The Student Room Group

C3 January 2013 25/01/2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurawoods
what marks did you get in solomn's if you don't mind me asking it to you?

Around 70s I suppose unless there was a ridiculous question in the paper
Reply 181
Sitting AQA C3 and C2 in January.

Done all the AQA past papers for both and I'm trying out the Solomon ones now. Some of the questions on there really make me want to stab someone. :redface:
Doing C3 in june, praise the lord.
Domain = Restrictions and Limits
Range = Possible Values (minimum and maximum with the restraints from the domain)

Inverse: I do it so that you replace y with x and x with y. And then re arrange to get it in terms of y again.

Eg y = 3x^2 + 4 ---> x = 3y^2 + 4

y = Root((x-4)/3) as the inverse...
Reply 184
Original post by S1L3NTPR3Y
Things related to functions: range, domain and sketching are the areas I seem to lose marks on past papers. If I can just perfect those things hopefully I can get 90+ UMS on C3.

Definitely get sketching perfected first! They're always worth so many marks, and are the easiest to get, in my opinion. Is there something in particular that you have trouble sketching?

___
Going to try a Solomon paper now. For reference, I've been getting 85-100% on edexcel past papers. Will let yous know how this goes... :tongue:
hello,
do you find the solomn much harder than the real thing? i am getting 60-65 range marks but aiming for a star.

hello,
do you find the solomn much harder than the real thing? i am getting 60-65 range marks but aiming for a star.

yes I have, but I've only done one solomon paper haha
yeah A* is usually 68+ but if you got 60-65 on solomon paper, then you will be fine!!!
it just depends on the paper :P I hope we get one similar to Jan 2007 (imo it was pretty easy :') )
Original post by MedMed12
yes I have, but I've only done one solomon paper haha
yeah A* is usually 68+ but if you got 60-65 on solomon paper, then you will be fine!!!
it just depends on the paper :P I hope we get one similar to Jan 2007 (imo it was pretty easy :') )

are you sure the Jan 2007 paper was easy? The last question worth 3 marks were hard:eek:
Original post by otrivine
are you sure the Jan 2007 paper was easy? The last question worth 3 marks were hard:eek:

It was the modelling question about drugs lol?
Original post by raiden95
It was the modelling question about drugs lol?

No it was that arccos business
Reply 189
Original post by S1L3NTPR3Y
Things related to functions: range, domain and sketching are the areas I seem to lose marks on past papers. If I can just perfect those things hopefully I can get 90+ UMS on C3.

same, I seem to get the range/domain wrong every time no matter how many times people explain it to me or how many questions I do!!
Reply 190
anyone got any evil soloman papers they can post so I can give them a go? or a link? :smile: thanks
Original post by otrivine
No it was that arccos business

Ohh according to edexcel less than 5% of students got that one correct
Ohh according to edexcel less than 5% of students got that one correct

What was the question?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
What was the question?

It was the very last question on the January 07 paper
My teacher reckons C3 is harder than C4 on the Edexcel board.....

.....We shall see.
It was the very last question on the January 07 paper

Do you have a link? I'm not edexcel anyway, just curious :eyeball:
Reply 196
Just did and marked Solomon paper A, got 68/75, 3 lost marks were silly mistakes and the other 4 I genuinely didn't know wtf was happening. So it wasn't too bad :dontknow:

Original post by This Excellency
My teacher reckons C3 is harder than C4 on the Edexcel board.....

.....We shall see.

My teacher says the same, and I'm inclined to agree with her...
Original post by suncake
Just did and marked Solomon paper A, got 68/75, 3 lost marks were silly mistakes and the other 4 I genuinely didn't know wtf was happening. So it wasn't too bad :dontknow:

My teacher says the same, and I'm inclined to agree with her...

can you send the link on the paper you just did now?
Past papers actually done: 0

Hours of revision since breakup: 0

:redface:
otrivine

Check if www.sci2.co.uk still works. There are solomon past papers and mark schemes on their.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending