The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

WokSz
I would have maybe belived this article, if it did come from another source.

It's not just the source - I don't think it would be wise to believe any piece of news as significant as this based on only one source. If it were true, it would be reported in a number of other news publications.
Reply 21
I think it isn't true - how would MI5 make sure the police didn't talk? It would be impossible to keep secret for so long.
Reply 22
The article is a fake.. They'll do anything to get rid of muslims
Reply 23
sunny316
The article is a fake.. They'll do anything to get rid of muslims

I do belive a man has gone to the BNP with this story, it may not be true, but not because the BNP made it up ,but rather the guy "posing" as a policeman did. Although there is a chance that it's true.
the BNP are worse than extremist terrorists !!! extremists want to wipe out jews and to a lessser extent christians while the BNP want to wipe out everyone who isnt white.

they are willing to use lies, deception, and their idea of the perfect race isn't too different to the nazi aryans ???

21st century british nazis !!!

i love this country so the last party i'd give it to is a bunch of extremist nutters
Reply 25
kornkamper
the BNP are worse than extremist terrorists !!!

because the bnp are blowing people up?
Reply 26
kornkamper
the BNP are worse than extremist terrorists !!! extremists want to wipe out jews and to a lessser extent christians while the BNP want to wipe out everyone who isnt white.

they are willing to use lies, deception, and their idea of the perfect race isn't too different to the nazi aryans ???

i love this country so the last party i'd give it to is a bunch of extremist nutters

I dont like the BNP either, but I think you have got your facts wrong. Yes the BNP are racist (under the dictionary definition of racism atleast) but I dont at any point recall them wanting to wipe out all non whites. Anyhu this isnt the right thread to be discussing the BNP there are many (too many to be honest) threads on the BNP.
Reply 27
Well at least the article didn't give the terrorists any ideas:rolleyes:

blowing up their ... bombs at targets in Yorkshire

or a major sporting fixture

rather than taking out the front carriage of a fast moving intercity train out of Leeds on which the resulting derailment alone would have killed hundreds.
kornkamper

Can you cite anything in their manifesto which points towards the ideas of extermination of those of a certain skin colour?
The BNP website reports: Some terrorists wanted to kill people. STOP THE PRESSES!!!!111111one

Er, that's what terrorists do. They try to kill people. All this "truth revealed" stuff - a pathetic attempt to insinuate some kind of cover-up - is irrelevant. In fact, the entire article is an attempt to squeeze a little more Islamophobia out of 7/7 by rekindling its embers - akin to showing "Triumph des Willens" on Remembrance Sunday, or worse, Holocaust Memorial Day. As if the damage wasn't already done. Trust the BNP to do their level best to scupper the process of healing and reconciliation, to dig back up people's personal tragedies for their own benefit.

Do the BNP have any REAL news they'd like to share with us, or is it all just more of the same - propaganda?
Forget healing and reconciliation, we can do that when the terror threat isn't still present with the support (explicit or implicit) of substantial parts of the muslim population.
happybob
I do belive a man has gone to the BNP with this story, it may not be true, but not because the BNP made it up ,but rather the guy "posing" as a policeman did. Although there is a chance that it's true.

Think about it - if it was true, why would the guy only go to one news source, especially one as biased as the BNP? The only reason would be that he knows what he has to say is a load of rubbish and sensible news sources wouldn't publish such unjustified claims. Even if the BNP didn't make ths story up, it's essentially going to be a BNP supporter/member who made it up, so it's still got it's roots in racism rather than fact.
Reply 32
Chumbaniya
Think about it - if it was true, why would the guy only go to one news source, especially one as biased as the BNP? The only reason would be that he knows what he has to say is a load of rubbish and sensible news sources wouldn't publish such unjustified claims. Even if the BNP didn't make ths story up, it's essentially going to be a BNP supporter/member who made it up, so it's still got it's roots in racism rather than fact.

Because all BNP members are racist?
Amon.
Because all BNP members are racist?

Not necessarily, but for an unjustified anti-islamic story to be published by the BNP and no-one else, there must be some association between the racism and the BNP. If the people who published the story weren't wanting to unnecessarily slander muslims, why was it that they published this story when none of the more reasonable news sources did?
Reply 34
Agent Smith
The BNP website reports: Some terrorists wanted to kill people. STOP THE PRESSES!!!!111111one

Er, that's what terrorists do. They try to kill people. All this "truth revealed" stuff - a pathetic attempt to insinuate some kind of cover-up - is irrelevant. In fact, the entire article is an attempt to squeeze a little more Islamophobia out of 7/7 by rekindling its embers - akin to showing "Triumph des Willens" on Remembrance Sunday, or worse, Holocaust Memorial Day. As if the damage wasn't already done. Trust the BNP to do their level best to scupper the process of healing and reconciliation, to dig back up people's personal tragedies for their own benefit.

Do the BNP have any REAL news they'd like to share with us, or is it all just more of the same - propaganda?

Exactly, this is just an attempt to whip up hysteria over an unsubstantiated claim. So what if there was another attack planned, we already know there were several disgusting attacks carried out. It's just an attempt to capitalise on and fuel more Islamophobia.
Reply 35
Chumbaniya
Not necessarily, but for an unjustified anti-islamic story to be published by the BNP and no-one else, there must be some association between the racism and the BNP. If the people who published the story weren't wanting to unnecessarily slander muslims, why was it that they published this story when none of the more reasonable news sources did?

That wasn't what you said, you said:

"Even if the BNP didn't make ths story up, it's essentially going to be a BNP supporter/member who made it up, so it's still got it's roots in racism rather than fact."

You state that as fact, which it is not.

Chumbaniya
why was it that they published this story when none of the more reasonable news sources did?

because the man told the BNP about it, not the main newspaper.
Reply 36
Amon.
That wasn't what you said, you said:

"Even if the BNP didn't make ths story up, it's essentially going to be a BNP supporter/member who made it up, so it's still got it's roots in racism rather than fact."

You state that as fact, which it is not.

because the man told the BNP about it, not the main newspaper.

And not because there is zero corroborating evidence, and the BNP will jump on a HURR MUSLIMS bandwagon before any reputable news outlet.
happybob
http://www.bnp.org.uk/news_detail.php?newsId=861
A fifth bomb? I will let you decide how much credit this article has.

Let's start with none, and work back from there...

London escaped higher death toll than New York by a whisker

The key plotters behind the July 7th 2005 London bombings planned to trap and drown tens of thousands of innocent people, the BNP can exclusively reveal.

Did they now?
We will see.
As for the exclusive, sorry, I read it on the net years ago.

A team of terrorists with a fifth bomb – intended to explode in the tube network directly under the River Thames – was arrested the night before.

Was he now?
Proof?

The arrests were made when uniformed officers in police patrol cars stopped the terror gang, apparently by fortunate accident. Within minutes of their notifying their superiors they were ‘swamped’ by plain-clothes police, Special Branch and/or MI5 officers and the whole affair was taken out of their hands. They were ordered to tell no-one about the incident and several who have since tried to find out what happened to the small group of Islamics they arrested have been unable to do so. The men have vanished without trace.

No, the only people that night were released without charge, which obviously indicates a) they were not terrorists and b) they had no explosives.

The uniformed officers who prevented the atrocity are so deeply shocked by the Government and top security services cover-up – which maintains that the 7/7 bombings were carried out by a small independent cell of home-grown radicals with no overseas links or big ambitions – that one of them has come forward to tell us what really happened.

Translated: You stole the story off the internet.

Not surprisingly, this has been done on condition of strict anonymity, so we can say nothing more about the source of the story, except that we are convinced that it is totally genuine.

We will see when we actually get any details.
So far it's just a bunch of asians kids, with no explosives, being arrested on July 6th, and then released as they had done nothing wrong.
Hardly a news scoop.

It is for mainstream journalists with greater resources and contacts than us to take up the investigation and find out more.

I guess the fact they have declined your challange is because it is crap?

Maps uncovered

We can, however, provide a few extra pointers:

Jolly generous of you considering you've provided nothing but a fairy tale so far.

First, the fact that Al Qaeda had a detailed plan to flood the London Underground network was first revealed by the London Evening Standard on 9th August 2004.

No, it was speculated by a journalist that that might be an Al Qaeda target, however it was also rubbished at the time, as reported in the many newspapers, not least because the stratergy can not work.

Sarah Getty wrote a report on the discovery by MI5, in an Al Qaeda training camp in Afghanistan, of plans and maps for a tube bombing intended to breach at least one tunnel below the Thames and to kill thousands in the resulting floods and mass panic in the pitch black tunnels.

No, again not quite right, Sarah Getty speculated on such a plan, there was never any confirmed plan, and it has always been rubbished because such a plan could not work.
A series of floodgates were erected in the tunnels, years ago, that would seal the affected sections of a tunnel closed, allowing services to continue to run elsewhere on the line.
The resulting damage to the system would be minimal, and the loss of life no more than any normal bomb going off.
The water would not affect the death toll, even if the tunnel could be breached, which it wouldn't be, with anything short of a nuke.
I ask you, if Al Qaeda had a mid to large size nuke, capable of blowing the required hole in the tunnel, and knowing that the tunnel would be sealed off, if it was breached, do you think they'd really waste their time using it underground, compared to killing tens, if not hundreds of thousand of people, if they detonated above ground?
SO an unworkable, illogical plan, that would kill a handfull of people, not the scoop that would kill thousands as reported above.
:rolleyes:

Second, we draw attention to various news reports’ speculation – supposedly based on a cryptic Al Qaeda statement - that the London bus bomber had originally been supposed to strike on the northern line, quite possibly at Stockwell, so as to form a rough symbolic ‘cross’.

OMG
It get's worse and worse.
Yes it was speculated he was originally supposed to strike on the northern line, possibly because he was just around the corner from a northern line station.
That station however was Kings Cross, which is on the other side of the thames from stockwell, and miles away.
No one, at any time, ever suggested stockwell, that's just a straight lie.
As for a symbolic "cross", that ranks with the windings aircraft and twin towers story.
I suggest everyone get their maps of London out and plot the locations of the explosions.
Sorry folks, there is no cross.
Anyway, how was this bomber meant to get to stockwell?
The tube service was kind of closed because of the bomb explosions remember?

This, of course, would have been far more obvious had a fifth bomb gone off in the middle of the ‘cross’ in London right under the Thames.

This would have been far more obvious if there had been a cross, if there had been a fifth bomb, if there had been a plan to bomb stockwell, when in fact the 4th explosion was at Kings Cross, and it may well have been more obvious if it was possible.
BTW. Don't let the fact that the dry run was recorded on CCTV and there was no 5th bomber get in the way of your fairy tale.

This would also account for the otherwise inexplicable presence and ruthlessness of the police marksmen who ‘just happened’ to be at Stockwell two weeks later.

No, they didn't 'just happen' to be there, they were watching a suspect who lived around the corner.
That's hardly inexplicable, seeing as how I just explained it.
(I'm going to get very tired of this smiley soon)

Third, it explains why the suicide bombers made the extraordinary and dangerous effort to travel all the way to London instead of blowing up their reportedly unstable bombs at targets in Yorkshire such as the White Rose shopping centre or a major sporting fixture.

No, London was always the obvious target, which was why just about everyone predicted London, in fact the only person who I recall predicting Yorkshire is Prick Griffin, head of the bnp party.
No one else ever considered Yorkshire.
The capital was a far more obvious and disruptive target.
Besides one of the bombers came from Buckinghamshire, so someone was going to have to travel anyway.
They didn't all make an extraordinary journey at all, and it was hardly that dangerous, considering the explosives were picked up in Buckinghamshire, the trip to Yorkshire would have been the more dangerous route.

Further it clarifies why they felt it would be more productive to blow up tube trains which travel at an average speed of less than 30mph, rather than taking out the front carriage of a fast moving intercity train out of Leeds on which the resulting derailment alone would have killed hundreds.

*Sigh*
Remember the explosives were down south?
Just because you cocked up your prediction Griffin don't keep obsessing about Yorkshire.
As for the bombs on the underground they carried far more impact and and disruption than attacking on train in Leeds would have done.
They gridlocked the entire capital, that's a major achievement dumb ass.
BTW. you resulting derailment killing hundreds is also another bnp lie.
The Paddington train crash, at peak rush hour, going into the nations busiest city, killed 31 people.
No disrespect to the people of Leeds, but I doubt their rail network is busier than the London network, and so I a derailment was unlikely to kill more than the 31 seen in that incident.
As it is there explosions killed 56 people, and crippled the capital.
Just because you got the wrong target doesn't mean they did Griffin.
I think there attack achieved far more than yours would have done.
Mind you, you guys arn't really that good at the old terror game are you?
Your mate lecomber blew himself up, when trying to commit a terrorist attack, and when you were playing with guns you blew your eye out, so you're not really experts are you?

Fourth, arrests the night before, and the discovery of the group at the very heart of the plot, would account for the otherwise incredibly coincidental top-level security measures which were actually in place on the morning of 7th July even before the first suicide bombs in British history were detonated.

But we've already established the details of the arrests the night before, no connection, no explosives, released without charge.
So kind of irrelevent.
Keep up old boy.
I really can't be bothered with all the rest, this really is the biggest pile of poo ever.
The bnp should stop reading conspiracy sites, and stop trying to peddle the crap they find on them off as their own stories.
Plagerism is bad, plagerism of stuff that is this dumb is very bad.
I gave the "They tried to kill Nick Griffin, but they didn't really" phoney assasination story 2/10, but I think this one deserves only a 1/10.
And they wonder why no one votes for them?
Still it shows what happened when they introduced the care in the community scheme
I wonder if they will ever put an honest story on their website?
Reply 38
^ Best rebuttal ever.
Reply 39
happybob
Everything on the news section of the website is based on fact, or in this case, what what we belive to be fact.

You write what you believe to be fact, and hence placing its reliability under more doubt.

Latest

Trending

Trending