Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
ahh yay! finally someone :tongue: you know anyone else whos doing it
Reply 3
Yeahhhh 2 girls ive found on twitter,
whats your facebook/twitter? :biggrin: x
Reply 4
http://www.facebook.com/#!/hannah.green.37 and twitter is hannahgreen_18 :smile::smile:
Reply 5
hi im going to be studying health and social care too
Hi guys, I just wanted to say good luck starting your course in September :smile: I am just about to graduate from Lincoln uni and I did health and social care too. I'm sure you will all love the course as much as I have. The lecturers are brilliant and the work is challenging but really relevant. A word of advice though, dont expect to be able to just walk the course if you dont turn up to lectures. some in our year struggled to grasp that. Your only in a couple of times a week, make the most of the time with the lecturers whilst you can. Three years will go by so so quickly, I know it has for me! Good luck again!
Reply 7
thanks do u recommend any books for the course
Original post by kristinakey88
Hi guys, I just wanted to say good luck starting your course in September :smile: I am just about to graduate from Lincoln uni and I did health and social care too. I'm sure you will all love the course as much as I have. The lecturers are brilliant and the work is challenging but really relevant. A word of advice though, dont expect to be able to just walk the course if you dont turn up to lectures. some in our year struggled to grasp that. Your only in a couple of times a week, make the most of the time with the lecturers whilst you can. Three years will go by so so quickly, I know it has for me! Good luck again!
Dont worry about getting books, they will discuss all that with you when you get there. The books you need vary from module to module. The only book you might want to look into is the one that has been useful for the whole three years doing health and social. It is called: Health Studies: An Introduction by Jennie Naidoo. The ISBN is 978-0230545205. Youll find it on amazon. Word of advice though when you are doing your assignments, use google books!! You can reference straight from their and everything and save you hours of searching through random books. Also at the beginning of your second year buy the book called How To Write a Literature Review in Health and Social Care by Helen Aveyard. It will become your bible from half way through your second your until you finish your third (that book didnt get a mention in my acknowledgements page of my dissertation for nothing :tongue: ) but dont worry youll find out everything you need to know when you get there. Just have fun with uni!!! Its an amazing experience. And one of your lecturers, Julie Burton, is the best there is and you can go to her about anything and she will help. Im now in the process of sorting stuff out for graduation in september :biggrin: so excited!! X
Reply 9
good luck for graduation day, counting down days to start just lost my job so got my kids full time for the hols cant wait
Reply 10
Just starting my 2nd year of Health and Social Care, I'm sure you'll all love the first year and the lecturers are lovely :smile:
I was in, at most, 2 and a half days a week so it is fairly easy going as long as you arrive to the lectures and don't leave studying/assignments until last minute
Reply 11
I'm just starting my 2nd year of level 3 health and social care extended diploma I'm soo nervous !

Posted from TSR Mobile
You'll love it, nothing to be worried about!! They even do a core skills module where you learn about how to write the essay and reports as well as how to reference, do presentations and do research. All in all you'll be fine!! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by hannahgreen19
ahh yay! finally someone :tongue: you know anyone else whos doing it

i am!(:
Original post by hannahgreen19
is anyone doing health and social?? :smile:

Hey im starting health and social care in sept.. just wondering what the timetable you did for the first year. In the info it says 16 hours per week.. is that 3 days 4?? Xxx

Quick Reply

Latest