The Student Room Group

If your life was condensed into a book, would you read it or not?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
My life is about as depressing as The Perks of Being a Wallflower so I'd have to be in the right mood for it!
Hmm, i'd read the short summary on the back of the book and if I liked it, then sure. However, I don't know what happens in my entire life so I couldn't honestly answer the question.
If I were to read a book on my life so far, probably not.
Original post by Ra Ra
Nope. Even in the hands of a brilliant writer it would still be ****ing boring.

1994 - was born
1998 - won a Tots TV colouring competition
2011 - joined TSR

etc.

Oh man. When I was 3/4, my mum took a photograph of me SURROUNDED by loads of Tots TV toys and books etc, sent it in to the magazine and I won a Tots TV video.

A few years later I won some teddies from the Rugrats magazine for some drawing I did.

Except for beating the Elite Four a handful of times, those are some of my greatest achievements.
Also, no, I would not read it. Too much boring stuff, awkward teenage angst and the obvious foreshadowing of bad times. It would not be an enjoyable read.
Reply 43
Original post by HollyB_C
Absolutely not. I couldn't think of anything worse.

Haha this.
No seriously with the skills of a good author, it could be interesting, especially my childhood years, as a lot of stuff happened. But as an introvert, my life is inside my head and if it was made into a book, people would think "what the hell? this story has no plot".
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
Lol My teenage years would be pretty repetitive. Wakes up, eats, does a ****, masturbates, watches tv, eats, goes to bed and so on for 6 chapters.

This has made my evening :biggrin:

But no, I probably wouldn't read it-Or if I had to, just skip to the good bits :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Ra Ra
Nope. Even in the hands of a brilliant writer it would still be ****ing boring.

1994 - was born
1998 - won a Tots TV colouring competition
2011 - joined TSR

etc.

And then...

2012 - married Juichiro :colondollar:

That would be the best chapter of the book.
Depends.

If it was written in the first person then no. I have quite literally seen it all before.

If it was written in the third person then it would be quite interesting (if pretty self-centred and probably crushing at times), especially if each chapter was written from the point of view of a different person who knew me...

I think I'd only read it if it had extensive coverage of my dreams (I forget most of them), my early childhood (I forgot most of it) and any drunken adventures (I for... well yeah. Obvious really.)
My life would probably make a good sitcom
yes. I've been looking for a cure for my insomnia.
Reply 49
I'd read it, up until now.
It would be pretty depressing but worth a read.
Nope, I would not want to go back to some of the things in my past. I'd rather move on and remember all the good things.
But it would be funny when the book mentions you were reading it :lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 52
God no. So many pages of "got up at 3, played ps3 all day, went to bed at 3".
Reply 53
i'd make a pretty boring book. The most interesting thing that happened to me was when i was 4 years old and i curiously stuck my finger in the wheel of a bike where it then got stuck. I had the whole street trying to get my finger out indeed i was a stupid child. Also the time where i ironed a plastic tesco bag which then ruined the iron :/
Reply 54
and then he ventured into the unknown reality. who wouldve thought this life could be comparable to a black hole. every avenue was dead. even the streets were dead. And there he lay miserable on the park bench with a fag and stella eagerly awaiting jsa payment.
Reply 55
Original post by sliceofcake
Oh man. When I was 3/4, my mum took a photograph of me SURROUNDED by loads of Tots TV toys and books etc, sent it in to the magazine and I won a Tots TV video.

A few years later I won some teddies from the Rugrats magazine for some drawing I did.

Except for beating the Elite Four a handful of times, those are some of my greatest achievements.

I won a Tots TV lunchbox. I found it a few years ago; there were loads of earwigs inside it (:confused:). I screamed, threw it somewhere and I haven't seen it since.

Still, I'm pretty proud of it :biggrin:

Original post by Juichiro
And then...

2012 - married Juichiro :colondollar:

That would be the best chapter of the book.

:yep:
Reply 56
I don't think I would haha, at least, not at the moment. :redface:

Interesting concept, but my life is pretty dull! :erm:

In all honesty, I genuinely think my 20's will be better than my teenage years, because I'll finally be living life with independence. Not living at home/at school everyday/stressing over silly things like how I look/relationships etc etc. I think I'll be more mature/goal-orientated.

I think it would be pretty interesting to have one by the time I'm in my 90s though. However, it would most likely resemble Bridget Jones' Diary. :facepalm:
I would probably read it over, adding personal narrations as well on top between points
Reply 58
Original post by >Untitled<
YES. You might as well stick this picture in mine and have it cover a good few chapters:

lol. That picture alone could be a chapter on its own.
what an interesting question... :smile: I guess I would, I mean, it'd be interesting to read it from someone else's perspective too...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending