The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Get in!!!
Xabi prieto scores for sociedad after 53mins. Quick counter attack, griezmann sees prieto in space, full back gone too far forward and prieto runs for 15 yards and drills it past courtois legs.

Sociedad look good for a CL place now if they secure any result here. Atletico have maximum points in the calderon this season.
(edited 11 years ago)
Diego costa is a ****. He's the type who bullies people when they're losing because they're sore losers.
Pretty obvious the display from the first and second leg were so different. This time there was actually pressing, guardiola's 3 second rule looked to be in play Milan didn't have time to work the ball. Also WIDTH! Barcelona need width to stretch the field, cannot play fabregas up front because it becomes to narrow, Iniesta must start centrally. Also Busquets was Motm for me. Dictating flow, timely interceptions.

Defense still looks prone to brain carts but Madcherano should start as the Cb with Pique.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Malevolent
Pretty obvious the display from the first and second leg were so different. This time there was actually pressing, guardiola's 3 second rule looked to be in play Milan didn't have time to work the ball. Also WIDTH! Barcelona need width to stretch the field, cannot play fabregas up front because it becomes to narrow, Iniesta must start centrally. Also Busquets was Motm for me. Dictating flow, timely interceptions.

Defense still looks prone to brain carts but Madcherano should start as the Cb with Pique.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. Alves may be a little frustrating but he stretches the play so well. Barcelona got out of a tight space by finding Alves on the touchline so many times.
Original post by KingMessi
Yes. Alves may be a little frustrating but he stretches the play so well. Barcelona got out of a tight space by finding Alves on the touchline so many times.

Its basic stuff really, too many players that are comfortable centrally means the play is so narrow. We need to make the pitch as wide as we can for Alba/ Alves to overlap. Also liked that Villa was the striker and Messi could drop back.
Congratulations to Barca! the team did it to come in the next round after 0-2 defeat in the first leg. It was a mentionable come back. Messi's goal to 1-0 was the highlight yesterday.
Original post by Kallisto
Congratulations to Barca! the team did it to come in the next round after 0-2 defeat in the first leg. It was a mentionable come back. Messi's goal to 1-0 was the highlight yesterday.

Ive never seen the Camp Nou shake like it did when Villa scored, that was the highlight for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still happy from last night was something special. We can still use Villa so useful ti us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who the hell negged me what the heck ? :unimpressed:
Malaga through as well. :teeth:

3 Spanish sides in the last 8, delicious. :coma:
Hey guysssssss! :smile: Or shall I say, HOLA!
Who the hell negged me what the heck ? :unimpressed:

Definitely a hater. :rolleyes:
Reply 1392
Original post by Silver Lining
Hey guysssssss! :smile: Or shall I say, HOLA!

:football:
Original post by Abiraleft
:football:

:shakehand:
Villa needs to play more with Messi behind him.
Villa needs to play more with Messi behind him.

Weren't Barca playing the 3-4-3 diamond formation like they did before? But yes, with Messi behind that would do a great deal but the ball needs to get tackled closer and if Messi is behind Villa who is capable enough to bring the ball or even goal from at front of Villa? Messi. To be honest if he stays where he is and just gets the ball in his possession, Villa just has to score and there you go, job done. Or not?

I dont think I explained that very well :s-smilie:
Original post by Silver Lining
Weren't Barca playing the 3-4-3 diamond formation like they did before? But yes, with Messi behind that would do a great deal but the ball needs to get tackled closer and if Messi is behind Villa who is capable enough to bring the ball or even goal from at front of Villa? Messi. To be honest if he stays where he is and just gets the ball in his possession, Villa just has to score and there you go, job done. Or not?

I dont think I explained that very well :s-smilie:

Pretty much Having Villa infront of Messi means Messi will only be tracked by 2-3 players when he gets the ball instead of 5 because of 2 CB's as well. It frees up room for him because defenders have to worry about Villa being there. Also Alves and Alba stretching the wing means even more room for Pedro and Villa to go to and exploit.

Also that was a much more Guardiola-esque Barcelona performance. There were small triangles of passes between players always someone available and they hounded Milan back for possession. They just need to play with some effort like they actually give a damn. Puyol sadly should no longer start, I want Mascherano playing because hes very fast for a CB and distributes pretty damn well.
Reply 1397
Original post by CB91
Malaga through as well. :teeth:

3 Spanish sides in the last 8, delicious. :coma:

Just hypothetically speaking, I wonder if UEFA will reconsider the ban if Malaga go and win the whole thing. :holmes:
Pretty much Having Villa infront of Messi means Messi will only be tracked by 2-3 players when he gets the ball instead of 5 because of 2 CB's as well. It frees up room for him because defenders have to worry about Villa being there. Also Alves and Alba stretching the wing means even more room for Pedro and Villa to go to and exploit.

Very true, I did not think of that. If you think about it (which I am sure you have) Messi is small anyway so it would be easier for him to be positioned in a place where he is less crowded but, with more space he can goal, but wouldnt that just invite more players? No wait, I keep thinking defence, because Barca's defense is horrible. So, I guess yeah it would be good to give him more space. Which I think Villa did because he was more in the middle.

Also that was a much more Guardiola-esque Barcelona performance. There were small triangles of passes between players always someone available and they hounded Milan back for possession. They just need to play with some effort like they actually give a damn. Puyol sadly should no longer start, I want Mascherano playing because hes very fast for a CB and distributes pretty damn well.

LOL! I completely agree. This was up for discussion yesterday. It seemed a bit too easy for them or AMC was not trying at all! Yes, there was a 71% possession in our favour and 29% AMC. Well, they would rather play like they dont give a damn rather than letting others win. But, you can tell they have a hell lot of understanding on the pitch between the players.
But who cares we're in the next round of the Champions league thats all that matters!

Latest