The Student Room Group

Sociology Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

I'm guessing Social Sciences courses come under this too? I got a Conditional from Durham University for Combined Social Sciences with Foundation! :biggrin:
Reply 81
I applied to Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle, Sussex and Loughborough! Only a few days ago though, so so far I just have acknowledgements from liv & ncl.

Does anyone know how lenient or strict these unis are on offers/missing a conditional offer?
Original post by emma08
has anyone applied to Aston or Leicester for Sociology? :smile:

Yeah I've applied for Leicester! Sociology and also Sociology and Media, just in case I don't get Sociology :tongue: The other places I've applied for are all quite close, so decided not to apply for Aston, but it did look really good there.
Reply 83
emma08, I applied to Aston:smile:
Reply 84
Original post by boredbeth13
Thank you! :biggrin: the offer was ABB and i applied with AAAA (at AS obviously). Good luck with your application if you haven't got an offer since you last posted :smile:

AAAA is really good, im sure you'll get an offer from all your choices! Thank you, i got an offer from leeds and loughborough yesterday :smile: so im pretty happy about that :smile:
Reply 85
Anyone applied for sociology at MMU?
Reply 86
Original post by AmyAquarius
Yeah I've applied for Leicester! Sociology and also Sociology and Media, just in case I don't get Sociology :tongue: The other places I've applied for are all quite close, so decided not to apply for Aston, but it did look really good there.

When did you apply? :smile: and yeah I was considering applying to Sociology and Media also a little while back :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by shutthedoor
emma08, I applied to Aston:smile:

wooo! :smile: When did you apply? :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by Robinson6239
I'm about to send off my application for sociology and politics.

I've applied to Newcastle, Sheffield, Loughborough, Nottingham Trent and Manchester Met

Ive applied for sociology and politics at NTU and sociology at MMU!
Original post by emma08
When did you apply? :smile: and yeah I was considering applying to Sociology and Media also a little while back :smile:

Only last week, so i reckon i'll be waiting for quite a while for a reply. I've had the confirmation from them to say that they have received the application though. I'm not expecting to hear back by xmas really.

When did you send your application?
Reply 90
Original post by emma08
wooo! :smile: When did you apply? :smile:

22nd October. Got my offer around the very end of October. :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by AmyAquarius
Only last week, so i reckon i'll be waiting for quite a while for a reply. I've had the confirmation from them to say that they have received the application though. I'm not expecting to hear back by xmas really.

When did you send your application?

i only sent mine last week also! i just can't stand waiting! I am constantly on edge :')
I've applied to Aston, Chester and Sheffield for Sociology and English Language :biggrin:. Got offers for the first two but I haven't heard back from Sheffield yet.
Reply 93
heeey guys! anyone applying to leicester for Sociology? :smile:
Reply 94
Did anybody hear from Warwick today? I got an unconditional from them this evening! :smile:
Reply 95
I'm curious, those who chose to study Sociology, what are your career plans and hopes? :smile:
Original post by emma08
i only sent mine last week also! i just can't stand waiting! I am constantly on edge :')

Aaah! I know the feeling! Checking my UCAS every morning and afternoon lol! :rolleyes: Good luck!
2013'er's check out the university of derby!

Joint Honors: http://www.derby.ac.uk/courses/sociology-joint-honours/

Single Honors: http://www.derby.ac.uk/courses/sociology-ba-hons/

Dont Miss out!!!
Reply 98
i've just got an offer from Aston! :biggrin: yay
Reply 99
Original post by emma08
i've just got an offer from Aston! :biggrin: yay

Congrats:smile: Is it your firm/insurance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending