The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blubimnotafish
My friend just got rejected for English at Somerville.

Feel bad for him, but I did kind of anticipate it..

Posted from TSR Mobile

What made you anticipate it? Would be useful to know for me!
Reply 581
Original post by Sherlock.and.John
I’ve applied to Keble for Maths! Haven’t heard anything yet though :frown:

There was something enchanting about Keble, I think it's the stunning quad as you walk in from the entrance on Parks Road. Glad to see another applicant!

How'd you do in the MAT? I heard it was pretty tough this year, was like that for the BMAT at least :smile:

On a side note, awesome username. I loved the BBC series, and Sherlock/John were awesome but Moriarty really took the cake for me!
Original post by Shatarupa
I have an interview invitation, but I'm worried that my bad AS grades will put dampers on getting an offer. Anybody know anything how much your AS counts/how much the actual interview counts? Sorry if I'm asking a question that's irrelevant to this thread! Any answers will be muchos appreciated :smile:

Thanks for your response :smile: My school tutor went to Oxford and is a bit of a wizz about Oxbridge and he told me that while grades, written work, PS, and interview are all considered in the ultimate decision, as long as your AS grades are not that bad (what are they exactly?) then the interview will take precedence in the decision. Besides, if you've already done the AS, you might as well just focus on interview prep :smile: What college?
Original post by blubimnotafish
My friend just got rejected for English at Somerville.

Feel bad for him, but I did kind of anticipate it..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did he get an email or a letter? I'm currently just lurking hearing nothing, ah well. Becoming remarkably stoic, good luck everyone!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 584
Original post by roro_tu
Doesn't everyone get another interview at a different college? That's what they said in the email to me :smile: And the 2nd to the 4th, so nervous!

They said that they will send me an interview timetable soon:smile: They also said that their could be some interviews appointed on the day I will come, by other colleges:smile: Probably not everybody will get a second interview in another college...
I will be at St. Johns from 1st till 4th of December, maybe they will let me go earlier:smile: Yes, I am also very nervous!!!

Probably I will meet you their at some point (maybe):-) Nevertheless, I wish you good luck:smile:
Reply 585
Original post by Randomerr
Merton interview for French :biggrin:
I applied for French and History but I haven't got an interview for History :frown:

That's quite strange! Maybe the departments just aren't in sync :smile:
Reply 586
Original post by Scatach
I'm also waiting for History from Queen's :tongue:[ /QUOTE]

I'm also waiting on Queen's for history. Anyone fancy sending an email? :smile:
Reply 587
Son has just received invite for interview at Trinity for Philosophy & Theology. Not knowing has been killing us, particularly since his twin got an invite from another college yesterday.
Original post by eawebb1
I've also applied for classics at St Hughs! They have to give us a week notice interview so the latest they can let us know is Tuesday I believe!! In literally refreshing my email every couple of minutes hoping for something

Me too, I run home everyday and check the post but nothing.

If it gets to Tuesday I'll assume we've been rejected
Anybody applying for English at Keble?

My friend just got an invite for Law at Wadham - her AS grades were AABC!
Original post by Puzzzled

Same, St Hugh's and waiting

What have you applied for?
Reply 592
Aaagh my gosh! My interview invitation went to my junk mail last week only just checked!! could have known a week ago if it had gone to my normal mail :mad: although I still got an email on moday saying I'd be reallocated but now I actually know where it will be: Chemistry at Queen's college!!! Wonder how many more important emails have gone to my junk mail instead :O
Reply 593
Original post by Nataliya
They said that they will send me an interview timetable soon:smile: They also said that their could be some interviews appointed on the day I will come, by other colleges:smile: Probably not everybody will get a second interview in another college...
I will be at St. Johns from 1st till 4th of December, maybe they will let me go earlier:smile: Yes, I am also very nervous!!!

Probably I will meet you their at some point (maybe):-) Nevertheless, I wish you good luck:smile:

Ahh okay :smile: And good luck to you too!
Keble! Y U NO DO ANYTHING?
Original post by tinytadpoletim
Keble! Y U NO DO ANYTHING?

What you are applying for? I applied there too!

Original post by Shatarupa
I have an interview invitation, but I'm worried that my bad AS grades will put dampers on getting an offer. Anybody know anything how much your AS counts/how much the actual interview counts? Sorry if I'm asking a question that's irrelevant to this thread! Any answers will be muchos appreciated :smile:

how bad is it though?
Reply 597
Original post by Tuerin
Thanks for your response :smile: My school tutor went to Oxford and is a bit of a wizz about Oxbridge and he told me that while grades, written work, PS, and interview are all considered in the ultimate decision, as long as your AS grades are not that bad (what are they exactly?) then the interview will take precedence in the decision. Besides, if you've already done the AS, you might as well just focus on interview prep :smile: What college?

My ASs were ABBC :| it is "that bad" :P but I'm glad I got an interview..I guess that means I may have the slightest shot! (Not getting my hopes up though) And Pembroke for English! Thanks
Original post by Colroyd
There was something enchanting about Keble, I think it's the stunning quad as you walk in from the entrance on Parks Road. Glad to see another applicant!

How'd you do in the MAT? I heard it was pretty tough this year, was like that for the BMAT at least :smile:

On a side note, awesome username. I loved the BBC series, and Sherlock/John were awesome but Moriarty really took the cake for me!

I know, I haven’t seen many applicants for Keble around at all, quite surprised really, as it is a big college!

The MAT was awful! Worse part is that you don’t get told how you did, so I have no idea to be hopeful or prepare for the worse!
Just me and two more people at my school have applied to Oxford this year - they've already got interviews for Biological Sciences and Chinese Studies, but I'm going for Physics at Jesus and so will know in about a week. It's horrid, really, since I think I did pretty bad on the PAT and won't get the interview, while everyone around me is getting interviews lol

Latest

Trending

Trending