The Student Room Group
Reply 1
For me it was paper one Russia and paper two Britain. I can't be impossible, but incredibly, awfully difficult! Last year people did so badly that an A was 60 something %!
Reply 2
How would you get 100%. I have no trouble getting As, but I've never got 100%. I'd like to get it at AS because it would stand well for A2. My teacher won't give me any advice on it. He says its more Important to get 22/25, than worrying about full marks.
Reply 3
Spend your life reading extra relevant stuff, practise and know everything you have learnt in class. Really, sometimes they add bits that you have barely covered and were told were not important... also, for AS reading extra can be detrimental because you want to put more than is necessary. For me, I have found that it is almost impossible to get 20/20 at A2 but I can get 19/20 and that's good enough. I'm doing better this year than last, and at A2 additional reading helps!
Reply 4
The closest I came was 99/105 and 97/105 - with not a great amount of revision - so i think if your knuckle down and really learn the stuff (as well as practice exam technique) - it is possible - I think the key is consistent analysis throughout the essay(s) - which is quite an easy thing to overlook when under exam pressure!

Agree with the above - its much harder at A2!
Reply 5
I think using Hitorians' opinions would help to gain higher marks. I know it helps with coursework.
Its HARD to gain full marks but not IMPOSSIBLE.
Reply 7
I was reading on the "full marks" thread that some people got 100% for teir entire A level in history!!!!!!:eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending