The Student Room Group

Daydreaming about your crush

Scroll to see replies

i really like this guy and stalk him a bit on facebook :frown: shame its never gonna happen for various reasons
Original post by pinkangelgirl
i really like this guy and stalk him a bit on facebook :frown: shame its never gonna happen for various reasons

Aww I'm sure it could work out :frown:
yup :yes:
Original post by hannahchan
Aww I'm sure it could work out :frown:

lol it definitely won't. hes not relationship material anyway :tongue:
:yes:
Reply 25
Yeah ^^ im currently daydreaming alot about this girl i really really like ><, But i dont think she will like me in the same way...... oh well... i guess i can dream ;3
Reply 26
Original post by Anonymous
I do, even after being openly rejected I still spend hours daydreaming about us somehow getting together and how amazing that would be.

same.
Original post by ViceVersa
When I have a crush I do tend to, it can't be helped! :blush: I think everyone does a bit of stalking, crush or no crush haha, but yeah I tend to. Depending on how much I'm crushing, I can spend some time thinking/daydreaming about them, thinking/daydreaming about a possible "us", when I'm not with them, and then I would wish I was with them. :biggrin:

When are you going to speak to her? What's holding you back? :smile:

This is quite long but I will write it out anyway. It explains the factors that are holding me back. This will someday backfire on me as this is public but #YOLO, as they say so here we go:

She's only in one of my classes, a new girl from somewhere in Europe (I go to a boarding school). From the start of term I noticed she has been looking at me sometimes, and I kinda do the same. Now this is what I find a bit funny, I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but... at meals, we happen to sit at places where we can see each other, for a good, "birdwatching"(?) sesh. I know this because a few years ago, I use to be a serious stalker.

I don't know, a while after, I start to feel really attracted to her. Towards the start of half term holidays. I then figure that I really want to speak to her, and of course, I do; find out what we have in common (although I doubt we have anything in common, I'm such a weirdo, nerd, eccentric), etc. Now, I don't really speak to girls much, a bit of banter with some female classmates, sometimes at meals if I see them. But I had two encounters that taught me a lot about first impressions.

Both of these happened when I was in year 9, (my school goes from 9-13). Ok, the best first impression I made: I got a detention, quite a serious one. You have to go to a Thursday morning meeting type of thing before going to the actual detention on Saturday. Head Boy and Head Girl both stand outside. Now, there were other people, and they all went in before me, so I was the last person outside. The rather attractive :blush: Head Girl says to me, "so what did you do?". I replied with "basically, I called someone a gay gypsie and he wasn't too happy about it..." and she just burst out laughing. We then had a really nice conversation, she found me really funny (so funny that she told the 6th formers in my house about me). I went on to send her a rose on Valentines day, etc. So yeah, I made a really good first impression and figured out how much it helps.

Now, in the next term, I had the WORST first impression ever. It was in the school library, with some of my friends. Two 6th formers were there from my house, and they knew about a crush I had on another girl, in sixth form, who was also in the library. They call her over to me for some unknown reason, and, I said like, nothing; I couldn't think of anything to say, and I think that's because there was quite a lot of people there. It was a seriously awkward silence and I think that girl thought I was a creep for the rest year.

So what I learnt: good first impressions help A LOT.
I don't know how to talk when in a group of people.

Now here is the problem: I only really see her around in two places, meals, and my only lesson with her. When she's at my only lesson, she's usually speaking to the girls in the class, who I know quite well. Of course, she's new and hasn't really gotten to know the boys, so probably doesn't speak to us. Our whole class gets on really well. As she is talking with girls in my class, I don't know how to approach her. I mean, it would be rude interrupting their conversation wouldn't it? Then if I did that, I would feel awkward for not speaking to the girls she was speaking to as well. And then it would be even more awkward because more people would be looking at us. I don't know if this is me being a bitch and making excuses for myself, but that's how I feel.

The other time I see her is at meals, but she's with her friends that are also new, so I don't know them at all. I was considering speaking to her at a meal, in the queue, but she's with her friends, so same problem as last paragraph... I also go to meals with my closest friends, like 99% of the time. Their presence there sort of puts me off speaking to her for some reason... they know I like her though. I think I will just have to fight that presence.

Having been puzzled by when the optimal time is to approach her, I just spent all half term thinking about it (don't worry, I'm not scripting any conversations at all), daydreaming etc :biggrin:

So yeah, that's my problem. I intend to try and speak to her by next week, when we are back at school (half term ends for boarders today, so going back today).

AFAIK: There are guys who think she's quite good looking, but I don't think anyone else is going for her. (Stalker intuition, it's seriously strong man)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
I have learnt not to because most of the time it the girl turns out to be a shallow, materialistic bitch :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by garfeeled
YES
i have a major crush at the moment and i have to work with him in physics during experiments i im just like :cool:the whole way through but secretly :colondollar: inside.

I'm guessing you're gay and he's not?
Yeah I imagine about us being together, and also about any time that I spent with them which was amazing, or when we last had a good conversation :smile:
Although that's with crushes, not with my boyfriend, I daydream about him... all the time :')
I don't fancy anyone who goes to my school.
I tend to fancy celebrities to be honest.
Yes I have daydreamed about them :daydream:

I'm a 16 y/o girl leave me alone.
I daydream about my ex, it's not a nice feeling :frown:
Reply 33
Original post by Bude8
This is quite long but I will write it out anyway. It explains the factors that are holding me back. This will someday backfire on me as this is public but #YOLO, as they say so here we go:

She's only in one of my classes, a new girl from somewhere in Europe (I go to a boarding school). From the start of term I noticed she has been looking at me sometimes, and I kinda do the same. Now this is what I find a bit funny, I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but... at meals, we happen to sit at places where we can see each other, for a good, "birdwatching"(?) sesh. I know this because a few years ago, I use to be a serious stalker.

I don't know, a while after, I start to feel really attracted to her. Towards the start of half term holidays. I then figure that I really want to speak to her, and of course, I do; find out what we have in common (although I doubt we have anything in common, I'm such a weirdo, nerd, eccentric), etc. Now, I don't really speak to girls much, a bit of banter with some female classmates, sometimes at meals if I see them. But I had two encounters that taught me a lot about first impressions.

Both of these happened when I was in year 9, (my school goes from 9-13). Ok, the best first impression I made: I got a detention, quite a serious one. You have to go to a Thursday morning meeting type of thing before going to the actual detention on Saturday. Head Boy and Head Girl both stand outside. Now, there were other people, and they all went in before me, so I was the last person outside. The rather attractive :blush: Head Girl says to me, "so what did you do?". I replied with "basically, I called someone a gay gypsie and he wasn't too happy about it..." and she just burst out laughing. We then had a really nice conversation, she found me really funny (so funny that she told the 6th formers in my house about me). I went on to send her a rose on Valentines day, etc. So yeah, I made a really good first impression and figured out how much it helps.

Now, in the next term, I had the WORST first impression ever. It was in the school library, with some of my friends. Two 6th formers were there from my house, and they knew about a crush I had on another girl, in sixth form, who was also in the library. They call her over to me for some unknown reason, and, I said like, nothing; I couldn't think of anything to say, and I think that's because there was quite a lot of people there. It was a seriously awkward silence and I think that girl thought I was a creep for the rest year.

So what I learnt: good first impressions help A LOT.
I don't know how to talk when in a group of people.

Now here is the problem: I only really see her around in two places, meals, and my only lesson with her. When she's at my only lesson, she's usually speaking to the girls in the class, who I know quite well. Of course, she's new and hasn't really gotten to know the boys, so probably doesn't speak to us. Our whole class gets on really well. As she is talking with girls in my class, I don't know how to approach her. I mean, it would be rude interrupting their conversation wouldn't it? Then if I did that, I would feel awkward for not speaking to the girls she was speaking to as well. And then it would be even more awkward because more people would be looking at us. I don't know if this is me being a bitch and making excuses for myself, but that's how I feel.

The other time I see her is at meals, but she's with her friends that are also new, so I don't know them at all. I was considering speaking to her at a meal, in the queue, but she's with her friends, so same problem as last paragraph... I also go to meals with my closest friends, like 99% of the time. Their presence there sort of puts me off speaking to her for some reason... they know I like her though. I think I will just have to fight that presence.

Having been puzzled by when the optimal time is to approach her, I just spent all half term thinking about it (don't worry, I'm not scripting any conversations at all), daydreaming etc :biggrin:

So yeah, that's my problem. I intend to try and speak to her by next week, when we are back at school (half term ends for boarders today, so going back today).

AFAIK: There are guys who think she's quite good looking, but I don't think anyone else is going for her. (Stalker intuition, it's seriously strong man)

Ahh, so the main issue is you haven't found the right way of going up to her and speaking to her..

I think you should take advantage of the fact that you know the girls she hangs out with in class. Take a deep breath and just go up to them in my opinion; you could ask these girls you know quite well to introduce you and the girl that you like. :cute: I don't mean come in and rudely interrupt their conversation, but slowly approach them and patiently wait until their giggles and stuff subside, and then just casually speak to them and asked to be introduced to the girl you like, or when speaking to the other girls say something like "Hi I think you're new? How're you finding it here" etc.

You say you only see her in class and at mealtimes. Couldn't you ask her for class notes? Or don't you ever see her in the corridors? Like if you see her walking you could just say something like "Hey, I didn't really understand the lesson and didn't take proper notes, could you help out?" or "I missed class today, anything interesting, can I borrow your notes?" or just talk to her about whether or not you both like/hate the lecturer and you two could bond over that.

Good luck!
Original post by ViceVersa
Ahh, so the main issue is you haven't found the right way of going up to her and speaking to her..

I think you should take advantage of the fact that you know the girls she hangs out with in class. Take a deep breath and just go up to them in my opinion; you could ask these girls you know quite well to introduce you and the girl that you like. :cute: I don't mean come in and rudely interrupt their conversation, but slowly approach them and patiently wait until their giggles and stuff subside, and then just casually speak to them and asked to be introduced to the girl you like, or when speaking to the other girls say something like "Hi I think you're new? How're you finding it here" etc.

You say you only see her in class and at mealtimes. Couldn't you ask her for class notes? Or don't you ever see her in the corridors? Like if you see her walking you could just say something like "Hey, I didn't really understand the lesson and didn't take proper notes, could you help out?" or "I missed class today, anything interesting, can I borrow your notes?" or just talk to her about whether or not you both like/hate the lecturer and you two could bond over that.

Good luck!

I don't know if I'm making excuses but:
We've been at school for 8 weeks, we've definitely acknowledged each other. And I have Latin with her. Our teacher is so much win, we rarely do things in lessons, or take notes, but somehow learn a lot. And there is no corridor for Latin, it's just a building, and we wait outside and chat until we get called in.

We have 2 periods until each break, so she will only have her Latin notes, and the notes for her next/previous lesson, and I have no idea what her lessons before/after are. I see her around elsewhere though, like, if I'm on my way to the Science blocks then I might see her heading towards Humanities, but since we would be walking in opposite direction and people travel in quite big groups from lessons, it would be a bit awkward to stop and chat.

To be honest, I think I may have to slowly creep into her life :blush:
But thanks for the advice :smile:

edit: it's been bothering me how the last word of your name has her name in it :biggrin: I keep thinking I see her name :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Sometimes a bit, yeah. But she's one of my best friends and nothing's ever gonna happen so meh.
Original post by Halogenation
I'm guessing you're gay and he's not?

true true, its a trait of mine to want what i can never have. :frown:
Not really the same thing but I'll carry on regardless..
The night before last I had a nightmare that my bf was cheating on me. Woke up to him cuddling me. It was horrible. (the nightmare not him cuddling me haha)
I did used to day dream about him though before we were together and he was just the guy I liked :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending