The Student Room Group

What kind of fees category?

Hiya,

I'm an EU citizen currently living in Scotland, but will move to Belfast next year. Also applying for undergraduate course there. What tuition fees would I be paying?
What would I need to put on the application under "Permanent Residence"?

thanks
k.
Reply 1
Are you applying to a scottish uni? As you're an EU citizen your fees category is 02. If you're applying to scotland then I would put your current address as your permanent residence as you might get free university!! It doesn't matter where you move next year because everyone is moving to go to uni!
Original post by kszekely
Hiya,

I'm an EU citizen currently living in Scotland, but will move to Belfast next year. Also applying for undergraduate course there. What tuition fees would I be paying?
What would I need to put on the application under "Permanent Residence"?

thanks
k.

At the moment you need to put where you're currently living - which is Scotland. Whether you'll move or not in the future is irrelevant at this moment in time and to be eligible for reduced fees in Northern Ireland you would have needed to have been living there for the previous 3 years rather than have just moved there, so in Northern Ireland you would be paying fees of upto £3,465 a year. As a resident of Scotland (assuming you've lived there for more than 3 years) you would be eligible for a fee loan and maintenance support from SAAS. If you've lived there for less than 3 years then you'd apply as an EU student to student finance NI and you'd get a tuition fee loan.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending