The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge interview for MPhil in population health sciences

Hey guys - I have an interview this Wednesday. I chose my focus to be epidemiology. The interview is with two epidemiology professors and is 20 min.

What should I expect from the interview? Is it going to be epi oriented or more about why I want to do the course.

Thanks for any responses

As I am nervous

Scroll to see replies

Anyone?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Original post by Giorgio Armani
Anyone?

Hope the interview went well. Mine was just a casual discussion so don't know how the decision will be made. What about you?
Yep same - it was a casual interview. When do you think we will hear back?
Reply 4
Yep same - it was a casual interview. When do you think we will hear back?

Has anyone heard back?
the department has got in touch with me, informing me that I have a place. However, I am still stuck at the PAO stage. Wbu?
Reply 6
the department has got in touch with me, informing me that I have a place. However, I am still stuck at the PAO stage. Wbu?

I'm still stuck at under review by the department. When was the date of your interview?
Reply 7
Hi everyone, an applicant of Mphil in PHS here... I submitted my application 4 weeks ago the last day of final deadline. Just curious when did you guys received interview invitation after submitted the application?
I intend to apply this year, can anyone give me some advice? Would be grateful if someone could send me a copy of their personal statement, have no idea where to start :frown:
Original post by Nissan leaf
I intend to apply this year, can anyone give me some advice? Would be grateful if someone could send me a copy of their personal statement, have no idea where to start :frown:

I'm also applying this year, hope you managed to get going with this! Have you submitted it yet?
Original post by jackieo232
I'm also applying this year, hope you managed to get going with this! Have you submitted it yet?

Not the person you were replying to, but how is your application going? I've just found this thread. I applied last year and I have a January interview date. I'm really nervous!
Original post by Parsnip_Carrot
Not the person you were replying to, but how is your application going? I've just found this thread. I applied last year and I have a January interview date. I'm really nervous!

I've pm'd you :smile:
Original post by jackieo232
I've pm'd you :smile:

Awesome! Unfortunately my account is really new (you can't reply to PMs until your account is three days old apparently :dontknow:) so can't PM you until Sunday.
I have had my interview so for future reference for anyone else, it is still a 20 minute casual chat style talk. I mean, it's an interview of course but it didn't feel like they were trying to trip me up and there was no practical/technical component.
I have had my interview so for future reference for anyone else, it is still a 20 minute casual chat style talk. I mean, it's an interview of course but it didn't feel like they were trying to trip me up and there was no practical/technical component.

Hi, can I ask which stream did you apply? I have applied to the health data science stream and heard that the interview was quite hard as they may ask something technical about your CV.
Original post by XintongLi
Hi, can I ask which stream did you apply? I have applied to the health data science stream and heard that the interview was quite hard as they may ask something technical about your CV.

Hi, good point, I did not apply for HDS, I applied for infectious diseases.
Hi, good point, I did not apply for HDS, I applied for infectious diseases.

I see, thanks for your reply!

Just wondering when did u apply? November or early December? Many tks.
Original post by Anonymous
Just wondering when did u apply? November or early December? Many tks.

First of December.
For any future applicants, here is the timeline of my application for admission in 2023 for this MPhil:

Applied: 1 Dec (2022)
Invited to interview: 10 Jan
Interview: 17 Jan
Moved to Degree Committee: 1 Feb (this is when I checked and saw but I wasn't checking every day so it could have been a couple of days earlier)
Moved to PAO: 3 Feb
Offer: 15 Feb
College Acceptance: 18 Feb (as seen in self-service portal, first email from college 25 Feb).
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending