The Student Room Group

Football Manager Society III

Scroll to see replies

67849_390674717680630_1356840670_n.jpg

Wow, the transfer budget might be increased due to a massive increase in ticket sales. :wink:
Reply 1181
Doing a single season with Arsenal as a challenge against my mate, he doesn't think I can win the league with them. (FM13 BTW). It's mid november and I am fourth, I keep drawing games which is irritating and Cazorla has been absolutely shocking. Hoping I can power on through to the title. Easily qualified from Champion's League, had Schalke, Juventus and Galatasaray in my group.
Lost on penalties to AC milan after a 2-2 draw :angry:
my reserve keeper was on midway as my main keeper was injured, so like football manager likes to do he conceded the sloppiest second goal. I then came back to take it to extra time(powers of recovery) and then kept it to a draw, finding out my penalty takers had a maximum of 12 :facepalm2: so obviously I lost with a **** keeper and **** penalty takers.

Oh well, I'll be in the super cup next year, time to win the CL.
Reply 1183
just curious, do staff ever die or do they retire first?
Reply 1184
FM13 is pissing me off at the minute.
I've had a few games where I've been winning comfortably but then absolutely ridiculous mistakes/glitches happen to make me lose or draw.
e.g. Keeper kicks it 5 yards to the striker, keeper completely misses the ball when trying to smother it etc.

Just stupid glitches that never ever should happen.
:facepalm2::facepalm::facepalm2::facepalm::facepalm2::facepalm::facepalm2::facepalm::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2:
I did a man united in the champions league and managed to get knocked out of a piss easy group. Schalke(who are 10th) where my biggest threat and I managed to lose to ****ing PSV.
:facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2:

Anyway looks like my aims for the season will be the league and the FA cup. I don't give any form of a **** about europa since I won it the previous season so I'm gonna give my youngsters a run out in it.

Anyway I'm 7 points behind city with a game in hand.
Reply 1186
With Aberdeen, to get into Europe for definite I need to beat Celtic, I'm 1-0 up quite comfortable until the 87th minute where they go on and score two! Now I need to win my last game and hope St Mirren lose!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody notice that there is a frequent amount of own goals being scored on fm13. Pretty annoying
Original post by Jamiesonn
Anybody notice that there is a frequent amount of own goals being scored on fm13. Pretty annoying

I always thought there was a lot of own goals on FM12 too. Along with an unusually high number of bald regens.
Original post by Aramiss18
I always thought there was a lot of own goals on FM12 too. Along with an unusually high number of bald regens.

Noticed this also. A lot of 16 year old Cambiassos
laptop im using won't run FM13 so playing FM10 for a bit, anyone got any ideas for teams to manage on it? which teams histories should I seek to reshape...
Original post by Aramiss18

I have a cracking bald regen :biggrin:

But yeah, how many 16 year olds are actually bald :confused:

Had a good FM12 session last night. [Villa] really on the up since I brought in a new formation, scoring for fun. Managed to beat a Man City side with Aguero, Messi, Hamsik, Kompany, Rafael, Hazard, Hart and Dzeko 5-0 at home. I then had an away game against a Chelsea side (Who have declined a fair bit but are back on the up) and lost 7-0. I was undefeated until this point. Strange as Man City are a lot better than Chelsea, and I'm somewhat in the middle. Hopefully that loss won't have too bad an effect on the players...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SciFiRory
laptop im using won't run FM13 so playing FM10 for a bit, anyone got any ideas for teams to manage on it? which teams histories should I seek to reshape...

Southampton.
Still only playing 2011 version. Onto my 14/15th season with Newcastle

Won the premier league 5 times in a row,

Last season won the Premier League, FA Cup, Club World Cup & Champions League.

Went through the whole season unbeaten, Got a scare last game of season against Runners Up Arsenal. 1 nil down but scored an equalizer on 89 minutes lol.

Got beat in the damn League Cup to deny winning it for the 8th successive year.

Never spent more than £20m on a player too, Been bringing up raw talent and making them into gems or selling them on at huge profit. Also never pay over £150k a week to players (Except my superstar Fabao who is the best striker ive ever had) If they demand more money than that & they refuse lower wages, I sell them. Despite how important they are.
Original post by jackf1337
I have a cracking bald regen :biggrin:

But yeah, how many 16 year olds are actually bald :confused:

Had a good FM12 session last night. [Villa] really on the up since I brought in a new formation, scoring for fun. Managed to beat a Man City side with Aguero, Messi, Hamsik, Kompany, Rafael, Hazard, Hart and Dzeko 5-0 at home. I then had an away game against a Chelsea side (Who have declined a fair bit but are back on the up) and lost 7-0. I was undefeated until this point. Strange as Man City are a lot better than Chelsea, and I'm somewhat in the middle. Hopefully that loss won't have too bad an effect on the players...

Meh, I get used to this. I lost 6-1 to liverpool and then beat man united 5-0 the next week. In the reverse fixture vs liverpool in the season I beat them 6-0 :lol:
Original post by Vintage
Still only playing 2011 version. Onto my 14/15th season with Newcastle

Won the premier league 5 times in a row,

Last season won the Premier League, FA Cup, Club World Cup & Champions League.

Went through the whole season unbeaten, Got a scare last game of season against Runners Up Arsenal. 1 nil down but scored an equalizer on 89 minutes lol.

Got beat in the damn League Cup to deny winning it for the 8th successive year.

Never spent more than £20m on a player too, Been bringing up raw talent and making them into gems or selling them on at huge profit. Also never pay over £150k a week to players (Except my superstar Fabao who is the best striker ive ever had) If they demand more money than that & they refuse lower wages, I sell them. Despite how important they are.

I'm similar. That was what I did at my chelsea save, I'm doing more restrictions with hull though.
I don't pay more than 100k(bar 1 guy who's 31 and I have sentimental value with him as he was with me since the championship and stayed until I won the title despite real madrid and the likes sniffing about and he's on 135k:smile:)
I haven't payed more than 10million for a player too. If I kept onto all my key players I would easily power on from title to title but I want to be self sustainable. I have a new stadium now though so I should be much better in the financial market.

Oh and my aim is to get all my players come from the youth squad(the barcelona project)

I've won 2 prem titles in 6 years, came runners up the 2 years before my first title as well, won the league cup twice and won the europa league last year.
Reply 1196
So, end of the January transfer window, brought in Hamsik and Falcao for 45m for the pair which isn't bad to be honest! Especially since I am only playing a single season with them. Hoping that they can give us the push and close the gap on United. United seem so strong on the game, they don't have the defensive vulnerabilities they do in real life. I'm currently just 3rd I think, about 6-8 points behind 1st.
Original post by jam277
I'm similar. That was what I did at my chelsea save, I'm doing more restrictions with hull though.
I don't pay more than 100k(bar 1 guy who's 31 and I have sentimental value with him as he was with me since the championship and stayed until I won the title despite real madrid and the likes sniffing about and he's on 135k:smile:)
I haven't payed more than 10million for a player too. If I kept onto all my key players I would easily power on from title to title but I want to be self sustainable. I have a new stadium now though so I should be much better in the financial market.

Oh and my aim is to get all my players come from the youth squad(the barcelona project)

I've won 2 prem titles in 6 years, came runners up the 2 years before my first title as well, won the league cup twice and won the europa league last year.

Nice going. I'm trying to do that with Newcastle but i make a small loss each season.. Although i've only just become ruthless with the contracts. I had Andy Carroll still and hes 35. He was on 110k a week but for an extension (Sentimental again) he accepted 43k a week.

I have about 17 players that i loan out each season. I have loads of prospects my scouts find and i sign for 1-2million. But clubs only pay 50% of wages. Along with my core squad of 25/26 who are on 50-70k average. Alot of wages are spent. I get sentimental to my players ive brought up that i'd rather loan them out rather than sell.. This is changing though.

Im still at St James' Park. They increased it to 60k but they won't expand or build a new stadium despite getting 60k week in week out. Also my youth centre is top notch but rarely brings out top class youth to keep me at the top of the league. :frown:
Original post by jam277
Southampton.

I can hardly do much better with them then they have done IRL though can I? :tongue: plus they are -10 points in League One, not quite sure I want to give myself that big a challenge first time playing this game in like 2 years lol

might give Forrest a go, see if I can recreate their glory days
Original post by SciFiRory
I can hardly do much better with them then they have done IRL though can I? :tongue: plus they are -10 points in League One, not quite sure I want to give myself that big a challenge first time playing this game in like 2 years lol

might give Forrest a go, see if I can recreate their glory days

Meh, wasn't a problem with me. I got 92 points with southampton and came second in my first season in league one(this is FM 10 if I remember correctly). They have the strongest team in league one by far as well.

Erm there's always leeds, reading and others.

Quick Reply

Latest