The Student Room Group

How fast is your internet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ashtoreth
i hate u:mad:

my internet is delivered to me by mice that have clearly stopped peddling. speed? i'm just grateful to get online from time to time:s-smilie:

:tongue:

You should upgrade:wink:

How do you watch videos haha
Original post by onda
:tongue:

You should upgrade:wink:

How do you watch videos haha

*spits feathers* i just moved and i looked into gettin it. i was gutted when i found out it's not avail in my area *sobs*

how do i watch vids? i can't even update my pc atm, cos i can't even get a wireless signal and i don't get my own fixed service until oct! *sobs some more*

i'll be happy to be able to FTP again once i'm back online properly, in the meantime, i'm lookin for replacement meeeces!:mad:
Reply 42
Original post by Blind Ferret
I have 50meg which pretty much means I can download at 25+. I never get 40s. They should advertise this stuff better.

Just because you can on your end doesn't mean the other end lets you.
Reply 43
It's always lower than advertised. Our last flat in London was built in 2007 but according to the BT landline test 5megs is the maximum we could ever get and I think we pay Sky for up to 10. What a joke. I can dl with maybe 330kb there.

Right now at my parents we don't even have broadband and I can dl movies at 600kbps and at speedtest i get 5 megs.

At uni im supposed to have 50megs (which i get on speedtest) but the fastest i ever dl was 8megs.

So all these speedtest things mean ****. They are just good to see your ping if you can't be bothered to ping it via cmd
17.8mb with bt.
Reply 45
6-7Mb/s at the moment with BT.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 46
Original post by Rarrgh
Fast internet... I don't think many people in England know what that is xD

Indeed, maybe my question should have been, how slow is your internet speed?
Reply 47
Original post by Clare~Bear
Indeed, maybe my question should have been, how slow is your internet speed?

So true. A friend of mine gets 1Mb/s which I find to be ridiculous.
Original post by DickDastardly
2004038018.png

Wow, that is an igasmic speed test!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 49
15-20 MB when we pay for 30 MB download, upload is about 2MB. Though there are quite a lot of devices connected and it is wireless so it's not so bad.
4mb/s with bt offering *upto* 20mb

just got virgin media fibre optic at my uni house though, hopefully will be 60mb/s :wink:
You do know your internet never actually reaches speeds as high internet checks make out? :mmm:

Mine is apparently 25mbps, except it takes about 5 mins to download a 1MB file :rolleyes:
Reply 52
8.97mb/s on my iPad with 2 bars of signal (iPad 3- Apple AirPort Extreme 802.11n- Virgin SuperHub as the modem- Virgin Fibre Optic broadband)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App
5mb on my BT Standard

11MB with H+ on my S3 with Orange!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending