The Student Room Group

Football Manager Society III

Scroll to see replies

Ugh. My South Africa lost 3-2 (3-0 until injury time) away to the bottom team (Egypt), and then in the must-win game away to Tunisia, the top team (we're 2nd), went 1-0 up then lost 2-0. ****in' chokers, can't play for **** away from home. Thought about resigning with 2 games to go, especially as many of the good players are 30+, but the African Nations is half a year away, so may as well stay, at least until a better job comes up.

Luxembourg was a little bit tempting though.

Original post by ozzyoscy
Help!

One day I loaded my game and it said it could not find the database and would use the default one or something. I carried on as normal. Soon realised that the French and German clubs were named differently than I remember, wasn't sure if it was just me.

Weeks or months on, I just tried something: tried to add a new user, and Japan, Germany and the Netherlands can't be managed. The Japan job had been available before, but this would likely be before the error I got.

I deleted the inc files in all the folders (700, 701 and 702), and the club names are back, but the nations still can't be managed by a new user.

Any way to save this situation? This really sucks, it's like I've been cheated by the computer. :frown:

Fixed! You have to open the relevant files and change the 1s to 0s where it's talking about national teams. This is a way for you to manage the previously blocked nations without having to start a new game. Hadn't heard of the technique before.
(edited 10 years ago)
This game makes no sense! As soon as the opponents wingers cut inside they leather it ans its a garunteed goal... When mine do it somebody's coffee is knocked out their hand.
Yep as soon as i say it assaidi bangs in another

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by boumavilla
Hey. I have already asked if anyone would be interested in a summer online game, no-one appears to be interested...but I was! :biggrin:

If you can find some others that would like to do it, sure I'd be happy to join in! :h:

Depends on hours I need to commit to... but I'm happy to give it a go :biggrin:
Original post by hieuluu
Anyone up for online league with a friend and I? playing from 8-10 everyday?

Original post by Deyesy
As soon as my exams are over - The 17th of June, I'm game for a summer game.

Original post by IanLim93
Up for it as well! Will be in a different time zone for placement but I don't start till August! Gives me all of July :biggrin:

Original post by Angry cucumber
Depends on hours I need to commit to... but I'm happy to give it a go :biggrin:

Guys, I don't mind organising this, as long as we all can try and commit...I'll ask for a separate thread so we can organise this...

I'll post it when it's ready...

Also feel free to gather any more friends/family! :mmm:
Guys, I don't mind organising this, as long as we all can try and commit...I'll ask for a separate thread so we can organise this...

I'll be able to commit to a few evenings a week - particularily on weekends :smile: I might be going on holiday for a week which would obvs effect my commitment!
Original post by Angry cucumber
I'll be able to commit to a few evenings a week - particularily on weekends :smile: I might be going on holiday for a week which would obvs effect my commitment!

I imagine that would be fine, seeing as we probably won't play EVERY night and the game can continue regardless anyway, if you left some good tactics, say.

The mod hasn't replied to me yet, I think I might just carry on and make the thread in a bit.
Does anyone know any cheap forwards and DM's for about a million? In my everton save (just got the game after exams were done) i'm in January, and 9th in the table after i went on a 9 game winless streak. My team lines up like this:

Howard
Bellusci Heitinga Jagielka Baines
Wanyama Gibson
Osman
Barkley/Coleman Pienaar
Jelavic

Had to sell Fellaini (£24 million to PSG) and Mirallas (£6 million to Reading) so need some improvements. Any help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cheetahs56
Does anyone know any cheap forwards and DM's for about a million? In my everton save (just got the game after exams were done) i'm in January, and 9th in the table after i went on a 9 game winless streak. My team lines up like this:

Howard
Wanyama Gibson
Osman
Barkley/Coleman Pienaar
Jelavic

Had to sell Fellaini (£24 million to PSG) and Mirallas (£6 million to Reading) so need some improvements. Any help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just some ideas...
Nicklas Helenius
Roysten Drenthe
Spas Delev
Oscar Hiljemark

I have the last 3 on my AZ save, who aren't too far off Everton's standard.
Problem with Drenthe, as you may know, is his attitude, watch him, but when he's in a good mood he'll win you the game single-handedly...how realistic too! :biggrin:

Howard
Wanyama Gibson
Osman
Barkley/Coleman Pienaar
Jelavic

Posted from TSR Mobile

I second the Helenius vote he is class.

On a side note in my save benteke has been crap all season and now hes just got 4 against 2nd placed spurs who battered me 6-2 in the previous fixture :dontknow:

Edit: lmfao my january bank breaker douglas costa has just scored 2 free kicks 30yards out from the same spot against chelsea away... I thought i hit replay, it hit the near post, same animations and everything haha i love how the game is now acting faulty to enefit me :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1989

Yeah I can definitely commit to it. Couple of hours a night is sound. After my exams my life shall just be filled with FM, Minecraft and BF3 :redface:
First season shocks:
No CL for man utd.
Everton relegated.
Villa finish 9th... What a turn around from december, probably my most enjoyable fm season :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just some ideas...
Nicklas Helenius
Roysten Drenthe
Spas Delev
Oscar Hiljemark

I have the last 3 on my AZ save, who aren't too far off Everton's standard.
Problem with Drenthe, as you may know, is his attitude, watch him, but when he's in a good mood he'll win you the game single-handedly...how realistic too! :biggrin:

Original post by Nvmthename
I second the Helenius vote he is class.

On a side note in my save benteke has been crap all season and now hes just got 4 against 2nd placed spurs who battered me 6-2 in the previous fixture :dontknow:

Edit: lmfao my january bank breaker douglas costa has just scored 2 free kicks 30yards out from the same spot against chelsea away... I thought i hit replay, it hit the near post, same animations and everything haha i love how the game is now acting faulty to enefit me :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers guys will bid for them next time i'm on:smile:

Original post by Nvmthename
First season shocks:
No CL for man utd.
Everton relegated.
Villa finish 9th... What a turn around from december, probably my most enjoyable fm season :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, my shocks:
Arsenal in relegation zone
Tottenham lead title race by 13 points
Reading in 5th
Norwich in 6th
Man United in 4th

Mcdermott then proceeded to resign from Reading to sign for Fulham (15th placed Fulham) :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deyesy
Yeah I can definitely commit to it. Couple of hours a night is sound. After my exams my life shall just be filled with FM, Minecraft and BF3 :redface:

Great. Hopefully I can get something done by next week, depending on members and then we can discuss times, dates, which league, etc... :h:
Network games are very fun...I just hope everyone can commit!! :biggrin:

Cheers guys will bid for them next time i'm on:smile:Posted from TSR Mobile

:h:

Cheetah, you're a regular, would you like to join the network game? :holmes:
Cheers guys will bid for them next time i'm on:smile:

Haha, my shocks:
Arsenal in relegation zone
Tottenham lead title race by 13 points
Reading in 5th
Norwich in 6th
Man United in 4th

Mcdermott then proceeded to resign from Reading to sign for Fulham (15th placed Fulham) :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reading and norwich have good strike forces thats why :biggrin:.

Speaking of which, if you need a brave grant holt type player look at Pierre-Michel Lasogga, he goes for cheap and is so effective.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:h:

Cheetah, you're a regular, would you like to join the network game? :holmes:

When do you guys play, and at what time? Would love to if i can commit:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What a Confederations Cup that was. England finally host the World Cup again, in 2030 (and thus 2029 Confed. Cup), but have the luck of it being the worst England side in history. They didn't qualify for the last World Cup, and in the last Euros they were knocked out after 3-0s and 4-0s at the group stage against Sweden, Northern Ireland and someone else.

To top it off they drew the group of death in the Confed. Cup.

First match was against Australia, lost 3-1 (at home as well, remember). Then in the next match against the European champions (Poland), they battered them 5-0! :eek: Da*** did that come from?! Then England faced the world champs (Austria), needing a win, or a draw and help in the other fixture. They drew 2-2 and qualified to face Group B and Copa America winners Argentina. Lost 1-0. In the 3rd place Playoff against Gold Cup winners Mexico, they drew 3-3. Of course, they lost on penalties without scoring a single one. Austria won the whole thing I think.

Perhaps there is hope for a good campaign after all.
Just got this on my iPod - is it any good?
Original post by TH3-FL45H

Addicting as hell, but prone to occasional bull**** moments, and damn it pisses you off!:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H

On the iPod it's crap, on a PC it's the most addictive game I play.
Just had Everton only survive on goal difference following Moyes leaving! Doesn't bode well for them..

Chamakh also finished top goal scorer whilst on loan at West Ham and got a move to Liverpool!

Only on FM!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest