The Student Room Group

Jobs for shy people

What are good jobs where you do not have to talk much because you are extremely socially awkward and have a really ugly hard to understand voice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #1
What are good jobs where you do not have to talk much because you are extremely socially awkward and have a really ugly hard to understand voice?

Programming?
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Programming?
i am not good with that or computers lmao crying emojis
i am not good with that or computers lmao crying emojis

What are you good at? Or want to become good at?
Reply 4
What are you good at? Or want to become good at?
I am not good at anything tbh. I wouldn't mind doing the live chat/email customer service on website but I don't want to do it over the phone, at least not a lot
I am not good at anything tbh. I wouldn't mind doing the live chat/email customer service on website but I don't want to do it over the phone, at least not a lot

Ok, so look for customer support jobs along those lines.
Reply 6
Ok, so look for customer support jobs along those lines.
I have but they're hard to find and I don't really know the particular titles or companies for the job
Reply 7
if ur a teen or smth looking for a part time job, ngl ur gonna have to suck it up and find whatever job u can because employment isn't easy to find these days. who knows, maybe u will overcome ur social anxiety once u put urself out there?
Reply 8
Original post by ach00
if ur a teen or smth looking for a part time job, ngl ur gonna have to suck it up and find whatever job u can because employment isn't easy to find these days. who knows, maybe u will overcome ur social anxiety once u put urself out there?
I am 21 lmao I am never gonna change I am so scared for life :frown:
Original post by Anonymous

The first thought I got is a job at the office. And there a lot they can be done there.
Original post by Kallisto
The first thought I got is a job at the office. And there a lot they can be done there.
Do you have any particular job title because all I got is office administrator and receptionist
Do you have any particular job title because all I got is office administrator and receptionist

Jobs with a PC as a required working tool. Programmer is an option, even engineers are working in front of a PC.
You could look at driving jobs either as a delivery driver for fast food or parcels (DPD etc). You could go bigger if prefer and be a bus driver or even a lorry driver if that is something of interest. You don't have to really communicate much in these roles
Original post by scorpion95
You could look at driving jobs either as a delivery driver for fast food or parcels (DPD etc). You could go bigger if prefer and be a bus driver or even a lorry driver if that is something of interest. You don't have to really communicate much in these roles
I cannot drive, I am useless, and I want a higher job
It will be okay! You should try to talk to people at small paces. Even if it's asking a stranger for the time. Small steps are important

AI is taking over that sort of stuff, so I do wonder how much luck you would have with that.

Most companies these days have an email customer service support need. Maybe you can think which companies look fun. Email support will look very different for a financial company than it would for a clothes company. Once you know what kind of company rings your bells, then you know what kind of companies to approach : )

Another idea is running companies social media eg Instagram accounts, facebook, stuff like that.
(edited 1 month ago)

Firstly, it's essential that you change your mindset. I understand it might be challenging, but keep in mind that you're only 21, and there's ample time to navigate through life.

As above, start off with accomplishing something 'small' and gradually build up your confidence.

There must be something you are passionate about?
It’s honestly hard but something like delivery driver
I am not really passionate about anything, if I am I cannot really explain it and talk about it because I have nothing to say. I cannot hold a conversation too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending