The Student Room Group

Football Manager Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
He became a club icon, sold him for 10 mil to rangers. He could have honestly stayed but I had a potential club legend(who became a club legend after winning the title) Griffiths wasn't exciting, but the guy sure liked his hattricks. Never got less than 20 league goals a season for me, even in the prem.

Even when he went off to Udinese him and Di Natale had a good partnership the season he joined they finished 2nd and won the Europa League and he won the golden boot. I was quite surprised I was thinking he wasn't capable of it, I wonder how he'll be in FM13. I'll be starting my new save with Borussia Dortmund :smile:
Reply 781
Is Griffiths actually still any good, though? He's been a monster for a couple of years but in the final patch for FM12 his stats were nerfed quite heavily...
His CA dropped from 111 to 105 and a number of his key stats dropped by 2-3 points. I haven't seen what he's like in FM13, and I know in older games he's still a bit of a beast, but they practically chopped his head off in the last FM12 patch, he just became so average :sad:
Original post by Dalimyr
Is Griffiths actually still any good, though? He's been a monster for a couple of years but in the final patch for FM12 his stats were nerfed quite heavily...
His CA dropped from 111 to 105 and a number of his key stats dropped by 2-3 points. I haven't seen what he's like in FM13, and I know in older games he's still a bit of a beast, but they practically chopped his head off in the last FM12 patch, he just became so average :sad:

picked up a bit now for Hibs, 9 goals in 8 games or something like that. Great player but shame his personality lets him down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Near the end of the second season in my Utd save - won the league by 10 points, and am facing Chelsea in the CL final - I beat Valencia, Benfica and Real to get there. The Madrid tie was close until Ronaldo got sent off. Rooney will miss the final due to suspension.
Don't you just get annoyed of the complainers on SI/FMBase forums it's like it's difficult to please people, somebody even said this is the worse FM he's every played :s.
Reply 785
FM Base is a terrible forum.
Reply 786
Original post by Kruz
Don't you just get annoyed of the complainers on SI/FMBase forums it's like it's difficult to please people, somebody even said this is the worse FM he's every played :s.
That sort of comment comes up every year, and is often just not worth wasting any time over as they're a) never going to go into detail about why they think it's so bad and/or b) they're just trolling. Speaking as a wannabe developer myself, in the eyes of the SI devs there should be no issue for them about receiving complaints, but it's always better for those complaints to be worded in the form of constructive criticism as opposed to just "This is teh suxx0rz. **** SI" which doesn't really help anyone. Particularly those who do it on SI's official forums where all the devs have a greater likelihood of reading their comments, the devs will be quite happy to take constructive feedback on board and try to address any specific issues highlighted, but random outbursts about hating the game without explaining why is just stupid :sadnod:
Original post by Dalimyr
That sort of comment comes up every year, and is often just not worth wasting any time over as they're a) never going to go into detail about why they think it's so bad and/or b) they're just trolling. Speaking as a wannabe developer myself, in the eyes of the SI devs there should be no issue for them about receiving complaints, but it's always better for those complaints to be worded in the form of constructive criticism as opposed to just "This is teh suxx0rz. **** SI" which doesn't really help anyone. Particularly those who do it on SI's official forums where all the devs have a greater likelihood of reading their comments, the devs will be quite happy to take constructive feedback on board and try to address any specific issues highlighted, but random outbursts about hating the game without explaining why is just stupid :sadnod:

Yeah true you've pretty much hit the nail on the head, it's just annoying Miles and his batch particularly work hard every year.
Hmm, I thought there was supposed to be the option to bring your team on a training camp during preseason? Finding it incredibly difficult to arrange tours in the far east and Africa - teams are unavailable or too busy.

Beat Chelsea 2-1 to win the CL for the second year running. Giggs, Ferdinand and Scholes have retired, the latter staying on in a coaching capacity. Rio wanted £30k/wk to become a coach. I sold Anderson and Lindegaard for a combined £12m, and brought in Montoya and Eriksen on free transfers.
quick tip for anyone playing the beta who wants a top quality striker on a free at the start of their 2nd season:

Fernando Llorente of Athletic in Spain has his contract end in June 2013 and if you approach him in January you can get him then for a reasonable contract if you have a good team, most clubs in the top 6 of major European leagues should be looking at him :smile: signed him for United myself and sold Hernandez to Madrid for £20m :biggrin: superb transfer business!
I'm find the training quite difficult to grasp, looks the days of download Training files are long gone.
Reply 792
Not wanting to start a 'proper' new game with the full release tonight, I decided to try out international management. I picked a very unorthodox squad for my first friendly (the likes of Hart, Gerrard and Walcott all missing, replaced with guys like Alex Smithies, Johnnie Jackson (Charlton midfielder) and Rickie Lambert) and got a few dodgy comments from the press...but having seen international call-ups in the beta already, I knew to expect that sort of thing...

But a few days before the friendly against Turkey, Kevin Nolan got injured and I had to pick a replacement. I was a bit confused as I had the option to speak to Nolan about the injury, which I'd never seen before, so I tried it. Starts off with "Hello, Kevin Nolan speaking?" (so it's hinting the chat's all done over the phone), then a few messages asking how the injury is and wishing him well with his recovery, then he asked if the injury might affect his chances of being called up to the team in the future, where I was given the option of saying "You'll have to return to full fitness then we'll see" or a line that's along the lines of "Ah, it's not that bad, just badly timed. You'll be back in the squad when you're fit, no problem."

Bit random, but seems a rather nice inclusion :smile:
Original post by Dalimyr
Not wanting to start a 'proper' new game with the full release tonight, I decided to try out international management. I picked a very unorthodox squad for my first friendly (the likes of Hart, Gerrard and Walcott all missing, replaced with guys like Alex Smithies, Johnnie Jackson (Charlton midfielder) and Rickie Lambert) and got a few dodgy comments from the press...but having seen international call-ups in the beta already, I knew to expect that sort of thing...

But a few days before the friendly against Turkey, Kevin Nolan got injured and I had to pick a replacement. I was a bit confused as I had the option to speak to Nolan about the injury, which I'd never seen before, so I tried it. Starts off with "Hello, Kevin Nolan speaking?" (so it's hinting the chat's all done over the phone), then a few messages asking how the injury is and wishing him well with his recovery, then he asked if the injury might affect his chances of being called up to the team in the future, where I was given the option of saying "You'll have to return to full fitness then we'll see" or a line that's along the lines of "Ah, it's not that bad, just badly timed. You'll be back in the squad when you're fit, no problem."

Bit random, but seems a rather nice inclusion :smile:

Smithies is a legend for me on FM, singed him for United in 2010 and 2011 games and developed him into a decent no 1 keeper (understudy to Van Der Sar initially then to other experienced goalkeepers if VDS retired early on), it's good to get some youngsters in for international teams as well :smile:

cool, not seen that before, can't wait for the full release tonight, especially the editor being back, can have a bit of fun with that and sort out some little player history things that just look bad atm lol
Reply 794
On such a bad run of form right now, last 9 matches: L5 D3 W1. The win was against BATE in the CL when i'd already qualified for the first round. Just lost 2-0 to Wigan at home, ****ing fustrating. useless ***** :frown:

And now a 2-0 loss to West Ham. FANTASTIC. :angry:
(edited 11 years ago)
It has arrived! :woohoo:

I presume there'll be the usual patch before we can play the full game.

Once again in my Utd save I have lost sponsorship deals, one worth £20m. :lolwut: This despite winning two CLs in a row.
I've just got my laptop back from the shop, I've added 200GB unto my hard drive, so I can run more leagues :smile:. I've also preserved my copy at Gamestation so literally after sixth form I can go pick it up, but I'm going to try and pull a sickie tomorrow :colone:.
Original post by Kruz
I've just got my laptop back from the shop, I've added 200GB unto my hard drive, so I can run more leagues :smile:. I've also preserved my copy at Gamestation so literally after sixth form I can go pick it up, but I'm going to try and pull a sickie tomorrow :colone:.

how many leagues do you run normally?

I normally run all of them but only England (all), Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Holland, Portugal and Russia (top league only) playable :smile: oh and usually Argentina and Brazil top leagues too

my PC can handle more but it slows it down too much if you go too far beyond the above in terms of playable leagues.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SciFiRory
how many leagues do you run normally?

I normally run all of them but only England (all), Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Holland, Portugal and Russia (top league only) playable :smile: oh and usually Argentina and Brazil top leagues too

my PC can handle more but it slows it down too much if you go too far beyond the above in terms of playable leagues.

I run some of the leagues you mentioned above, I also run the South African League and a few Eastern European ones. I like variety in choice of players.
Sold Pienaar. I'll miss him but he's 33 and has 9 acc/ 11 pace and the pace I play at can't accommodate it. That and Barkley is probably better than him now.

Offered England job. My career at Everton has really not justified it tbh. I've not done any better than Moyes in terms of results and only in two seasons.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest