! :biggrin:
Ahhh, I am already so curious

Welcome! College/course? :smile:

Reply 1384
Somehow finished packing and loading everything into the car :biggrin: Just realised this is the end of four months of holiday :O
Original post by such_a_lady
Welcome! College/course? :smile:

PPE, Balliol

But now I gotta shut down the notebook and LEAVE :wink:

Btw., nice user pic for I am a German guy :wink:
Original post by Lukizatrus
PPE, Balliol

But now I gotta shut down the notebook and LEAVE :wink:

Btw., nice user pic for I am a German guy :wink:

Zeit fuer ein bisschen Stalken :wink: Freu mich schon dich kennenzulernen :colone:

Edit: boah bin ich schnell. :hi:

(edited 11 years ago)
Getting really excited now :woo:

Original post by manic_fuzz
Me too! I'm definitely going to have to go shopping during Freshers... need to buy a kettle... and stationery... :K:

Oh poo, I need that too, I'd almost forgot that we need to do some work at some point :colondollar:
Original post by Tobedotty
Oh poo, I need that too, I'd almost forgot that we need to do some work at some point :colondollar:

Maybe the odd bit of work here and there :wink: I actually can't wait to go stationery shopping in Oxford :tongue:
Original post by manic_fuzz
Maybe the odd bit of work here and there :wink: I actually can't wait to go stationery shopping in Oxford :tongue:

PAPERCHASE :love:

Original post by Niki_girl
It's going quite well thanks :h:, seeing as I don't really have a kitchen, and I live less than 2 hours away I think I'm taking much less than most people. It's just occured to me that I'm only ever away for about 2 months at a time, and so I've made myself cut back on a lot of random stuff I wanted to bring, but that I only use once a year or so (e.g., my ancient CD player). :colondollar:

According to my list I only really have clothes, shoes, a couple of everyday items and some electronics to pack!

I take it you're going to need an entire box to put your collection of hats in? :tongue:

I've Facebooked you :biggrin:

Yep, got my letter on Wednesday :yep:

Original post by lilyFL
They assess you as and when they get all the information about household income etc, until sometime early next year. Sorry to butt in, I was just very relieved to hear this myself when I found that student loans people hadn't received a letter sent by my parents, meaning I won't get any grants/ bursaries for quite a while.. :frown:

Only one more sleep! :redface:

Thanks :biggrin: I'd completely forgotten about it so was worried I'd missed some sort of deadline.

I think I'm getting more worried than excited the closer we get to Monday. I'm both awkward and shy so I don't think Freshers Week was built for me!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by confused dot com
Thanks :biggrin: I'd completely forgotten about it so was worried I'd missed some sort of deadline.

I think I'm getting more worried than excited the closer we get to Monday. I'm both awkward and shy so I don't think Freshers Week was built for me!

Well I've been invited to something casual tonight in Oxford at 2100, should I mention that I am usually in bed around then? (Otherwise they may be surprised as my head droops and thwacks the table).
Original post by whimsicality
Well I've been invited to something casual tonight in Oxford at 2100, should I mention that I am usually in bed around then? (Otherwise they may be surprised as my head droops and thwacks the table).

Haha, I'm prepared for a seriously erratic sleeping pattern during Freshers Week :tongue: How come you're up in Oxford so early?
The penultimate pre-university blog entry is now here. :smile:

http://jacknmoran.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/the-countdown-to-uni-one-day-to-go/
Original post by KingMessi
The penultimate pre-university blog entry is now here. :smile:

http://jacknmoran.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/the-countdown-to-uni-one-day-to-go/

I have been waiting for this :colonhash:

I have been waiting for this :colonhash:

I hope it lives/has lived up to your hopes/expectations. :colonhash: :erm:
The view from my room. Isn't that something?! :biggrin: