The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smart Ass
I'm only speaking for myself, I go to the gym all the time so that's just me personally. If your size 14 just expect to be with an overweight male. Simple really it's just what you want in life. I'd only want a hot model type

Edit: Why neg me? This is the truth in the real world, reality check. If you're overweight your more likely to be with an overweight person. Stop kidding yourself, either young or naive.

The your very shallow, and yeah I go to the gym everyday and im into my sport and im a size 8 but that would never stop me considering a bigger man, my ex wasnt fit he didnt go to the gym he wasnt toned and was a bit chubby but i loved his personality not his body.

God help any girl that ends up with you, your one of those guys who can give a women 0 self esteem, looks fade my dear its a person personality and heart that matters and if your basing your partners purely on looks your going to end up very lonely when your youthful looks fade and you turn into a wrinkly old man
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
Anon or delete please as I am going to talk about my personal size and I have friends on here who I would rather not realise its me.

I am a size 12/14 5ft2 girl - is this too big?

I have recently lost a little weight but I always feels size 8/10 always pull (they have great figures so no wonder why)

Thanks!

Well I like curvier women a lot, so I think 12-14 would be perfect for me but then again Im slim so a lot of these girls aren't interested
Reply 42
I just have no idea what each size number means....I'm aware of waist size and the small, medium, large system but not this number system...
Original post by Taurus
I just have no idea what each size number means....I'm aware of waist size and the small, medium, large system but not this number system...

Yeah, I though that would be the response from all the guys. I guess TSR men aren't afraid to show that they actually know the female sizes. One of my male friends said he was bored of always dating size 6's, and couldn't explain how he knows the dress sizes of all his girlfriends. Everyone calls him a cross dresser now and any of his girlfriends are told to keep an eye on their pants draws.:smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Agree with Hiding12.
Reply 45
Original post by Sheldor
Yeah, I though that would be the response from all the guys. I guess TSR men aren't afraid to show that they actually know the female sizes. One of my male friends said he was bored of always dating size 6's, and couldn't explain how he knows the dress sizes of all his girlfriends. Everyone calls him a cross dresser now and any of his girlfriends are told to keep an eye on their pants draws.:smile:

He's not using my logic and pretending to know nothing...if he did that his true identity would remain a secret :wink:
Reply 46
Original post by Sheldor
I'm not normally but reading this thread freaked the bejezus out of me, so I think I'll just push it to the back of my mind and hope I grow taller.

Are you really that insecure?! :tongue:
Reply 47
I'd say anyone fatter than I am.
Original post by *Rouge*
Are you really that insecure?! :tongue:

Normally, couldn't care less. :tongue: Some of the posts gave me the momentary fear I was obese and in denial.:laugh:

Reply 49
Sizes are definitely not something to consider. I'm 5ft4 and I wear size 12 tops because I have a big rib age and size D breasts, but not a single person has ever said I look bigger than a size 8. I think for girls, the most important thing is good posture and picking out clothes that are actually your size, regardless of whether it says size 6 or 16 on the label, it needs to look right on you! If it zips, doesn't mean it fits :smile:

Original post by dasha_t
Sizes are definitely not something to consider. I'm 5ft4 and I wear size 12 tops because I have a big rib age and size D breasts, but not a single person has ever said I look bigger than a size 8. I think for girls, the most important thing is good posture and picking out clothes that are actually your size, regardless of whether it says size 6 or 16 on the label, it needs to look right on you! If it zips, doesn't mean it fits :smile:

Yup, exactly! A size 12 could look like Christina Hendrickson or be slightly chubby. It depends on body shape and height. A size 6 can look anorexic if they're tall with small boobs wnd butts, or chubby with big books and butts.

Truth to be told you really can't tell for sure whether someone is fat or not based on clothes size and height (unless they have to wear a really large size which would always look very big despite height).
Sure usually a certain size on a taller person would usually be slimmer than a shorter person wearing the same size, but it still doesn't mean that the shorter person is fat. After all things such as breast size and bone structure can come into it. One of my friends is short and wears a size bigger than what she looks, she has a tiny stomach, but she has to wear large tops because she is pretty huge in the breast department. :tongue:

Not to mention is can vary depending on brand or the type of clothing, so not all sizes accurately fit the same in each shop. I'm a size 12, although in some shops I can fit a 10 better and to the other extreme in other shops I have to wear a 14. Admitidly I'm quite tall (5"9), so I don't look big, but I do know plenty of girls shorter than me who are my size and still aren't fat and are able to attract guys.

Like I said before bone structure can come into it too, whether you have broad hips or shoulders etc. For example I have quite broad hips, so I'm more a 12/14 on the bottom and 12 on the top. Even if I was skinny, I still would have to wear large jeans as my hip bones are quite wide and loosing weight wouldn't shrink them, it would only make them prominant.

Original post by hiding12
Well I like curvier women a lot, so I think 12-14 would be perfect for me but then again Im slim so a lot of these girls aren't interested

Don't worry, plenty of curvy girls could be interested in you. :smile: Most of my clothes are a size 12, so while I'm not fat i'm not a skinny girl either, but my boyfriend doesn't really have much in terms of body fat or muscle, he's a naturally slim guy, but he's perfect to me, I actually love his body in trut, being slimmer than me doesn't bother me or him. :biggrin: Not to mention I'm attracted to the whole package, yes looks do come into it, but he has a great personality too and we click so well.

A curvy girl can like a smaller or a bigger guy, like you and other guys your size, we all have different preferences. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Anon or delete please as I am going to talk about my personal size and I have friends on here who I would rather not realise its me.

I am a size 12/14 5ft2 girl - is this too big?

I have recently lost a little weight but I always feels size 8/10 always pull (they have great figures so no wonder why)

Thanks!

I overheard my brother telling one of his mates a few months back that he thought that a size 12 was the ideal size for a woman (he's not over weight btw, he goes the gym regularly and gets referred to as "fit" by quite a few women I know). I'm in my late 20's and my size has yo-yoed a lot between now and since I was a teen (I've been everything from a 6 to an 18 over the years) and I found I got the most male attention when I was sizes 10,12 and 14 (I'm 5'4).
Reply 53
Original post by SillyMilly
The your very shallow, and yeah I go to the gym everyday and im into my sport and im a size 8 but that would never stop me considering a bigger man, my ex wasnt fit he didnt go to the gym he wasnt toned and was a bit chubby but i loved his personality not his body.

God help any girl that ends up with you, your one of those guys who can give a women 0 self esteem, looks fade my dear its a person personality and heart that matters and if your basing your partners purely on looks your going to end up very lonely when your youthful looks fade and you turn into a wrinkly old man

Obviously they have to have a compatible personality for me, but they also have to be hot. Hot can you love someone who you find fat and unattractive?

Even if a girl has an amazing personality it's impossible for me to fall for her because she isn't hot, I've tried but I have too much of an ego.

It just looks odd if someone hot is with someone ugly. And yes this changes when older clearly, I'll keep going to the gym till I'm 50 + so I doubt my body will be changing. I would only go out with a hot girl end of story really.

Don't understand what is bad about that?
some woman look stupid a size 8/10, like myself. if the woman feels confident and there is a man that shows interest, who cares.
some men are just shallow and think to be attractive you have to be super skinny, with big boob, big ass, fake hair and loads of make up. some woman need make up and some don't. some woman need a little weight on them and not really skinny.
woman can be just as bad with men though. they can look at someone who has a little bit extra weight on them and be disgusted.
wait until your 80, with wrinkles, grey hair, beer belly, saggy as out ball sack and no looks at all. and woman wait until your boobs are gone and are saggy and your vaginas the size of a bus.
Reply 55
Original post by EmmaLouBell
some woman look stupid a size 8/10, like myself. if the woman feels confident and there is a man that shows interest, who cares.
some men are just shallow and think to be attractive you have to be super skinny, with big boob, big ass, fake hair and loads of make up. some woman need make up and some don't. some woman need a little weight on them and not really skinny.
woman can be just as bad with men though. they can look at someone who has a little bit extra weight on them and be disgusted.
wait until your 80, with wrinkles, grey hair, beer belly, saggy as out ball sack and no looks at all. and woman wait until your boobs are gone and are saggy and your vaginas the size of a bus.

Aren't you a charmer pet?
I prefer girls who are more curvy, got nothing against skinny girls but those who are skeleton thin like Victoria Beckham, just no.
It depends where they carry the weight. Its a big belly that puts me off but I like big thighs, ass and boobs.
Nothing wrong with a bit of extra flesh just means there is more to hold on to. If a girl is naturally slim its okay but starving yourself isn't attractive.

I don't want to go to Mcdonalds with a girl who is only going to eat the salad in the bun, I want a girl you can eat the meat too.

I'm hungry now :biggrin:
Original post by farrow000
Nothing wrong with a bit of extra flesh just means there is more to hold on to. If a girl is naturally slim its okay but starving yourself isn't attractive.

I don't want to go to Mcdonalds with a girl who is only going to eat the salad in the bun, I want a girl you can eat the meat too.

I'm hungry now :biggrin:

I take the salad out. :colonhash: Though that's because I hate lettuce.

Latest

Trending

Trending