The Student Room Group

No Confirmation Letters?

Hi,
Pretty worried now as I have not received a confirmation letter from Ucas or anything from university.

I got my results on the 16th of August and they were higher than I needed them to be. So on Ucas track it says I have an unconditional firm entry into the University of Worcester. I then got an email from Ucas saying that I have a place at Worcester Uni and that I should get a confirmation letter soon (AS12).

It is now the 30th of August and I have no conformation letter from Ucas and no letters or emails from Worcester University. Should I do something?
(edited 11 years ago)
It won't hurt to give them a call. There has been a bank holiday weekend, but time is getting on. Call Ucas in the morning.
Reply 2
The letter may have been lost in the post since I got my letter about 2 days after results day but I'm sure that you have a place because UCAS have sent the email. If you want to be certain I suggest calling up the university just to make sure.
same here.. I've even paid for accommodation but not letters or anything
Reply 4
Should I have got letters/emails from the university or have they forgotten about me?
Reply 5
Yeah I paid the deposit for the accommodation. It says I have a place at an address on the website but I have had no letters or emails about that either.
Are you international ?
because i am ! does that factor in ?
Reply 7
No I live in Derbyshire.
I dont have my confirmation letter yet either XD
Original post by toms94
No I live in Derbyshire.

Almost counts as foreign parts...:tongue: Seriously, give them a call tomorrow. It's not an unreasonable request by this time, but your place won't have gone or anything.
I've not got one either. About the loan or university. I got a declaration letter for my loan to sign, but it looked nothing like any that I've found on here. It had no details about the loan and/or grant sum to be paid. I still have no idea how much it is, I didn't write down what it said on the student finance website. Is there a way to find out?
Other than that I've heard absolutely nothing. Should I be phoning them? I've just been assuming it will come in a couple of days for the last 2 weeks (since I got the unconditional & accepted it on UCAS & the university website).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
You really should have had your letter by now if you are in the UK. I would call and ask for a copy. You can ask UCAS questions online here
https://www.facebook.com/ucasonline

Lightninlew - did you send the declaration letter back? If you did they should send you a letter of award detailing the sums you will get and when. There is also a form to give your University when you register for the Tuition fees to be paid to them. Once this is given to the Uni student finance will release your loan and grant if you are entitled to it.
Log in to your Student finance account and check on there both the stage things are at and how much you should get. Have you put your bank account details in and sent any evidence they requested? Have your parents done their bit? These all need done before you will get your loan.
Phone them if in doubt.
Reply 12
I have got my copy of the Ucas confirmation letter now. But does anyone know when I will get a welcome pack from Worcester uni?
Original post by Mulligan
Lightninlew - did you send the declaration letter back? If you did they should send you a letter of award detailing the sums you will get and when. There is also a form to give your University when you register for the Tuition fees to be paid to them. Once this is given to the Uni student finance will release your loan and grant if you are entitled to it.
Log in to your Student finance account and check on there both the stage things are at and how much you should get. Have you put your bank account details in and sent any evidence they requested? Have your parents done their bit? These all need done before you will get your loan.
Phone them if in doubt.

Well, after having a look on every page on my finance application I found the "view correspondence" link and it turns out I never received one of the letters. It was the ten page one with the declaration on the back. This is why I was so confused by receiving a letter saying I didn't sign it (I'd never seen it before). A few days after sending the signed declaration I actually received the ten page letter about a month late. So now I have the dates that I will receive the payments and they conflict with my accommodation.
Obviously I didn't know when I would get the loan because I've never seen this letter, but I had to book accommodation or they'd have run out by the time I got it. So now I've completed my accommodation booking with IQ (tenancy agreement and all) but they expect payment before I will have it. I have no idea what to do or if there is anything I can do. Had I got that letter in time I would have just booked a later arrival date and all would be well. But now they're expecting 1.4 grand from me which I don't have.

Another page on the finance application that was a little alarming was the one that shows the status of your loans/grants, both of the loans are "blocked". Does this mean they never got my declaration, or is something else wrong?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Do you mean your student finance application?
If the status says blocked I would telephone them to find out what is going on.
Check that have received your signed letter.
Uni accomodation will wait for your loan to come through as they will understand that this happens for most new students. Just let them know the situation and be sure to hand them their part of the letter that tells them they will get the tuition fees.
You must call them though and sort it all out.
Oops, yeah I did mean the finance application. I booked private accommodation (IQ) so I'm not too sure how lenient they'll be. I have sent them an email, but with it being Sunday I doubt they've seen it yet. I'm going to phone them all in the morning and try sort everything out. Hopefully I'm overreacting and it'll all be fine, I'm not that optimistic though. Thanks for the responses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending