The Student Room Group

A bunch of dilemmas in one. Please advise.

I'm in my second year of college doing A2 Art, Craft and Design (That's one course) and AS Graphic Design & Illustration and AS ICT. I'm confused on whether next year I should do my Art and Design foundation diploma whilst carrying on one of my AS (only one AS is allowed to be taken alongside the foundation diploma - Probably will be my AS ICT.) I will come out at the end with two A levels and an art and design foundation diploma. The pros of this decision would mean that I won't have to pay £1000+ for the foundation diploma since I'd still be under the age of 19 next year. And plus,I won't have to stay back another year.

Second option is whether I should stay two more years to come out with 4 A levels - Art, Craft & Design, Graphic Design & Illustration, ICT and Fashion & Textiles - which I did the year before and can continue onto A2 next year. The pros of this is I would obviously have 4 A levels to present to the world~ Con is I'd have to pay that £1000+ foundation diploma fee and stay another year.

My chosen career is to be a Graphic Designer and I'm wondering whether the amount of A level grades you have will affect your chances of employability, for example, let's say I was competing with another possible candidate with my 2 A levels + Foundation Diploma + Degree against their 3/4/5 A levels + Foundation Diploma + Degree... you get me.
So please send me feedbacks on this matter. At this moment I really won't mind getting advice from anyone. Well... anyone who knows what they're talking about, that is. : )
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest