The Student Room Group

Help on filling in ucas

Hello I have a few questions in filling in the ucas form

First is that I did maths gcse in a June exam got an A and retook in November and got an A*. Would I have to put both down on my ucas??

I got a C on one of my GCSEs I did 3 years early, would I have to put this down??

When writing down my as results do I put the date on the certificate as the date on the ucas form and when putting my modular ums on the other section of the grades should I also put how much it is out of eg 117/200 as not all modules are out of 100 ums?

Also I check the characters for my personal statement on word and somehow when I copy and paste it onto the ucas form it adds 8 characters which is weird and I am unsure of this!
Reply 1
What we were told was put every GCSE ect on it - so this includes resits and the ones you took a while ago.
I think (if i remember rightly) i put my as' down with the date on the certificate.
If you want to put modules down (i dont think you have to) but yeh i'd write it as x/x (shows them how close you were to next grade)
And yeh i dont know why but the word count on word and ucas are different you just have to write it on word get it as best as you can copy and paste into ucas and do little tweeks on there

Hope this helps :smile:
We were told to put every single exam & grade on our form. As for the resit though I'm pretty sure you only have to put the resit grade down as the higher grade is the one that counts when your overall GCSE grade is worked out.
I'm not aware of a way you can put module UMS marks onto the system. I think you can only put module grades. You don't have to declare all your GCSEs if you don't want to. For the resit, you have to put down when it was certificated. If you don't know, put down the date when you received your resit result.
Reply 4
Original post by Aran10

First is that I did maths gcse in a June exam got an A and retook in November and got an A*. Would I have to put both down on my ucas??

I got a C on one of my GCSEs I did 3 years early, would I have to put this down??

When writing down my as results do I put the date on the certificate as the date on the ucas form and when putting my modular ums on the other section of the grades should I also put how much it is out of eg 117/200 as not all modules are out of 100 ums?

Also I check the characters for my personal statement on word and somehow when I copy and paste it onto the ucas form it adds 8 characters which is weird and I am unsure of this!

You put the A* down for Maths in November.

Yeah, you have to put the C down.

You don't need to put in module marks.

Always paste your PS onto the UCAS form, and see what it says there. Don't take notice of the Word count in Microsoft word.
Reply 5
Thanks for the help all! So can i put the ums of each modules in the other section when filling in module grades??
Reply 6
Original post by Aran10
Thanks for the help all! So can i put the ums of each modules in the other section when filling in module grades??

Yeah, if you feel that they are very good.

What did you get?
Reply 7
Original post by Aran10

1. I did a Chemisty module for GCSE retake, the first exam being in year 10 when I got a C, the retake being in year 11 when I got a B (my overall grade was an A). I didn't mention this on my UCAS and there didn't seem to be any problem with it. Your highest grade goes.

2. Do put the C down. You can't pick and chose. With-holding info counts as fraud, and at the end of the day a C is a pass, nothing to be ashamed of.

3. Yes, the date on the certificate is the date you put on the form :smile:

4. I believe UMS is different from the actual mark but not sure. Check with your sixth form or college about this, because I didn't do any modular AS's so I can't tell you from experience :smile:

5. The 8 characters might be the 2 characters a line break takes. The character count is an absolute pain in the arse. Possibly find where you've put a long word and find a shorter synonym along the line. Fancy vocab doesn't help you much anyway, as they like to see straight to the point kind of things. If not just find some other way of cutting it down, like rewording a sentence. UCAS has a mind of it's own, it's best to just go along with it as best you can :smile:

Hope this helped.
Reply 8
Original post by tehforum
Yeah, if you feel that they are very good.

What did you get?

Thank you for the help!

I got 200/200 in economics, 298/300 in physics,
Maths and further maths can swap and change modules so no set grades but got 574/600, 274/300 in chem which I dropped :smile:

Average 98.3% in best 3/4
Reply 9
Original post by Aran10

Maths and further maths can swap and change modules so no set grades but got 574/600, 274/300 in chem which I dropped :smile:

Hi, I'm pretty sure you can only enter your modular grades (e.g. A) into ucas not UMS, but if you have pretty good UMS then you can ask your referee to include it in your reference? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Aran10
Thank you for the help!

Nice!

You can only put your module grade in UCAS though; and your referees will obviously mention what great UMS scores you got anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending