The Student Room Group

ILR holders who hold UK bachelors, do you pay international fee for masters?

I've got an ILR and have non-EU citizenship, no settlement. I fulfill most of the conditions for the home fee status. So I'll be able to pay a home fee for my bachelor's.

However, after that, I'm thinking of doing masters and by that time, clause (d) will be problematic. It is because, by the time of masters application, I would have stayed the previous 2.5 years for education purposes. I have no family in the UK, and I have no partner. I would still live in the UK with ILR even if I wasn't pursuing an education, but I don't really have any official grounds for staying in the UK other than education.

ILR holders, do you all pay international fees for your masters if you've studied bachelor's in the UK?

---

According to the UKCISA Analysis(https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/uploads/fi...6_21.12.21.pdf), you must meet all the following conditions to be eligible for a home fee.

(a) you must be ‘settled’ in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of the course

(b) on the first day of the first academic year of the course, you must not be someone who qualifies for ‘home’ fees under the category headed ‘3 years in UK and Islands, EUSS settled status connection’

(c) you must have been ordinarily resident in the UK and Islands for the full three-year period before the first day of the first academic year of the course. For example, if your course begins in October 2021 you must have been ordinarily resident in the UK and Islands from 1 September 2018 to 31 August 2021

(d) the main purpose for your residence in the UK and Islands must not have been to receive full-time education during any part of that three-year period

(e) you must be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of the course
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending