The Student Room Group

Apple - The Biggest CHEAT!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by danny111
Yea but you know what I hate. A Californian company is awarded rights by a Californian court against a Korean company.

****ing joke. You read some of the things they got the 'patent' for.

Some of the stuff is like saying the first car company to utilise electric windows should have gotten a 25 year (or however long they last) patent on it...

http://news.yahoo.com/jury-reaches-verdict-apple-samsung-trial-court-officials-215605461--sector.html

"Samsung's attorneys, on the other hand, maintained Apple had no sole right to geometric designs such as rectangles with rounded corners."

Just gtfo. This is a joke. And as people on here pointed out, Nokia should now be able to sue Apple over the Iphone being round since Nokia was round before...

"The companies are rivals, but also have a $5 billion-plus supply relationship. Apple is Samsung's biggest customer for microprocessors and other parts central to Apple's devices."

I'm gonna laugh and see if samsung go no we're not supplying.. Then everyone else turns around saying we're not supplying... Let's boycott apple :colone:
Reply 41
Original post by Transformational
The team that made apple great again came from NeXT.

UNIX is an open source piece of software for ANYBODY to use, so your point is invalid about how Apple 'copied' something. By all rights so did Samsung and most other software/hardware companies out there.

Yes... But principles of giving everyone in the unix community was diminished by apples selfish eagerness.
Original post by westarmy
Yes... But principles of giving everyone in the unix community was diminished by apples selfish eagerness.

Wait what?

You're seriously trying to use morality now?

Puh-lease...
Reply 43
Original post by westarmy
Although many say Apple is ALL high tech gizmo stuff!

Does anyone wonder why they're they're the richest company in the world now? Perhaps Selling just iPhones, iPads, Computers/Laptops and Mp3 players would amount to billions & BILLIONS! I don't think so?

The Apple iOS software is just ripped off from Linux Open system!
Apple has Patented many things "other" companies had produced! = Billions in law suits
Apple accuses other companies of 'stealing' their idea?
Now every giant is at it! They're suing each other over measly things!

Funniest patent from apple has to be the shape of the iPhone 4 :/...
I'm sure the Nokia N96 N81 had it first

Honestly I just hate the company that's just so very manipulative!
Does anyone agree?

OSX/iOS is not Linux based.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 44
Absolutely hate Apple. Their very name is stolen from Apple Corps (Beatles) but they somehow won the lawsuit over that. As well as having completely minimalist products (not the style- I mean they barely do anything), they're overpriced; their profit margins are ridiculous. The second I switched on my ipod nano (the little square one with the touchscreen) I was filled with regret. £120 for an ipod shuffle, just with a screen, and because the ads and prettiness drew me in. They have some of the worst ethics of any major company. Their interface is stolen from Linux and Android and the worst part is, their consumers don't even notice. At Christmas my dad showed me this 'amazing update' on his ipad, which was this 'useful' bar you can drag down from the top of the screen. I was just thinking, my phone, and every android phone i can remember using, has had that, it's part of the joy of having my phone. Hate them so much- the only thing worse is their completely brainwashed consumers.
Reply 45
Original post by Moomeh
Absolutely hate Apple. Their very name is stolen from Apple Corps (Beatles) but they somehow won the lawsuit over that. As well as having completely minimalist products (not the style- I mean they barely do anything), they're overpriced; their profit margins are ridiculous. The second I switched on my ipod nano (the little square one with the touchscreen) I was filled with regret. £120 for an ipod shuffle, just with a screen, and because the ads and prettiness drew me in. They have some of the worst ethics of any major company. Their interface is stolen from Linux and Android and the worst part is, their consumers don't even notice. At Christmas my dad showed me this 'amazing update' on his ipad, which was this 'useful' bar you can drag down from the top of the screen. I was just thinking, my phone, and every android phone i can remember using, has had that, it's part of the joy of having my phone. Hate them so much- the only thing worse is their completely brainwashed consumers.

This is not true, also your regret - caused by being brainwashed.

Reply 46
Guys, I hate to break it to you, but you do realise that all major companies do this and it's only because Apple has been in the news that you're able to focus so much wrath on them? If you don't like the products don't buy them. It really is as simple as that. And to whoever said that samsung should stop selling to apple, it's largest customer, think it through - there's a good chap.

If you want to rile against the ethical behaviour of a company why not focus on big tobacco who knew years before anyone else how harmful smoking was.

Reply 47
Original post by Gallabay
Guys, I hate to break it to you, but you do realise that all major companies do this and it's only because Apple has been in the news that you're able to focus so much wrath on them? If you don't like the products don't buy them. It really is as simple as that. And to whoever said that samsung should stop selling to apple, it's largest customer, think it through - there's a good chap.

If you want to rile against the ethical behaviour of a company why not focus on big tobacco who knew years before anyone else how harmful smoking was.

No thanks, I've already seen Thank you for Smoking.
Reply 48
There's a lot of bull**** in this thread about what apple did/didn't steal/create.

OSX is based on BSD, totally legal as BSD has a rather liberal license. Linux was designed to have a similar structure to UNIX, which is what BSD was developed from.

Apple did not create GUIs, that was xerox and others, accusing someone of stealing the idea of a GUI is like accusing someone of stealing the idea of a shelf.

Apple did release the first commercially successful tablet, but the whole industry had been working on the idea of tablets for years, those android devices don't just spring up from nowhere. Same goes for ipod style things and smartphones.

Apple does not develope revolutionary new concepts from the ground up, but few companies ever do.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my E15i
Original post by star10159
Love them or hate them, one thing is for sure.

They are very smart. form being worth only $10 billion to around $600 billion (I think) just by selling
overpriced, over-hyped and definitely over rated stuff and yet people buy them.

umadbro?
yeah they are a nasty company. all these tech and social companies are cults. apple, facebook, google.
Reply 51
It's kind of funny...

Reading on a news article, Apple had accused Samsung of stealing device design...
Samsung came to portray products, that were produce years before Apple made iPhone 4

UNIX was open to everyone anyone and could be shared!
Apple decided we're gonna use that and patent it! Make our OS based on that, but not share.
Apple IS Microsoft of the 90's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending