The Student Room Group

BMS graduates agency (SALES)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Dear SirIt concerns me in the light of the VW emissions scandal and my own experience I would like to know and can you please give the reinsurance that process are in place to prevent errors in the data collected by your company enviro technology services plcI happen to to know there are a number of your monitoring stations the district I live in HampshireMy question is in the light of what happened to me on the 7th of June 2017When I attended a meeting at the employment agency BMS performance at there office in Egham.Your company was recruiting and field service role and interviews were taking place at there office in EghamInterviews were with Mr Mike Smith Customer Services Manager my interview slot was at 15.45when I attended the office at 15.45 I was told that the interview had been brought forwardWhen I asked why I had not been contacted I was told they tried to call me ,They sent me a text message , and sent me a email.I can only say that if I had received a phone call, a text message, or a email I would have not turned up at my time slot.I can also say my phone has 2 numbers on 2 networks and I was at home all day and had no emailI am probably the most contactable person there isI can only conclude that BMS are mistaken or worst case in error or I would not like to comment what else they are sayingMy question I put to you sir is if you are using BMS to recruit employees can they be trusted to fill your needs as the proved to to me they are very much in error Sourcing reliable and trusted and accurate employees is a skill that BMS have demonstrated to me they are not capable of this.My concern is this error will propagate into the collection of your environmental data collection.
Reply 41
Dear Sir

My question is in the light of what happened to me on the 7th of June 2017

When I attended a meeting at the employment agency BMS performance at there office in Egham.

Your company was recruiting and field service role and interviews were taking place at there office in Egham

Interviews were with Mr Mike Smith Customer Services Manager my interview slot was at 15.45

when I attended the office at 15.45 I was told that the interview had been brought forward

When I asked why I had not been contacted I was told they tried to call me ,They sent me a text message , and sent me a email.

I can only say that if I had received a phone call, a text message, or a email I would have not turned up at my time slot.

I can also say my phone has 2 numbers on 2 networks and I was at home all day and had no email

I am probably the most contactable person there is

I can only conclude that BMS are mistaken or worst case in error or I would not like to comment what else they are saying how about lies
Reply 42
DO NOT ATTEND!! they mislead you into thinking they will help you find a job but are rude and already know what candidate they are looking for
Reply 43
Hello All,

I’m not sure if this thread is dead or if this post will even be seen but I’ve been wanting to share my experience of BMS for over 2 and a half years now.

BMS are essentially a bullying ring with miniscule job opportunities for the people who are successful (There’s no real winners here).

I was invited to an assessment day in Coventry in July 2015, the first that I had attended after graduating form Uni earlier that year. I bought a new suit, brushed up on sales techniques and set off full of optimism. Upon arrival, I was sat in a waiting room with a number of other candidates where I quickly noticed that everyone had itinerary’s except me. I was later told that even though the email I received didn’t have anything attached, I could have found the plan for the day on the website so it was my fault.

We were all ushered into a room and told to introduce ourselves with a 30 second pitch. The assessors at the front with the clipboards were immediately scribbling notes and whispering to themselves whenever anyone stood up to talk, extremely rude. One thing that I felt extremely uncomfortable with was they’re borderline racism when they were listening to foreign candidates. One of the so called ‘experts’ started chuckling and had to raise his clipboard to cover his mouth… very unprofessional and like I say, very discriminatory (more of which is to come).

After completion, we were placed into groups and asked to come up with a marketing strategy for a hypothetical product. I can see the logic behind this activity but the execution of it by the staff was again unprofessional. The man and lady in charge of managing our group were on their phones and gossiping the whole way through meaning they missed out on a lot of the best content that was put forward. The assessors then gave feedback and criticised the group saying ‘not good enough’, a comment that visually dented the confidence of everyone in the group.

Next came the culling of half of the students and here is where I return to theme of racial discrimination. They didn’t get rid of the worst candidates, they got rid of those that weren’t 100% fluent In the Queens English. One person from my group, who had the best ideas if I may add, was told to leave in a rather humiliating way. I firmly believe that had they not been gossiping or on the phone that they would have heard what he had to say and progressed him further.

It was then time for the role play…. A 10/15 minute one to one of pure judgement and arrogance from the assessor. I was successful in my pitch and arranged for 2 vendors to be delivered on a months trial and a price that met both my needs and the customers. However, this didn’t stop her tearing shreds into me in the feedback. According to her my approach was to ‘palish’ and not professional, I lacked conviction to get a higher price and my personal favourite…. ‘your beard is unprofessional, if you want a job I’d have a shave’…. PATHETIC!

By this point, I was keen on getting out the exit door as soon as I could but I was asked in for a final interview where I would be interviewed by a bloke who looked like a low budget Prince William, the head boy or so he thought. I’ve never been so insulted in all my life than I was in that interview. I sat and listened to him completely tear into me. Some highlights were; ‘you’re hardly a positive charismatic person are you? You strike me as the bloke who would sit in the corner of a pub on their own’ & ‘your not going to get far in any business’.

I was finally allowed to leave after this. I’d been ripped to shreds throughout and my confidence was rock bottom for a good while afterwards. As I left, there was a girl sat in reception who had been asked to leave after the sales role play and she was visually upset by the whole experience.

They rang me a couple of days later to say there were currently no jobs (Shock, I don’t think there ever were any positions in the first place) and they would stay in touch.

Contrary to the ‘failure’ BMS perceived me to be, I went on to be offered a scholarship to undertake a Masters Degree at the University of Derby and now work as a Marketing Manager for an engineering firm.

To sum up, I’ve never encountered a company so rude or unprofessional in my life. I have been vocal in my criticism during my second spell at uni and I have continuously warned people not to use them. I would urge anybody to avoid BMS and that there are plenty of other agencies out there who will help you look for work without destroying your confidence.
Reply 44
Hey, Anyone got any light on what it's like lately ? Worth going ? Thanks
Reply 45
It is really worth going! I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews, the day is actually quite fun, you do some group activities then a role play. I started a new job through BMS 5 days after attending the assessment day!
Reply 46
Has anyone got any advice or know if its worth going. I have my assessment tomorrow but after reading this I'm unsure if its worth going.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending