The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

2013 Essex Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I am from the USA and I'm very interested in applying to the University of Essex but I have a few questions
1.Im interested in studying sociology and criminology as a international student,but since England has a different social system as the USA will what I learn be valid from England to the USA and allow me to get a job back home?
2. What are the requirements for the University of Essex because I'm having trouble understanding the terms you use such as a levels, and IBs
3.Is University of Essex considered a good school,or is their better similar ones?
sorry for all the questions ,but I would really appreciate a answer to them since clearly I'm having trouble hahaha :smile:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Your best bet for question number 1 is to email the uni they would be happy to answer that i am sure and yes you will easily get job essex also does criminology with a year abroad, usually in america which is what i have applied for, so its just how you apply the knowledge you learn, doesnt matter what part of the world you are in.
& also international entry requirements if you email them, they would be the best people
& Essex is actually one of the leading in the UK for research in social sciences so yeah a good school.
Okay thank you so much for the help :smile:
Reply 23
anyone applying for PPE here?
Got an offer for psychology today! It's weird though, their entry requirements on their website were BBB but they offered me ABB :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an audition at Essex on Wednesday for BA Drama :smile:
I've just got an offer for English Language & Linguistics inc year abroad! Absolutely elated as I am planning on making it my first choice!

I've applied too:

University of Chester (conditional offer BCC)
University of Essex (conditional offer BBB)
Newcastle University
Queens Belfast
Sunderland University.

Chester got back to me a week after, Essex took two weeks! I e-mailed them last night asking if there were any problems haha! So excited I got an offer! <3
Just received a conditional offer! I applied for Business. I need to graduate from high school and then I'm good to go! I'm super elated. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Are you guys going to the visit days? I've got one for Government on the sixteenth of January but I don't know whether or not my grandparents should come too :/ do parents usually come to the visit days?
Reply 29
My interview is tomorrow :smile:
Reply 30
Just got my conditional offer for 2013 to study criminology with social psychology! :biggrin:
Does Essex give dual credits to Americans?
Original post by kimrebecca
Just got my conditional offer for 2013 to study criminology with social psychology! :biggrin:

congratulations and just out of interest how long did it take to get a reply from them?
Reply 33
Original post by tintinmac
congratulations and just out of interest how long did it take to get a reply from them?

Just over a week:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Applied for computer science yesterday, hopefully I get the good news soon... Can't wait!
Reply 35
Got a conditional today to study English Literature!! :smile:
Reply 36
Just received an offer for History... they processed my application pretty quickly considering I only applied on nov 29th!
Reply 37
Just recieved a conditional offer for History and Modern Languages :woohoo: Passed my driving test as well , awesome week!
Reply 38
So how does it work? Some people get interviews and some people just get an offer? what's the criteria for getting an interview instead of an offer?
Reply 39
Original post by skumgummi
So how does it work? Some people get interviews and some people just get an offer? what's the criteria for getting an interview instead of an offer?

Depends on the department. Maybe borderlines get interviews too, I'm not sure. But drama always has an audition, Computer Science and Electronic Engineering had an interview day when I was there, and Biomedical Science and Biochemistry have an interview. I think Philosophy has an interview day this week as well. Not sure which other departments do them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending