The Student Room Group

ABB at Alevel - is it worth me retaking for possible Law career?

Hi,
Like many people i got my Alevel results the other day and came out with ABB.
My grades got me into my uni, but as i have a defered entry until 2013, i do have the chance to retake my exams.
As i have an interest in possibly following a law career, do you think it is worth me reataking any of my exams? Or should i forget about them and concentrate on getting a good degree?
Reply 1
Original post by Fward
Hi,
Like many people i got my Alevel results the other day and came out with ABB.
My grades got me into my uni, but as i have a defered entry until 2013, i do have the chance to retake my exams.
As i have an interest in possibly following a law career, do you think it is worth me reataking any of my exams? Or should i forget about them and concentrate on getting a good degree?

Probably not, tbh you need to focus on getting a good degree,at least a 2:1 for law. It would probably be more useful for you to read up on what you'll be studying next year.
Congrats for getting into uni :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply.
I was already thinking about doing some reading in advance of uni.
The only thing that makes me wonder whether i should do some retakes, is that when looking at some top law firms they ask for 340 UCAS points at Alevel, whereas i only got 320.
Reply 3
Original post by Fward
Thanks for your reply.
I was already thinking about doing some reading in advance of uni.
The only thing that makes me wonder whether i should do some retakes, is that when looking at some top law firms they ask for 340 UCAS points at Alevel, whereas i only got 320.

I would say yes, if you're thinking of applying to another university, otherwise I wouldn't, as your place is guaranteed, but if you think it would give you an advantage, it's up to you :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest