The Student Room Group

Reading & Leeds 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
For anyone who has been before, what do you reckon is the smallest amount of money I could take and survive on? Considering I'm planning to bring a lot of snacks and dry food type stuff with me
Reply 981
Hi, anyone know where I could get last minute Reading Weekend tickets? Do the official stockists ever get returns that they can sell on or something?
Original post by Xiomara
Hi, anyone know where I could get last minute Reading Weekend tickets? Do the official stockists ever get returns that they can sell on or something?

There's usually people selling them below face value but be aware, there's a lot of scammers out there. I don't think the official stockists get returns or anything.
Reply 983
Original post by Superunknown17
There's usually people selling them below face value but be aware, there's a lot of scammers out there. I don't think the official stockists get returns or anything.

Hey, thanks for the reply. So what, eBay basically? I've been asking around on facebook/twitter but have had no luck as of yet. :frown:
Reply 984
Original post by Wild Nothing
This isn't official but here's a rough guide of when the acts are on http://clashfinder.com/s/lf13/
Eminem and Alt-J seem to clash :frown:

IK!! I think I'll have to go for Eminem though and OMG! Foals are clashing with Imagine dragons!
Original post by Xiomara
Hey, thanks for the reply. So what, eBay basically? I've been asking around on facebook/twitter but have had no luck as of yet. :frown:

Yeah, have a look there, Scarlet Mist and Twickets are also quite good :smile:

Original post by 0range
IK!! I think I'll have to go for Eminem though and OMG! Foals are clashing with Imagine dragons!

Come on, Foals, surely?! :tongue:

My worst clash is Editors and Tribes, really stuck on that one.
Original post by 0range

I'm going for Eminem too, Alt-J will be at festivals next year :smile: I've seen Foals live before, they were incredible!!!!!! Definitely not one to be missed :tongue:
Reply 987
Original post by Superunknown17
Come on, Foals, surely?! :tongue:

My worst clash is Editors and Tribes, really stuck on that one.

I'm going for Eminem too, Alt-J will be at festivals next year :smile: I've seen Foals live before, they were incredible!!!!!! Definitely not one to be missed :tongue:

I know I really want to go watch Foals!! They're like one of my favourite bands ever! but my friends saying he want to go watch Imagine dragons instead :frown:
Original post by Xiomara

I think someone has already mentioned it but follow Twickets on twitter, they often RT people who are selling tickets for face value or below.
Original post by 0range
I know I really want to go watch Foals!! They're like one of my favourite bands ever! but my friends saying he want to go watch Imagine dragons instead :frown:

Make new friends! haha :wink: Hmmm... maybe you could watch half of each?
Reply 990
Make new friends! haha :wink: Hmmm... maybe you could watch half of each?

Haha I was thing of bullying my way into watching Foals! but that is a bit too mean! I think we'll have to go half n half
Reply 991
Also I HIGHLY recommend everyone to go watch MMX! They're not clashing with anyone and are freaking AMAZING!!
Original post by 0range
Haha I was thing of bullying my way into watching Foals! but that is a bit too mean! I think we'll have to go half n half

If you go to Foals first then your friend may really enjoy it and not even mind about missing Imagine Dragons :tongue: The festival is next week, are you excited!?
NO
WHAT
NO
Imagine dragons and Foals clash? FFS. The two sunday bands I most wanted to see.
Happened last year with Proxies and Paramore as well. :colonhash:
Reply 994
If you go to Foals first then your friend may really enjoy it and not even mind about missing Imagine Dragons :tongue: The festival is next week, are you excited!?

I am so excited! but so unprepared at the same time!! I still have to buy a tent, figure out what I need to take, workout how much money I need and so much other stuff!! How about you? Also who are you most looking forward to?
Original post by 0range
I am so excited! but so unprepared at the same time!! I still have to buy a tent, figure out what I need to take, workout how much money I need and so much other stuff!! How about you? Also who are you most looking forward to?

I'm exactly the same, I need to get my tent, train tickets, food, drink etc. :tongue: I cannot wait though, I'm more excited for Leeds than I was for my family holiday. I'm not sure, I think Foals but I'm really excited for Eminem, Peace and Fall Out Boy. I don't really listen to Eminem or Fall Out Boy but I used to when I was younger. How about you? :smile:
Reply 996
How do people know who is exactly clashing right now?

Have they released the final stage times?
Reply 997
Original post by silver79
For anyone who has been before, what do you reckon is the smallest amount of money I could take and survive on? Considering I'm planning to bring a lot of snacks and dry food type stuff with me

I have done a five day festival on less than £30. I took loads of snack type food as well taking my own drinks.

If you intend to buy alcoholic drinks on site the amount you will need will go up dramatically, same with buying a lot of food. If you can get through most of a day on food you bring yourself and just buy an evening meal from the vendors then you won't need to spend a ridiculous amount.
Reply 998
I'm exactly the same, I need to get my tent, train tickets, food, drink etc. :tongue: I cannot wait though, I'm more excited for Leeds than I was for my family holiday. I'm not sure, I think Foals but I'm really excited for Eminem, Peace and Fall Out Boy. I don't really listen to Eminem or Fall Out Boy but I used to when I was younger. How about you? :smile:

I love FOB! especially their new album! (and obv the old stuff :tongue:) Eminem is a must, Foals (potentially) urmm, SOAD, Green day, Nine inch nails, bring me the horizon and Mic righteous
I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting a lot! but still :smile:

Original post by Devel
I have done a five day festival on less than £30. I took loads of snack type food as well taking my own drinks.

If you intend to buy alcoholic drinks on site the amount you will need will go up dramatically, same with buying a lot of food. If you can get through most of a day on food you bring yourself and just buy an evening meal from the vendors then you won't need to spend a ridiculous amount.

Not official but http://clashfinder.com/s/lf13/

Also are you allowed to take alcohol in to the event? If so I'm prob gonna be taking crates of beer, I can imagine them going missing though :frown:
Original post by 0range
I love FOB! especially their new album! (and obv the old stuff :tongue:) Eminem is a must, Foals (potentially) urmm, SOAD, Green day, Nine inch nails, bring me the horizon and Mic righteous
I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting a lot! but still :smile:

Not official but http://clashfinder.com/s/lf13/

Also are you allowed to take alcohol in to the event? If so I'm prob gonna be taking crates of beer, I can imagine them going missing though :frown:

I really like their new album too :biggrin: I'm looking forward to Green Day and SOAD, Green Day's set will be so long!

My friends who went last year said they don't really care about alcohol as long as you're not bringing in glass bottles which is brilliant as we're all underaged. I think me and two friends I'm camping with are bringing a box of wine and some vodka and maybe some lighter stuff so we've got enough to share with other friends too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest