The Student Room Group

How many percent do you need to achieve a 2:1 degree and does first year

count towards it?
I am doing a degree in Economics
Typically you need 60% to 69% inclusive.

Generally, first year does not count.
Reply 2
Where I am it is 60% to get a 2:1 and 70% to get a first. My first year does not count, yet this may vary uni to uni and course to course.
60% and probably not - most universities/courses don't count the first year. Though I think there are differing weights put on the other 2 years (like in my case, year 2 is 1/3 of my degree and year 3 is 2/3).
Reply 4
For my uni (Strathclyde) only our final year effects our overall degree, 70% being a 1st and 60% for a 2:1.

I believe most unis count 3rd and 4th year though, typically with a weighting more on the 4th.

Check your faculty handbook.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 5
Original post by Aliylum
For my uni (Strathclyde) only our final year effects our overall degree, 70% being a 1st and 60% for a 2:1.

I believe most unis count 3rd and 4th year though, typically with a weighting more on the 4th.

Check your faculty handbook.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Well, asides the fact that degrees in England, especially BAs, are more likely to just be 3 years unless you have a year abroad.

The Scottish system of 4 years being the norm seems excessive to me. I dunno if this is possible anywhere, but I think a lot of BAs should offer the option of skipping the first year for people that are really only interested in studying and gaining the degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending