The Student Room Group

Medical school re-applying

Is it possible to be accepted by a UK medical school for full 5 year course after dropping out of a previous one?
Reply 1
Original post by Medstudent2233
Is it possible to be accepted by a UK medical school for full 5 year course after dropping out of a previous one?

to be honest with you, i am not too sure, of course this is not an option for everyone, but I know that when my cousin dropped out of Kings he went abroad to study

i suppose it is your best bet to call up the medical schools and see their policy on that.

sorry couldn't offer much advice.
Reply 2
Original post by Zazuwaved
to be honest with you, i am not too sure, of course this is not an option for everyone, but I know that when my cousin dropped out of Kings he went abroad to study

i suppose it is your best bet to call up the medical schools and see their policy on that.

sorry couldn't offer much advice.

why did he drop out?
Reply 3
Original post by Medstudent2233

just wonderign- why did u drop out?
as far as im aware, they dont, but it depends if you had a good reason, although as its so competitive they may not want to take you o n for that reason or worst comes to worst you could try grad entry or you could try abroad?
Reply 4
hey i know this might not be entirely relevent to your question- but i was wondering can you transfer from one med school to another and if so how?

you going to complete the full 5 years again or transfer to another uni to complete the rest of your studies there?
Reply 5
Original post by MedMed12
why did he drop out?

he didnt pass the first year, some family circumstances happened and he difficulty keeping up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by iamwhoiam17
hey i know this might not be entirely relevent to your question- but i was wondering can you transfer from one med school to another and if so how?

you going to complete the full 5 years again or transfer to another uni to complete the rest of your studies there?

nope they dont allow transfers, as every course is different and cover things in different ways and times
Reply 7
Original post by Zazuwaved
he didnt pass the first year, some family circumstances happened and he difficulty keeping up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohhh :frown: sorry to hear that, where is he studying now? dont they let peoplewith circumstances have the option to repeat the year or do summer retakes? :s-smilie:
Reply 8
ohhh :frown: sorry to hear that, where is he studying now? dont they let peoplewith circumstances have the option to repeat the year or do summer retakes? :s-smilie:

tbh i am not sure how it works... although he is studying in sofia, bulgaria right now second yr i think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Nope. I think the consensus amongst medical schools is that if you couldn't hack it at one medical school, then why could you be able to do well at their medical school? Your chances of getting in are beyond slim, they are practically non-existent. Medical schools know how competitive medicine is, and they may want to give someone else a shot at medicine, which is a policy I wholeheartedly agree with.
Reply 10
nope they dont allow transfers, as every course is different and cover things in different ways and times

I did hear somewhere on here that in VERY rare circumstances with a good reason, and a similar course content it has been possible before.
Reply 11
Original post by Sherbet
I did hear somewhere on here that in VERY rare circumstances with a good reason, and a similar course content it has been possible before.

yeah its probably so rare, u may as well consider it isn't an option (unless youre in the situation and its the only chance left u have here) otherwise theres grad entry or abroad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending