The Student Room Group

unsure of which course to do

hello, i am predicted AAA in english language, ict and maths.

i am looking into doing a course in either english or ict, i am equally strong at both subjects, and currently am at a crossroads as to which route to take

could anybody offer me insight in terms of which unis are typically the best for either subject, and which subject would be most profitable in the future in terms of career prospects etc

thankyou:smile:
Joint degree? :smile:
++ which unis are typically the best for either subject, and which subject would be most profitable in the future in terms of career prospects etc ++

1. There is no such thing as 'best'. Read the course descriptions, go to an Open Day and decide what's best for you and your interests rather than relying on someone else's very individual (and usually out of date) opinion of what they enjoyed/thought was 'good'.

2. For any subject there isnt a totally clear career path to follow - people go into a wide variety of jobs/careers/pathways from any one single degree course. What you decide to do with yours will depend on unknowns like the job market at the time, your own circumstances at the time and total unknowns like what degree result you end up with. Trying to quantify 'profitable' at this stage therefore is pretty pointless.

3. There is no point in doing a degree if you dont enjoy the subject. That is what will motivate you for three years, not a potential salary in a job you dont yet have that is three years down the track anyway.

Start by reading some course descriptions and going to some Open Days. One step at a time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending