The Student Room Group

Football Manager Society III

Scroll to see replies

So am I missing much with FM 2013? I haven't played FM since August and probably won't now for another two or three years.
Reply 981
Dunno about FM12 and FM13 but certainly in FM11 Matias Ezequiel Schelotto of Altalanta is 8055. Picked him up on a Bosman at the end of 2011/12 and he's become an absolute monster while playing RW, scoring as often as the CFs. Had the highest average rating of any player during his first season with the club while only 22 years old, this with a team that has Mats Hummels, Mateo Musacchio (total boss young CB), Wesley Sneijder, Esteban Cambiasso, Giuseppe Rossi, Luis Suarez, Diego Milito...

Also got Suarez for a cut price of 5.5M despite having two and a half years left on his contract, chuffed to bits about that bit of business. :awesome:
I sign Sidnei Lobo as my assman whenever possible. He has been nerfed a little this year but he is still really good and is only 40ish so he can be your assman for years. He improves a lot too.
Original post by The Baron
I sign Sidnei Lobo as my assman whenever possible. He has been nerfed a little this year but he is still really good and is only 40ish so he can be your assman for years. He improves a lot too.

that's an unfortunate abbreviation you used there :tongue:
Could someone tell me the point of the social media integration into the game? When can I actually use it?
Original post by Stramala
Dunno about FM12 and FM13 but certainly in FM11 Matias Ezequiel Schelotto of Altalanta is 8055. Picked him up on a Bosman at the end of 2011/12 and he's become an absolute monster while playing RW, scoring as often as the CFs. Had the highest average rating of any player during his first season with the club while only 22 years old, this with a team that has Mats Hummels, Mateo Musacchio (total boss young CB), Wesley Sneijder, Esteban Cambiasso, Giuseppe Rossi, Luis Suarez, Diego Milito...

Also got Suarez for a cut price of 5.5M despite having two and a half years left on his contract, chuffed to bits about that bit of business. :awesome:

Schelotto is such a beast in the game. I dunno about 13 but he was a beast at 12. He went to granada in the game, he was the sole reason why they were a bogey team to my real sociedad team.
League Table FM 1.jpg

How's everyone doing on FM13?

The attached picture is the league table and this is my first season and my first FM infact.

Think I'm doing good to say I was predicted 18th! Only a few games left, gonna be a hell of a push!

Oh and thanks to the dude (*girl :P) who told me to get FM (Dalimyr?)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 987
Original post by I.am.bored
League Table FM 1.jpg

How's everyone doing on FM13?

The attached picture is the league table and this is my first season and my first FM infact.

Think I'm doing good to say I was predicted 18th! Only a few games left, gonna be a hell of a push!

Oh and thanks to the dude who told me to get FM (Dalimyr?)

Girl* and well done! Not bad for a first season. Is that 12 or 13? Where are Fleetwood if it is 13?
Original post by Peachz
Girl* and well done! Not bad for a first season. Is that 12 or 13? Where are Fleetwood if it is 13?

Yeah it's 13! Fleetwood are 21st despite taking 4 points off me this season!

Strange..
Reply 989
I did? I don't remember that :p: Then again, my short-term memory's rubbish :biggrin:
Original post by Dalimyr
I did? I don't remember that :p: Then again, my short-term memory's rubbish :biggrin:

I couldn't decide if I should get FIFA or FM... you showed me the light! :eek:
Reply 991
FM 2012 - Beating AC Milan with Ajax 4-0 will go down as one of my life's greatest achievements. :sogood:
Reply 992
Yeah it's 13! Fleetwood are 21st despite taking 4 points off me this season!

Strange..

Weird, I got them promoted first season and they're media predicted as 7th or maybe 17th.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Peachz
Weird, I got them promoted first season and they're media predicted as 7th or maybe 17th.

Sure they're 7th in predictions..

But they have Youl Mawene! <3 Preston North End legend!

Are you still in League 1 with them?
Reply 994
Sure they're 7th in predictions..

But they have Youl Mawene! <3 Preston North End legend!

Are you still in League 1 with them?

Yes since I got them promoted I haven't played much. Have so much university work at the moment.

Original post by Peachz
Yes since I got them promoted I haven't played much. Have so much university work at the moment.

So do I but lets just neglect that fact!

I'm gonna miss out on League 1 I think. 3 games left and 6 points behind the last automatic spot! But my best 2 CB's are injured! Least I've hit the play-offs.
Reply 996
How do u guys stay motivated to play fm 2013? After playing the game for a while, it just gets a bit repetitive and stale...

How do you mix things up?
Original post by gunit123
How do u guys stay motivated to play fm 2013? After playing the game for a while, it just gets a bit repetitive and stale...

How do you mix things up?

Face your mates maybe? I quite like FM 2012. Try doing an online save with loads of your mates in a league or something. I think that'll be pretty cool. I'm gonna do that when I buy 13.

Atm I go my mates house to play 13, just started a sevilla save and my mate is atletico. Reckon I can win the league in my first season. I swapped negredo for baba as negredo didn't fit in my system, didn't have the pace for the counter attacking system of navas, reyes, trowchowski.

Might look at diego castro as he usually was a great versatile guy to have in my save as he could dribble and play on both flanks in fm11. Need another playbreaking DM. Someone like lorik cana, or I might look at some guy in my old ausburg save, think it's either stefan langkamp or jan callsen-bracker.
Original post by TM94
FM 2012 - Beating AC Milan with Ajax 4-0 will go down as one of my life's greatest achievements. :sogood:

Mine, without doubt, is this game against Barca. I was 2-1 down going into the CL SF second leg. Cavani is by far the best player on the planet, he absolutely tore apart a full strength Barca. :coma: He scored 91 in 52 games that season. :coma:

The other 2 pics are from the same career, but show how ridiculously close me and Juve have been over the last 2 seasons in particular. In the 15/16 season, it went down to head to head, which I won by 1 goal (won 3-1 at home, lost 2-1 away), otherwise Juve would have won on goal difference. The 16/17 season, I had the head to head over Juve, but he nicked it by a point.

Is such an epic network game tbh. :sogood:

P.S. In the 16/17 pic, look at the bottom of the table. :teehee:
(edited 11 years ago)
On my first season of FM13 with Arsenal, and I am 1 point away from City who are in first place, with 6 games left! Knocked out of the Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup but in UEFA Cup semi finals! Bought Bender, Ba and Baines (the best Bs :wink: ) and a load of incredible young strikers. I can seem to score lots, only problem is my defence can be so leaky! Wingers seem to destroy my team.

My usual formation is:

Szczeny
Sagna - Mertesacker - Vermaelan - Baines
Bender - Arteta
Walcott/OX - Wilshere - Podolski/Cazorla
Ba

Also Jenkinson did so well when Sagna started the season injured, getting 10 assists and keeping Sagna out of the team for a good few months when he was fit!

Quick Reply

Latest