The Student Room Group

Cardiff Medical School Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by heliumtown
I'm an international student and I heard from them last week. I got an interview. I sadly had to get it rescheduled, but I'm still so excited :smile: :smile:

Hope you all hear back soon!

I hope so too.. In addition to the questions above, did they notify you through ucas or through email? Thanks
Original post by PinkNailPolish
Congratulationss !!!

Do you mind telling me how many points do you have ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I am actually doing IB right now, and I have predicted 43 points total, with 7, 7, 7, in my 3 Higher Level classes. I never took GSCEs or IGCSEs, or any actual board before IB because I used to go to an American school in Malaysia and we had a GPA system instead. I'm sorry that wasn't exactly what you were looking for, but I hope it helps!

Original post by Alice710
Well domee :biggrin: Do you mind telling me the date they gave you initially and the one you have one after you rescheduled?

They had initially given me 12th Feb, but I had to get it changed because my passport was at an embassy. There was one cancellation this Friday, so my interview is now on the 22nd Feb. According to the admissions officer I had been speaking to, they were fully booked up till March 4th so far and I believe he told me that the interviews end mid march (don't take my word for it, this is simply what I remember from our conversation!) Good luck to all of you, I really hope you hear from them! :smile:

Original post by Eureka!
I hope so too.. In addition to the questions above, did they notify you through ucas or through email? Thanks

I got an invitation via email and I received nothing on UCAS!
Reply 1182
I am actually doing IB right now, and I have predicted 43 points total, with 7, 7, 7, in my 3 Higher Level classes. I never took GSCEs or IGCSEs, or any actual board before IB because I used to go to an American school in Malaysia and we had a GPA system instead. I'm sorry that wasn't exactly what you were looking for, but I hope it helps!

They had initially given me 12th Feb, but I had to get it changed because my passport was at an embassy. There was one cancellation this Friday, so my interview is now on the 22nd Feb. According to the admissions officer I had been speaking to, they were fully booked up till March 4th so far and I believe he told me that the interviews end mid march (don't take my word for it, this is simply what I remember from our conversation!) Good luck to all of you, I really hope you hear from them! :smile:

Okayyy :smile: Thanks for all the information! Good luck!! :smile:
Reply 1183

So when did you hear from them initially? You said that you heard from them last week so they only gave you a week's notice? That's not fair..
Reply 1184
Original post by Eureka!
So when did you hear from them initially? You said that you heard from them last week so they only gave you a week's notice? That's not fair..

Thats normally how long they give you...

On another note, has anyone interviewed pre-christmas heard back recently? I know some 150 got offers but I havent heard anything. Is there still a chance of getting an offer from them?
Reply 1185
Original post by shaw95

On another note, has anyone interviewed pre-christmas heard back recently? I know some 150 got offers but I havent heard anything. Is there still a chance of getting an offer from them?

I didn't get an offer then either, and the last i heard from them was their update email in january, which clearly said if you hadn't heard got a pre-xmas offer but had an interview there was still a chance to get an offer after everyone had been interviewed. They only gave out roughly a third of the offers before xmas :smile:
Reply 1186
Looks like Cardiff are done interviewing home applicants? :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saint G
Looks like Cardiff are done interviewing home applicants? :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know that?! Urgh, I don't want to give up hope yet!! ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Miss_Jazz
How do you know that?! Urgh, I don't want to give up hope yet!! ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone on here phoned up admissions. Interviews will last until mid/end of march. There is still hope.
Original post by GodBewithUs :D
Someone on here phoned up admissions. Interviews will last until mid/end of march. There is still hope.

Thanks for that info or else I would've really given up hope! I have two rejections already and cardiff is my last hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1190
Original post by shaw95

Well we're international students.. Some of us need to apply for and get visa, book flights and trains.. One week is too short. Kings gave me one and a half months notice
Reply 1191
Original post by Eureka!
Well we're international students.. Some of us need to apply for and get visa, book flights and trains.. One week is too short. Kings gave me one and a half months notice

Oh yeah I see. Can't you just say you're coming on holiday or do you still need a visa for that?
Reply 1192
Original post by shaw95
Oh yeah I see. Can't you just say you're coming on holiday or do you still need a visa for that?

Yeah you need to get a tourist visa which takes more than a month to process..
I'm an international student and I heard from them last week. I got an interview. I sadly had to get it rescheduled, but I'm still so excited :smile: :smile:

Hope you all hear back soon!

Hey hope your interview goes well, could you please tell us how many other international students were there ?

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know when they're going to give out ppst-interview rejections for the pre-christmas group. They must have an idea of those who are not going to get a place and I just want to move on now.
I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING FROM CARDIFF. No interview offer, no rejection... Anyone else? When's the last interview date?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Camilla 2501
I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING FROM CARDIFF. No interview offer, no rejection... Anyone else? When's the last interview date?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't heard anything either and quite a few others haven't too! It is a pain waiting this long, I know, but I think they interview until mid/end March so plenty of time to hope!
Reply 1197
Original post by Joshalos
I haven't heard anything either and quite a few others haven't too! It is a pain waiting this long, I know, but I think they interview until mid/end March so plenty of time to hope!

I'm still waiting too!!! Has anyone been interviewed with 6A*s at GCSE I think they have haven't they? xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Briz
I'm still waiting too!!! Has anyone been interviewed with 6A*s at GCSE I think they have haven't they? xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

They were a few users on here who were interviewed with a score of 24 points. (6A*'s 3A's). :biggrin:
Reply 1199
Original post by Camilla 2501

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still havent heard anything eitheer and my score is 24 :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending