The Student Room Group

Sociology or Psychology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MrHappy_J
Wow. :s-smilie: What an ill-informed opinion on two increasingly well respected fields.

It's not ill-informed.

I have done the research its just I have no respect for the fields
Original post by cjslions
Also to anyone is psychology a respected a level? My other alevels would be history/English lit/biology
Would taking it as at A2 (if I enjoyed it) or even to AS limit my uni chances to study a subject like history/law?! :-)
THANKS GUYS U HAVE BEEN SO HELPFUL!

It's not respected in the same traditional sense as say Maths or Chemistry but it's more respected than Sociology. Depends on what you want to do at university.
Original post by Cephalus
It's not ill-informed.

I have done the research its just I have no respect for the fields

Right...

good to know people on here have an open mind.
Reply 23
Right...

good to know people on here have an open mind.

By definition, I satisfy the requirements for being open minded, I did do the research. And I am willing to change my opinion if something new comes along.

Its just that this is how it seems to me at the moment
By definition, I satisfy the requirements for being open minded, I did do the research. And I am willing to change my opinion if something new comes along.

Its just that this is how it seems to me at the moment

I don't know if I should even bother asking what kind of research you did that suggested to you that psychology was paramount to aids or cancer.
That was a very poor analogy by the way, not to mention in very bad taste, to compare A level options to two potentially fatal illnesses.
Reply 25
to compare A level options to two potentially fatal illnesses.

Lol the way you said this made me laugh :biggrin:

Dont ask what research I've done. I dont care. I was just giving my opinion. Thats what you get when you ask strangers
Lol the way you said this made me laugh :biggrin:

Dont ask what research I've done. I dont care. I was just giving my opinion. Thats what you get when you ask strangers

Right, so basically your "research" amounts to...nothing. Either that or you've seeked out information that already supports your opinions.

Can't say I'm surprised at the level of neg rep you've got.
Reply 27
Right, so basically your "research" amounts to...nothing. Either that or you've seeked out information that already supports your opinions.

Can't say I'm surprised at the level of neg rep you've got.

You know as well as I do that neg rep doesn't come from bs but from telling the truth. It's just that people dont like the truth.

And lol you're no angel with the 2 red gems :pms:
You know as well as I do that neg rep doesn't come from bs but from telling the truth. It's just that people dont like the truth.

And lol you're no angel with the 2 red gems :pms:

Funny, only people with a lot of neg rep seem to think that. I wonder why that could be?

:lol:
Reply 29
Funny, only people with a lot of neg rep seem to think that. I wonder why that could be?

:lol:

:teehee::teehee::teehee: well we say unpopular things, which in my mind is synonymous with the truth :biggrin:
:teehee::teehee::teehee: well we say unpopular things, which in my mind is synonymous with the truth :biggrin:

your opinion =/= the truth.

nice talking to you.
Reply 31
your opinion =/= the truth.

nice talking to you.

Well the fact is, my opinion is the truth.

Goodnight :smile:
Original post by cjslions
Also to anyone is psychology a respected a level? My other alevels would be history/English lit/biology
Would taking it as at A2 (if I enjoyed it) or even to AS limit my uni chances to study a subject like history/law?! :-)
THANKS GUYS U HAVE BEEN SO HELPFUL!

Many people say that psychology isn't very respected but my head of sixth form said that universities have no problem with it :smile: It is a difficult subject but I love it so much!!!
Good luck with your decision!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending