The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Shortofrange
I've just received an invitation to Trinity for Chemistry!

Can I ask, how did you find out regarding whether you've got an interview?

I mean, did you get an e-mail or letter? If you got an e-mail, what time did they send it?

And congratulations by the way!! :biggrin:
Original post by qwertyuiop1993
Congrats! When will you be there?

I'll be deputy team leader of interviews at Trinity for the 4th to the 11th of December, though I suspect you'll be arriving later than this (I'm covering the humanities period, which is normally before the science interviews).

If you have any questions about Trinity/interview procedures feel free to ask.

Thanks! Unfortunately I'm an international applicant outside EU & am in the midst of my examinations now so I cannot leave just yet... I have arranged for a Skype interview but I hope to see you guys & the college soon!

I have received the invitation through an email from the admissions officer... I think (at least for the Chemistry department) the department selects the candidates before the college emails the invitations out with specific-college information! Good luck to everyone else waiting for your invitations!
Original post by Shortofrange
Thanks! Unfortunately I'm an international applicant outside EU & am in the midst of my examinations now so I cannot leave just yet... I have arranged for a Skype interview but I hope to see you guys & the college soon!

I have received the invitation through an email from the admissions officer... I think (at least for the Chemistry department) the department selects the candidates before the college emails the invitations out with specific-college information! Good luck to everyone else waiting for your invitations!

Ah it's a shame you won't get to visit the college.

Good luck with your interviews!
Interview for Chemistry at Wadham! :biggrin:
Reply 104
Well done on the interviews guys :biggrin: Seems Chemistry is handing them out now.
Reply 105
Wadham for Human Sciences anyone?

I received my invite last week. I am Flying from Romania.
Reply 106
Aaagh just found out I have an interview for chemistry!! But It's not at Trinity (the college I applied for), it's at another college but they havn't said which??! Really want to know which college!! :biggrin:
Reply 107
Anything from History of Art/Worcester?
Reply 108
Original post by cookiemonsters
I ran out of time /: thought it was harder than some of the past year papers and there were quite a few PS questions that I wasn't sure of. Oh well, fingers crossed! You? (:

I know how you feel! It's so exciting but nerve-wrecking at the same time. A few more days and we'll know :s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Cant wait!! :cool:
Reply 109
Anybody heardd anything from St Hilda's? It says on the website that emails are being sent out today, but still got nothing.... :/
Original post by runningscientist
Has anyone applied to St Annes and got a reply yet ? :smile:

I'm still waiting. What have you applied for?
Original post by Bluethroat
I'm still waiting. What have you applied for?

Chemistry, what have you applied for ?
Does anyone have an offer from Merton? Or just English from any college?
Original post by Tashaax
I know that nobody can stay with you, but i'm pretty sure you'd be able to stay till the 5th if absolutely necessary :smile:

Does that apply for all colleges??? :smile:
the wait is actually killing me! are the English interview offers going to take longer to come out you reckon? Maybe its because we had to do sumbitted work and the ELAT they really analyse everything and it takes longer?

Is Exeter college also rather delayed in contrast to other colleges, or has anyone got an interview for Exeter?

Also, do we get a letter sent through if we have been rejected and an email if we have been given one or can it be either way? I'm going to be away and the thought that a letter comes through saying "GOODBYE" and my rather intrusive mother will see it before I do is really worrying me :|
Original post by SecretGarden
the wait is actually killing me! are the English interview offers going to take longer to come out you reckon? Maybe its because we had to do sumbitted work and the ELAT they really analyse everything and it takes longer?

I reckon that that has definitely got to be a factor! The ELAT is marked by two separate examiners, and then if there's a disparity in the marks awarded, they get a third examiner to review your paper. So, that will definitely be time consuming. Imagining the volume of candidates, and then the level of submitted work from English students, I expect that we'll have to wait until the 23rd at least to find anything out....unfortunately! :frown:
Reply 116
Anyone heard anything from St John's yet? Or for human sciences in general? I haven't yet, getting very nervous! :s-smilie:
Reply 117
Original post by Clare_Wilde
Does anyone have an offer from Merton? Or just English from any college?

No, but I'm a Merton English applicant too :smile: we can wait/stress out together :tongue:
Original post by sarzed
No, but I'm a Merton English applicant too :smile: we can wait/stress out together :tongue:

I'm Merton Law applicant. Nothing yet either...
Reply 119
Original post by lifeislife
Does that apply for all colleges??? :smile:

I assume so? :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending