The Student Room Group

Football Manager Society III

Another new thread to continue discussion of the best football management game series around :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Dalimyr
x

Out of curiosity, why are threads closed at 10000 posts?
Reply 2
Original post by raheem94
Out of curiosity, why are threads closed at 10000 posts?
vBulletin's software isn't exactly the most efficient, and large threads are known to cause a significant amount of stress on the servers. When you click to view a thread, the software will hunt through the forum database (which currently stands at nearly 40,000,000 posts) to gather every single post that belongs to the thread you're wanting to view, even though you're only displaying a max of 60 posts at a time. The larger a thread is, the more resources it takes to display the thread and the slower the site would run as a result.

Be glad we close threads at a threshold as high as 10,000 as well. I used to be a regular on GameFAQs where they auto-locked threads at a pathetically low 500 posts.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Dalimyr
vBulletin's software isn't exactly the most efficient, and large threads are known to cause a significant amount of stress on the servers. When you click to view a thread, the software will hunt through the forum database (which currently stands at nearly 40,000,000 posts) to gather every single post that belongs to the thread you're wanting to view, even though you're only displaying a max of 60 posts at a time. The larger a thread is, the more resources it takes to display the thread and the slower the site would run as a result.

Be glad we close threads at a threshold as high as 10,000 as well. I used to be a regular on GameFAQs where they auto-locked threads at a pathetically low 500 posts.

Thanks for the explanation.
New thread :gah:

If I fail in life, FM will have a significant part in the reason why.... :tongue:
Reply 5
Yay new thread :awesome:

A 28 year old Walcott is apparently "declining as a footballer over the past season". Valued at £32.5m.... Time to move on :colone:
Reply 6
Just won my 5th FA Cup in a row :u:

Beat Chelsea 3-2, was 0-2 at half time, but absolutely dominated the second half.

Jan Hajek now has 47 goals from 32(5) appearances this season. Can't believe this guy only cost me £60k
Reply 7
Original post by neillya1
Yay new thread :awesome:

A 28 year old Walcott is apparently "declining as a footballer over the past season". Valued at £32.5m.... Time to move on :colone:

Signed him at 27 for Villa, still looks good. Although got injured on international duty at the 2016 euros for up to 3 months, however I'm getting his wages paid until he's fit again.
Oh herro new thread.

May have to play FM this afternoon to justify this post. :ashamed2:
Reply 9
Original post by jackf1337
Signed him at 27 for Villa, still looks good. Although got injured on international duty at the 2016 euros for up to 3 months, however I'm getting his wages paid until he's fit again.

Managed to shift him to Newcastle for £44m :h: Very happy with that considering he didn't play for the last 6 months!

My backroom staff are now almost entirely ex-Arsenal players :sogood:
Managed to shift him to Newcastle for £44m :h: Very happy with that considering he didn't play for the last 6 months!

:lolwut:

Have they been taken over by some oil-rich consortium? :holmes:
I started a game as Portsmouth and omg didn't realise how bloody hard it'd be.

played 17 won 3 drawn 3 lost 11 scored 14 conceded 41 ffs! :LOL:
I only have like 15 first-team players, with Mokoena and Kitson leaving in January, for 10k overall.
Can also only offer wages of £90p/w so a load of players will leave at the end of the season, unless i am out of receivership by then.

I'm also now 60k over my wage budget.
Starting a game as Portsmouth in FM13 will be very interesting :holmes:
Reply 13
Any idea on the release date yet?:smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 14
Original post by Champagne Supernova
:lolwut:

Have they been taken over by some oil-rich consortium? :holmes:

Yup :h:

They've bought a fair few of my players over the years...

Walcott - £44m
Gibbs - £21m
Craig Dawson - £16m
Szczesny - £35m

They also bought Cavani for £60m, Jovetic for £45m and M'Villa for £38m :eek:

My backroom staff now has Henry, Van Persie, Rosicky, Arteta, André Santos, Gilberto Silva, Pires and Bergkamp :h:
Reply 15
Steve Kean is now manager of Celtic.

They're fighting relegation, in February. :biggrin:

EDIT: Got 2 managers sacked this season so far. Win. :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
5 years in as Liverpool manager and after a slow start I have won two consecutive league titles. Also got to two consecutive champions league finals- won one, lost one. 3 FA cups. 2 league cups and the club world championship. Selling a few players to spice things up again. £24M for Reina and then bought Szczesny for ~£6.5M. Really can't recommend Kurt Zouma highly enough-definite must buy, along with Adam Johnson if you can get him cheap. Yttergard Jenssen (bought for £1.3M, sold after 5 years for £9.5M) and Andile Jali are economical buys too. I know a few other regular posters are enjoying Liverpool saves too- really recommend it to others. You have so much ****e on high wages to get rid of but once you have money frees up and you can completely build a squad around a core 4/5 players plus a few youth prospects.

Palermo have just signed an insane regen with passing of 20 for just £8M. How did my scouts miss him? :facepalm:

Also, anyone had Raheem Sterling do anything on FM? Stats just wouldn't improve and ended up releasing him. Took him about 3 months to find a new club.
(edited 11 years ago)

Jesus, I hope he gets himself a £44m price tag at Villa. Also saw £35 for Szczsney. Got him for £9 o.0

-

Mancini left Barca and returned to Man City as van Gaal retired. He bought Messi with him as well. **** my existence.
Reply 18
Been given £188m transfer budget with Liverpool. Not really many places to improve, but my defence are now all in their 30s, so going to gradually get rid, starting with Enrique, just got an offer for £8m, already have his replacement in place.

The Czech Republic have some great regens, I already have 3 in the national squad and looking to buy another.
Reply 19
Original post by Aramiss18

Also, anyone had Raheem Sterling do anything on FM? Stats just wouldn't improve and ended up releasing him. Took him about 3 months to find a new club.

I bought him but he certainly isn't good though i couldn't give him appearances and always loaned him out but still if he was good then surely he would have been much better than what he is now.

Quick Reply

Latest